Combat Boots?
  Luv 'Em
  Leave 'Em
  Meh
View Results

Ascher

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:12 pm
DR490N
as would i, but i prefer stuff thats a bit fancier.

I feel that simple is best ^_^ Besides, why have my boots be all fancy and decked out if I'm only gonna wear them down with supreme amounts of walking?

And people generally watch my highly decorated hands more than they watch my feet because... everyone likes shiny objects... and my hands just... shine with all the shiny-ness from the stuff I wear, but no more digression!

I prefer a good boot that is functional and protective, rather than a pretty boot... And no one would ever catch me dead in men's platform boots... not because I think they're weird... no no no... it's because I have no balance...
on another sidenote I haven't tripped once while in my Bates Enforcers (as they are called by formal name rather than BOOTS OF JUSTICE +3)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:03 am
I love combat boots... I don't weat them myself, but I love the way other people look in them.

My preferred style of boot comes up to my knee, laces all the way, is made of black suede, has a pointy toe and pointy steel stiletto heel....

Yummy.  

Jasta

Marko Ragnos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:32 am
Pieces_of_my_heart
i want real combat boots, the ones that come from army stores!!!
Because my dad is in the air force. I have them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:18 am
I own several pairs of combat boots. They're very comfortable, rugged, and good for most situations. My favorite pair has formerly white laces that I attacked with a sharpie. So my right boot has what looks like a long Irish Flag in it and the other has a blue/neon yellow color pairing that turns to green when wet....

But boots in general are a good style of footwear. Sure, they aren't elegant ( most of them), but they're cheap, easy, good for working, protective, great for a moshpit ( By they way, I went to a show on Friday night and....owwww...possible cracked ribs, definate shoulder injuries)
And they give you a devil may care, rebel look, I guess. And combat boots go great with a kilt!  

Your Night Surgeon

Xian-B

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:31 am
Oh man, I live in combat boots!

I have doc martens, demonias, and anarchic steel toes and several pairs of standard military issues........

If your looking for good stuff, Military surplus stores will have them. Just check for one in your area, and without a doubt you can find great deals online.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:54 am
Oh yeah, combat boots are definately on my "hell yeah!!" list, though my choice of footwear is Reactor Negro Toberas by New Rock:

User Image

though mine aren't anywhere near as shiny as those, they've been beaten about in mosh pits and walked in A LOT  

Isobel Bellamy

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:01 pm
The last time I wore sneakers were my chuck taylors back in highschool. Over that summer I bought my first pair of Army Issued paratrooper combat boots. They were from some old guy in a yard sale. They had holes and had been worn in, so I put industrial staples to close the holes in the leather and put spikes on the heels, I love those shoes. I've had a couple of boots I've costomized and done s**t with, but I want tanker boots and this is what I currently have...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I did the spiderweb design (which can barely be seen) in the front with a soldering iron. I've added spikes to the back of these and plan to do more....point is, I love boots!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:49 pm
pretty nifty looking. i'm more of a minimalist myself, and i would only put spikes on the toes or on a jacket...otherwise i'd likely tear them out on something...like a person's face...or i'd tear my jeans....and black denim jeans are ******** hard to find in this city because they aren't "in ******** media clone town this is....everyone's an imitation of much music/mtv fasion and media pushed music, except the very few, most of whom i dont know since i dont have a job and therefore no money to go to shows and therefore no ways to meet people. makes me want to massacre. big ******** bloody massacre with a knife.

anyways back to the calmer topic at hand, i'd like to get a pair of boots...the warrior boot i think its called, but im not sure if the little metal thing would keep its shape after the repetitive beatings it would get.  

DR490N

LouisCyphre13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:55 pm
DR490N
pretty nifty looking. i'm more of a minimalist myself, and i would only put spikes on the toes or on a jacket...otherwise i'd likely tear them out on something...like a person's face...or i'd tear my jeans....and black denim jeans are ******** hard to find in this city because they aren't "in ******** media clone town this is....everyone's an imitation of much music/mtv fasion and media pushed music, except the very few, most of whom i dont know since i dont have a job and therefore no money to go to shows and therefore no ways to meet people. makes me want to massacre. big ******** bloody massacre with a knife.

anyways back to the calmer topic at hand, i'd like to get a pair of boots...the warrior boot i think its called, but im not sure if the little metal thing would keep its shape after the repetitive beatings it would get.

I do all my "shopping" at Thrift Stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill and I work at Hot Topic! I like shopping at thrift stores because I hate mass production s**t and I can find some killer stuff like awesome victorian ties and vests...I usally don't go anywhere else unless I'm looking for specialty items such as boots, spikes, and body jewlry  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:09 am
lurichan
Well, after watching my cousin's GF stroll about their appartment all day, I have to ask, who has combat boots, or boots really of any kind, and do you wear them often or enjoy wearing them? Does it make you feel different in any ways? More confident, more punk, or just generally feel comfortable? Share you thoughts and opinions on boots. ^_^
i myself have black kneelenth demonia buckle boots with an exact number of...7 tarnished metal plated...lemme get the pic for you...
User Image  

Jakk-Arcani

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:05 pm
DR490N
id like a pair of black leather boots with some ornamental studs and spikes on them, since my old vans skateshoes are wearing out, not that i do much skateboarding anymore since i've started to burn so easily in daylight. first proirity however, is the chainmail a friend is making for me, which ought to set me back at least 200 dollars, and then the trenchcoat or priest coat i'd like to get.

chainmail is $200? wow. i've been wanting some forever, and a lether trenchcoat even longer. and the same boots too! uncanny.

stuff is expensive  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:06 pm
LouisCyphre13
DR490N

I do all my "shopping" at Thrift Stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill and I work at Hot Topic! I like shopping at thrift stores because I hate mass production s**t and I can find some killer stuff like awesome victorian ties and vests...I usally don't go anywhere else unless I'm looking for specialty items such as boots, spikes, and body jewlry

do you get a discount for working at hot topic??  

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

myredsecret

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:56 pm
I have 3 or 4 pair...I love them....i've been wearing them since middle school, and i feel akward without them.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:07 pm
They are comfortable, I feel more like myself, and I feel I look better. I have a low self-esteem but with boots on, I feel more confident about myself. Maybe it's because I feel I can kick a** easier, or not. I dunno.  

candlelitkaos

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces