Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RING

Back to Guilds

Place for contests, charities, discussion, and friends! 

Tags: contests, charities, discussion, friends, minishops 

Reply THE RING'S HOME PAGE
Folger's in your cup. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like? eh? eh?
yes
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
maybe so
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
banksy
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:05 pm
poverty is not always becuase people are stupid, most of the time its wrong place wrong time. people are tortured everyday for reasons less then a quarter.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 pm
I said normally, not always ^_^

And yeah, that's true.

But why off yourself if it bugs you? Why not live and help those things? Stop it. Yeah, one person can't do that much, but one person can do enough to inspire another to inspire another to inspire another. Dying does no good at all.  

Ryeder

srestar
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm
i agree with ryeder

i feel like despite the ugliness of the world, and people sometimes, there is a lot to appreciate about life. I don't mean it in a cheesy love your neighbor type of way, but there are some things about the world, how people work, how stuff works, that just fascinate me. The fact that the universe has provided conditions that allow life on earth, and that we are around in this time period with free thought. that just blows my mind. It's incredible to think that out of the infinite possibilities, i was born and have knowledge of myself makes me feel like giving that up would be foolish. life is tough but we have a say in what we do with the cards we are dealt. sure, death IS an option. but you have only so many years as a human being to live. why not ride it out? its really just a blip of time in the whole scheme of things

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 pm
all in all it's an unpleasent blip of an existence. why is there war? becuase people are envious of those who have, while they have not. thats the root of all crime, is the want of something where it cannot be given or purchased. why does the poor man steal, to get food becuase he's hungry. he may not have money or anything to trade with so he steals. its not to simply get rid of the problem but to avoid the hassle of dealing directly with them.  

Whizdom Tree

srestar
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:09 pm
that's true, but why are some people selfless? why do some give when they don't have much to give, and on the opposite end of that spectrum, why are there people who want more who seem to have everything? i just think that what happens in life can suck or be wonderful, but all in all, its purely fascinating, and worth at least the blip of time that you are here in existence. i mean, you're around right? might as well find something you like and focus on that instead of dwelling on the bad stuff. OR if the bad stuff really bothers you, do something about it. even if its a small change, its a change and that in itself is remarkable.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:06 pm
but why hold onto the hope of something better when what you have is fine. even if you think someone is selfless, do remember they're doing it for they're own satisfaction. what happens when you search all your life for something to focus upon and end up with nothing. i can change the here and now, but to change the future is the hardest thing to do.  

Whizdom Tree

srestar
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:15 pm
i aggree. it's not so much that i think you should hold on to the notion of something better, for what we have right now is sufficient enough as worth. i just don't agree with the desire to end it all. i feel that there is no such thing as ending up with nothing at the end of life. that can't happen, everyone has to get SOMETHING out of life. just don't worry about controlling everything that happens, rather accept them for what they are or if you want to change things. dont keep unreasonable expectations so that failure results in disappointment.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:08 am
oh wow! that's an awesome stencil work! biggrin

and whooooa! philosophical discussions! D=
xp  

Chocolate Cheesepuff
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm
people squabble all of they're lives to get wealthy, but seldom do they realise what they leave behind. when theres no pyshical afterlife then there is nothing that can be taken with you. things are always going to happen, but if they're not changed then there is no progress. so i don't have any lower expectations then already.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:24 pm
As true as that is...tell me this. Even people who know that there is no physical afterlife still strive to make the best of their short lives. I know that nothing I gain is going to go with me when I his heaven, hell, limbo. Wherever I'm put. But I still try to make a living that's at least a little comfortable.

Why do you think we do this?  

Ryeder

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:52 pm
becuase most people can't process, without something to give purpose to their little lives. thats why theres religion, people don't want to live without something to tell them they have a reason to be here. the others just like to get through life and find out what they're purpose is. although i don't fall into either categorey, for i simply don't care. why is my own purpose greater then any other? what makes me the epidamey of the world? so why should i stick around to never find the right answer?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Damn that's a lot of questions...

Listen, life is hell. I know this, you'e obviously figured this out as well. But, seeing as I don't know what you're going through, can you tell me this?

What's causing this?

If you wanna go off yourself because the world is hell and is sinking into the lower levels of it, then I don't see why you'd do that. Why be a scapegoat for others? That's all you would be doing.

If you wanna off yourself because of personal reasons, tell me. I don't wanna be saying things wrong. But I know that there's not really a right or wrong answer in this.

Now for your questions-

Your purpose isn't. Mine's not great, yours isn't great, Sre's isn't great. But who cares? That's doesn't mean that we can't full ourselves into thinking that it is, or the better choice, give ourselves a purpose and say to hell to anyone who tells us otherwise.

I don't know what epidamey means, so I'm not gonna full myself with that one...

And, who knows? I'm sticking around so I can put it in the face of the people that thought I would be dead by now. I've tried suicide babe, and it didn't work. Just made me see that one, pills really have a bad effect on the body...and two, hospital food sucks. XP

If you don't find the answers, who cares? The fun isn't at the end, it's how you got there.  

Ryeder

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:12 pm
nothing is wrong with me, i have no debbie downer story to tell. i know people decide for suicide on those accounts. yes the world is getting worse, but thats no reason for me to get exited about it. theres nothing more personnal then what happens to everyone. why should we fool ourselves with false purpose's?, yet we can't listen to others who proclaim what our purpose is. pills are inefficent when it comes to suicide, guns are much better quick easy but they do leave a bit of a mess to clean up. so the only chance i have left is electricity which comes at a price, if im not moiste at contact i shall be more fried then KFC chicken. although on the other hand if i use a 22. then it might just bounce around my skull. back to the rest of te subject; there is nothing worth more then knowledge in life. if you can't answer questions then there is no reason to search in the first place making you into another sheep for wolves.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:26 pm
If there's no answer then you're not looking hard enough  

Ryeder

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 pm
or am i looking to hard? its not always the answer thats needed sometimes its the right question, becuase you can't get the right answer without the right question.  
THE RING'S HOME PAGE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff