Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Rituals for drawing blood? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OMG Poll?
  poll whore..
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm
While that would work, I wouldn't recommend it myself for a couple of reasons. First, it won't be clean. Sure, you could clean it, but it just seems a bit manky to me and not something I would recommend. Secondly, you'd have to get it off the pencil sharpener, which seems rather fiddly. You may end up hurting yourself unintentionally.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:46 pm
Rachel The Squidray
If one day I find it important to me to draw blood then perhaps I will. For now though, it probably won't be happening. My friend once suggested using the the blade off a portable pencil sharpener. eek
That sounds like a bad idea. I'd want something sharper.

Sanguina Cruenta

Not as far as I know. Traditionally they would have been made of wood if anything. I'd say cow bone would be a good bet, and one of the easier ones to get. I've seen camel ones, but I'd rather get ones made from the bone of an animal the Norse would have actually had contact with wink

I was thinking elk. What do you think?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Danny Cheltyka

Invisible Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:56 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
While that would work, I wouldn't recommend it myself for a couple of reasons. First, it won't be clean. Sure, you could clean it, but it just seems a bit manky to me and not something I would recommend. Secondly, you'd have to get it off the pencil sharpener, which seems rather fiddly. You may end up hurting yourself unintentionally.

Yeah I told her that. If anything, I would use a knife.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:09 pm
Esiris

The Norse lot wouldn't have come into contact with them, I don't think, unless their historic range was quite a bit larger than their current one (possible).  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Neime-chan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:00 pm
I have only done one ritual involving blood before and it was to bless a friend of mines jewelry in the name of Apolo. I used a simple kitchen knife for this, mostly because I could not afford a ritual knife and my athame I made myself out of wood. But I believe that in a ritual involving the shedding of blood that the tool used to extract the blood is of little concern as long as it is clean. The blood it self is the main focus here.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:13 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris

The Norse lot wouldn't have come into contact with them, I don't think, unless their historic range was quite a bit larger than their current one (possible).

They call Moose elk in Europe and the Cervus elaphus look just like American Elk.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 pm
Esiris
They call Moose elk in Europe and the Cervus elaphus look just like American Elk.

Oh, "European Elk". Or Eurasian Elk to yon Brits. I was looking under a different genus entirely. Like in the same way Americans call bison "buffalo", yeah? Alces, not Cervus.

I'd say both Eurasian Elk and Red Deer would be fine, sure.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games