Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
tell me your fave animal. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 am
Foofy_Miru
Skittleo
The first snake I ever handled was, I think, a Ball Python at the pet store my mom worked at years ago.
And that was it, I HAD to have one.
But she said a ball python got too big for us to own at the time so I got a choice between a banana king and a cali kinggg, and now I have Grimm. =D

Waaait, I thought a banana king was just another coloration of Cali king. Unless it's a morph... I know one of them (Splendida, I think? Can't remember the common name, though) has morphs with such names as "PB&J" or something like that. xP

Actually it might be, I'm not really sure.
That's just what my mom told me about it, and since I chose Grimm I just looked for the name cali kingsnake when I was reading books about him and stuff.
The banana was a lot prettier, I think, but he was really nervous and shy and Grimm is really calm and sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:45 pm
Yeah, I'm about 99% sure "banana king" is just another name for some Cali king locale... I think the standard cali (black and white) is the desert "phase"/coloration. What did the banana king look like? Was it banded like a regular Cali, just different-colored? It could also have been an albino specimen. Geeze. Now I'm really curious. But I'm too lazy to google it. xD

Wow, a calm and sweet Cali...? You hit the jackpot! wink Most accounts I've heard about king snakes (especially californias!) is they have a habit of biting, musking, and, more often than not, trying to eat you. There's always exceptions to that rule, but every cali king I've met (all Petsmart hatchlings) have followed that "rule" quite satisfactorily.. I've been musked by each and every one, and I THINK one may have bit me but I wasn't looking when it happened and (if it did) it hit my knuckle which is too big for a baby to eat.  

Foofy_Miru

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:31 am
Foofy_Miru
Yeah, I'm about 99% sure "banana king" is just another name for some Cali king locale... I think the standard cali (black and white) is the desert "phase"/coloration. What did the banana king look like? Was it banded like a regular Cali, just different-colored? It could also have been an albino specimen. Geeze. Now I'm really curious. But I'm too lazy to google it. xD

Wow, a calm and sweet Cali...? You hit the jackpot! wink Most accounts I've heard about king snakes (especially californias!) is they have a habit of biting, musking, and, more often than not, trying to eat you. There's always exceptions to that rule, but every cali king I've met (all Petsmart hatchlings) have followed that "rule" quite satisfactorily.. I've been musked by each and every one, and I THINK one may have bit me but I wasn't looking when it happened and (if it did) it hit my knuckle which is too big for a baby to eat.

Same here, but I really did get lucky.
He lets you pet his head, anyone can handle him, he comes right out of his cage unless I wake him up >->
The only time he bit someone was when we first got him and my step sister was putting a pinky in his cage, and he got her finger by accident.
So it wasn't even on purpose xD I love my Grimmers <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 am
horses

Nahymana

BubbleE1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am
Red Fox :3
but for pet wise, definatly a pigeon blood.
but i don't have one.
I have a betta and some guppies.
So they are my favorite <3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:31 am
wolves!!!!!!!  

TheEarthSpirit

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:00 pm
River otters. heart They fill my heart with joy.
I know they're really aggressive, so I don't think I'd want to have any actual contact with one, but they're still my #1 favorite.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:09 pm
Ball pythons and cats. Love them both to death...ball pythons for holding for a long time chilling, cats because I can cuddle with them. heart  

PythonHandler

firestar1099

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Wolf. as you can see from my signature  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items