Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlaas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:02 pm
Dirt is here
Atlaas
I also love how that picture quotes Ghandi, when Ghandi was also quoted as saying that he didn't think Hitler was as bad a guy as they made him out to be. It's quoting a man, who respected a man who killed a bunch of gays and jews.
I think it's hilarious to think that anyone could put "fursecution" under any similar terms as what people like homosexuals have gone through over time.
I don't even get fursecution.
It's not like you don't have equal rights, or less job opportunities, or furries can't marry furries or something.
I've never really thought "Wow, that's weird", or "YIFF IN HELL FURFAG" constituted a "FURSECUTION. I AM AN OPPRESSED MINORITY".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:03 pm
Atlaas
Dirt is here
Atlaas
I also love how that picture quotes Ghandi, when Ghandi was also quoted as saying that he didn't think Hitler was as bad a guy as they made him out to be. It's quoting a man, who respected a man who killed a bunch of gays and jews.
I think it's hilarious to think that anyone could put "fursecution" under any similar terms as what people like homosexuals have gone through over time.
It's not like you don't have equal rights, or less job opportunities, or furries can't marry furries or something.
I've never really thought "Wow, that's weird", or "YIFF IN HELL FURFAG" constituted a "FURSECUTION. I AM AN OPPRESSED MINORITY".
We're in the same boat, then. I don't get it either.  

Kaya is here

O.G. Fatcat

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:11 pm
Atlaas
Your diagram is horribly flawed because you're squeezing thousands of years of history into one diagram, based, pretty much, on Nazis.

Garek Maxwell
In (much of western) history

Much of = All of?
Nazi Party existed for roughly 1800+ years?
You confuse me. sad

But I should be more serious and say that when it comes to western history, for a good chunk of it, it has been very negative towards homosexuals.

Now if you want to debate exactly when "the west was established" we can if you like. I like to think that during periods of mass movements of people such as "Asians" pushing out/colonizing places like Italy, Germany, France, etc... This is before the Roman Empire of course. While generally little is known about the celts and pagan tribes of more northern Europe, I'm somewhat inclined to believe that they were very accepting of homosexuality. I can be wrong, but if I had to guess I would assume that it would be similar to many Native American tribes that were very accepting of homosexuals. (Transgendered people as well, as it would seem.)

I'm also inclined to say that Early Christianity was quite accepting as well. Based upon evidence I've seen, I'd say it was rather accepting and do believe that they even performed marriages, if rare. However, what changed I don't know. It could have been a reaction against the Romans and their pagan traditions. It may not have been... I don't know. There's a great mix of cultures and beliefs for a long time. There's even evidence of Roman's bribing people to convert to Christianity, which probably didn't result in many who were only Christian in name.

Now, because I personally don't know all of human history and even scholars have trouble with many periods, it's not really known what people were like exactly with all the great movements of people going around. Even when that stopped, there's still debate over many aspects of the culture of the time.

I recognize that there might have been some communities more or less accepting, but over time people did become less accepting of homosexuality. If you know more than me, feel free to fill me in on the rough date range that this phenomenon took place. I'd like to know it.

However, as far as modern history is concerned, I chose the Nazi's as just an extreme example. I could easily have listed many different things still occurring today. In more extremist Muslim countries, you're killed if found to be homosexual. (Interestingly, this was also a change as many places in the middle east used to be more accepting of this, all of which were Muslim.) In the US, there are cases of homosexual children being sent off to "camps" to "correct" them. All of it fails, but it's basically psychological, social, and mental torture. In Europe, it's no different. Poland claims it has no gays, while turning a blind eye to violence against homosexuals. While some countries legalize same-sex marriage, violence and hatred is still spewed by the citizens of that country.

Has a lot changed? Of course. There's been ups and downs for all countries too. During the 1920s in the US, many Hollywood actors were virtually coming out of the closet. However, as the 30s came around that was quickly changed and those that weren't careful found themselves out of a job or worse. I recall reading that there were some Victorians of Europe who were not really 'open' but people didn't say anything either. A very silent acceptance, of sorts...if one at all. Certainly not a strong one, since that was relatively limited.

Things continue to this day to change. Over all, I'd say only in the last 40 or so years has much progress been made. Maybe before that, maybe after that. Maybe only any real progress was made since 20 years ago. The more things change, the more things don't. But when you look at the grand scheme of things, homosexuality hasn't been looked kindly upon. It's a real shame, since I'm certain many of these people could have made great contributions to society, but instead were often killed or treated as if they were lower than animals. If I were to take a percentage of western history and see what times it was more accepted than not, it'd probably only be 5-10% of the time, and that's being very very generous. It's also not counting the hunter gatherer societies, but really no one knows much about them either way. And you could argue how "western" were they if they were the same people from Asia? I don't know. But it only confuses the matters and leaves it impossible to give any kind of pseudo-statistic diagram.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:31 pm
....I thought this was about furry pride? anywho I was gonna do something special for the furry pride post but with all this political and PC nonsense going on I'll just simply raise my hand and say that I have pride in being a furry. If you have pride in being a furry then you should be posting here, don't use this as a channel to fuel your thoughts on persecution (sp?). Gay, Bi or Straight we're all furries here.  

Ulric Kessler

The Bunny

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:48 pm
Are only gay and lesbian furs allowed to display their homosexual fur pride?
Or can I express my heterosexual fur pride?
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 pm
It does just say "Fury Pride" after all, I'm heterosexual and I'm posting here :3  

Ulric Kessler

The Bunny

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:09 pm
Oh okie. (: Heterosexual furs are very understated in the community and I just wasn't sure if pride was pride or if my pride was unacceptable.User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 pm
Dirt is here
Atlaas
Dirt is here
Atlaas
We're in the same boat, then. I don't get it either.

It's all clear when you understand that all those who cry "OMG FURSECUTION" have a serious victim complex.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Ulric Kessler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:33 pm
omg no! fursecution! -cowers in my shell- oh wait..I'm a wolf not a turtle o.o;  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:37 pm
Ulric Kessler
omg no! fursecution! -cowers in my shell- oh wait..I'm a wolf not a turtle o.o;

FURSECUTION'S JUST A MYTH SON, GO BACK TO SLEEP.

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Gerhardt Ramien

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:43 pm
I think it is hilarious that this thread turned from "Furry Pride" into whining about "Fursicution"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm
ironic, no?  

Ulric Kessler

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:52 am
Brb, loling forever at the furry pride images.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm
shoki_de_nai

Same here.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:05 pm
Sunegami
shoki_de_nai

Same here.

Same boat as both of you ^^

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas