Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The dot thickens: Eng lit. now 2up2d8 4words Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WellThen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:46 pm
SilverMaple
This... is... degrading! scream This is to help students?!! LET THEM GODDAMN LEARN PROPER ENGLISH LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO!!!! Add an OXFORD PROFESSOR IS SUPPORTING THIS? eek What is this world coming to? This is not progress, we are spiralling towards decadence! gonk

Well, I wouldn't say decadence, I'd say ignorance. To me, if our society was falling into literary decadence, words would be used to their fullest, and reading would become obsessive in the mass population. That would be better then what we currently have though...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:45 pm
Oh no! It's begun!  

lola_siannodel

~Golden Angel flame~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:33 pm
eek eek eek eek eek eek I don't believe it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:21 pm
Excuse me as I go somewhere and cry.  

Dark Master Pineapple

Jill_Frost

Greedy Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:20 am
DarkElf27
Hey, is anyone reminded of "Fahrenheit 451" by this scenario? confused

I am! Me! Me! Pick me!

Well, the height of really rich irony will be translating Fahrenheit 451 into [txt tlk]. How come there is no emoticon for puking? I need one here.
-> exclaim <-  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 pm
O.O I was happy until I saw that. I believe I will sleep until this nightmare is over.  

Patron with a Mission

ruddah_baggah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:12 pm
There is a remote possibility that we are safe from this. Has anybody seen this happening?

At all?

The article was made November 8 2005 so in two years I must assume this has either one into full force or been forgotten.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:15 pm
... I despair.

Maybe it's because I don't own a cell phone. Even if I did I probably would type everything out.

Again, I despair. What has it come to? I see 'translated' versions of Shakespeare for the 'idiot teenage audience' and I just want to flat out DIE.

Then again, I AM in an advanced English class. Unfortunately no one else deserves to be:

Mr. Dangel: Does anyone know what Cassius's motivation is when he speaks to Brutus in act 1?

SBA: Me! Ohh! Ohh! Me! *hand stretched to the celing*

Crickets are heard chirping.

Mr. Dangel: No one? Come on! I'm working too hard here! *completely ignores me*

SBA: Pick me! No one else cares! *stretches arm more*

Crickets still chirp.

Mr. Dangel: Well... how about you, Mr. Grimm?

Owen Grimm: Duuuuuhhhh.... *snore*

Mr. Dangel: *sigh* Okay, how about you, Si-

SBA's arm promptly falls off to the ground.

Class: O___o;;

SBA: crying Please pick meeee.... *faints from blood loss*

Yeah, that's why people want to txtspk books. So my arm doesn't fall off again. xd  

SilverBellsAbove

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 am
ruddah_baggah
There is a remote possibility that we are safe from this. Has anybody seen this happening?

At all?

The article was made November 8 2005 so in two years I must assume this has either one into full force or been forgotten.

You're right. This is old news. I created this thread back in 2005 shortly after I saw the article.

If you look at the dates on the previous posts, you'll see that there was almost a year between the two posts before yours.

At time of this post, there's no rule in this guild about replying to old threads (as far as I know), but in this case I think that it's time I lock the thread because if I don't, some people will reply to it and bring it back to the top, and I don't think it's a good idea to alarm everyone about old news.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff