Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply Graveyard
OCC - The World of Darth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:23 am
Angeles Valentine
((Be careful not to godmod Tonas. I don't see anything in your profile that says you have the power to take down a vampire at night. But because it was an NPC it will be alright for now. Also, what was with the muscles bulging? I saw nothing that said 'strength enhancement' in your profile))

It's not god moding when you destroy an NPC of your own creation while not stretching the limits of your character. I wouldn't even think about god moding or puppeting or whatever you'd like to call it when it came to a fight with another role player. Zulma trusts me on this, considering the fact that in our other guild Knights of Valor, we each faced a number of role players' characters in 1v1 bouts in order to reach the Finals, all the while being judged and monitored by 3 captains/moderators. Which, I reached the finals, and my opponent and I played it so well that the judges were so incapable of finding a true winner that they had to flip a coin 3x just to come to any kind of decision.

Additionally, I asked Zulma if I was overstepping my bounds when I had posted and she:

Zulma san
Tonas
I went ahead and killed an NPC in WoD, hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. Wasn't Louis or anybody important, just one that I made up to show just how seasoned and tough my old fart was.

I really want to make Vincent into the big bad guy, or at the least, one of the bad guys who threaten the entirety of the kingdom.

This is fine, this is what NPC are for, as long as you don't kill any of the Unit members it's alright.

Oh I would not ask you to give up Vincent, he is far too awesome for that! biggrin

Everything done was well within Vincent Roseblood's capability. He was a prodigy hunter when he first began his career and has aged greatly since then, becoming extremely powerful, I even see him as one of the primary villains of the RP. He's more than just a "starting character" in some RPG. He's a well-developed hunting and killing machine who, unlike 99% of all RPers, including the majority in this one, *begins* at an older age, meaning he has immensely differentiated amounts of experience when it comes to fighting and handling himself. Just think of Walter from Hellsing, which I assume you've seen considering your signature.

He is capable of absorbing and manipulating heat, thus, by empowering his own muscles to ignore friction and the problems it causes, his body is visibly empowered the longer he fights. He must release this built up energy periodically in order to not overwhelm his body, which is of course, still human. He has hunted, successfully, countless vampires and werewolves in his career and makes no secret his joy in committing such acts. With no friction or pain caused from moving as quickly as fire, he is able to fully handle a standard vampire or werewolf at night with ease, players and plot-specific NPC's obviously are not standard, therefore, when such encounters occur, significantly more effort must be put forth and no "kills/takedowns" will be done over a single post.

Additionally, if you would like to question my role play capability, please check my link in my signature for an entire world created, managed and updated regularly by myself which is still going strong.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 pm
Note: I don't care. And because you started this little argument I care even less.

Second note: The creation of the humans abilities were not meant to be used as extensively as you are using it. If you want to put science into a world of fantasy here it goes: injecting heat into the muscles would do nothing but make the muscles hot, perhaps make your character sweat more, nothing more. The ability to ignore friction has no impact on what your character can do only what he can withstand. And I really don't see how being able to control heat makes it so that your character can completely ignore pain. None of these calls for any strength enhancement, or speed enhancement for that matter as there's no way you can move at the speed of fire which, by the way if you mean to say he moves at the speed of light is godmodding, otherwise, this makes no sense as fire down not have a speed because it cannot move on its own.. If you wanted to be a strength based character you should have gone with the werewolves. Human were given magic, to use at your will, think of Avatar: the last airbender, not whatever the crap it is you're thinking. No I haven't seen Hellsing, so I don't know who Walter is, and never assume anything, because assuming something may just get you into more trouble.

And I wonder where the hell you came up with the belief that I was questioning your roleplaying abilities.

Next time you want to start an argument with me think about this: I helped create the rules and stats for this Roleplay, if you think you can get around the rules by reading in-between the lines at what isn't there, you're wrong. If I must I will go back into the rules and detail that there are restrictions for the powers so that people don't end up like your character with the ability to kill a vampire at night with teh greatest of ease by means that don't even make sense. We are all 'starting characters' here because this is a new RP.

Did I say you were godmodding? No, I said be careful not to. I myself noted that what you did was alright because it was an NPC of your own creation. If Zulma trusts you that's fine, but I have had six years experience role playing with literate and illiterate people alike, both have had their share of wannabe gods, and I've always found it better to prevent something with a warning before it happens than to try to fix it later.

There. Because you asked for it, you have been reprimanded. Next time a simple "I know, I'm not going to. And his muscles are enlarged because he injects them with heat," would have sufficed and would have not gotten me going, save maybe the strength enhancement through your element, in which case i would have consulted Zulma and told her that I think that it is wrong and an abuse of an ability, in which case we could have worked out a solution together.

Also:

Quote:
Human abilities: Elemental (partial control of one element):
- fire

Notice that it says partial. and that only fire is listed as an element. Heat has nothing to do with it.  

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:03 pm
First off:

Holy Christ. I didn't even begin to argue with you. I was bringing up a series of points and facts that I felt were relevant. You really went overboard and took this quite personally. I apologize if my mannerisms came off as warranting such divine wrath, but they were purely of a professional standpoint and nothing more than an single opinionated explanation of the inexplicable.

Six years of role play is admirable and something to be proud of. But I'd rather not like to get into a contest of who's had the most experience in the literary world, as it will only lead to more conflict.

Secondly: I never once insulted or berated you in any fashion, nor contradicted you specifically in my words. I quoted your words, and simply stated that what I was doing was not within the parameters stated, in essence agreeing with your statement (As well as ensuring that it was placed within the OOC Thread, instead of the Primary thread). Nor did I say that you were questioning my role play capabilities, I said that *IF* you had any questions towards the legitimacy, please refer to said link. This was not an attempt to attack you in any way, it was a method to which you could understand, in the event that you were unable to at that time.

Thirdly: As far as elemental use of fire goes... Heat is quintessential. No two ways about it, fire and flames are purely the physical manifestation *of heat* when it combusts.

As for the use as a muscle/strength and speed boost, that is a unique trait that I apply in all my characters who use fire as an elemental effect. If you had an issue with this, it would have been wonderful to know that fact prior to starting the role play. Please edit the rules if that is how you wish to go about it and I will gladly adhere to it. It is perfectly legal at the moment, even if it is via a loophole.

Lastly: Why do you say that everyone is a "starting character"? To say that all people are of equal standing in a world where NPC's are endless and people begin at different ages and experience, how can any true interesting conflict to arrive? Anything worth reading has conflict of a greater power that periodically grows and becomes more threatening that requires the cooperation of a multitude of younger, inexperienced or otherwise not as applicable to the task individuals to band together and overcome said enemy.

My question is, if vampires are essentially gods at night, what of the hunters? Do we truly have no option but to sit in a house at night, cowering, or do we have to *become* the vampire/werewolf itself as your character has done to actually make a difference? It seems like a round about logic to me, however this is yours and Zulma's creation, I adhere to your judgements.

-Please understand there were no hostile intentions whatsoever in the original post-  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:13 pm
Note to self: Never overstep the boundaries of the rp unless you want Angeles after you.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm
Human hunters must use a different style of hunting than my character. My character is able to hunt vampires based on an equal level of strength. Humans actually have a much simpler way of hunting utilizing holy objects and silver. That's why humans have the 'blessed' ability, because they cannot match the vampires and werewolves in speed an strength, the humans must pick at their weaknesses. As you character is a hunter by profession for many years, it would have been perfectly understandable for him to have several flasks of holy water, any number of crosses (or any religious symbol for that matter), host crumb, holy wafers and anything else that could possibly be blessed, especially since a priest rules over your faction. You could have your shoe blessed and kick it up a vampire's but and watch it burn for all I care >.>

And I apologize for my hostilities.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:43 pm
eek

Angeles and Tonas:

well... sweatdrop

You both are excellent role players.
I am glad to see that you are both very involved in the World of Darth, so involved that you are pointing out how much of a bad Game Master I am.

sweatdrop

Sorry about that. I must admit that if I have been role playing for years, I am novice at GM and therefore I left space for arguments in the creation of the WoD.
I should have been more thorough and explicit that would have avoided two of my best rpers to 'argue'/discuss about technicalities.

So I'll try to be clearer.
By giving a magic abilities to the humans I was hoping to balance their physical weaknesses against werewolves & vampires.
I agree that Vincent might have appeared very(too) strong in his fight against the vampire, however this was just a plot element including one of his NPCs in order to show his character. I trust him not to overdo it if he were to fight one of the characters.
I must admit that because of my knowledge of Tonas's usage of heat, I did not ask him to develop the ability. Please, Tonas could you send me a little description which I could add in your profile for future reference?

In any case, mea cupla.

I hope that my explanations are clear and will avoid further argument in the future....

Let me know if you have questions.

PS: Angeles, I like the holy shoes indea! smile  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Angeles Valentine
Crew

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:00 pm
I'm presently drawing a picture of my outburst as an apology to Tonas -.- It's probably not a very god apology but...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:01 pm
lololololololol blaugh blaugh blaugh

Okay, I'm sorry if that was really newbish and was unwarranted, but... that was really funny Angeles.

But that got me thinking.... Zulma, is it too much if I can analyze and mimic the auras/energies of certan magical items, like holy water? Kind of like in the Inn of Peace rp. I won't be able to mimic all of its properties but I could mimic it's most basic property, which will either be healing or or harming vampires. I know that it's not in my character profile, but maybe it could be one of things she learns in the rp?
If I can't do that, then can she learn how to nullify the energies of spells and such?

Oh, and sorry about that. I changed it from "Zulma" to "Emilia" sweatdrop  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Alus Shar Plynnil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:06 pm

O.O *reads the above argument/discussion* Wow.

Anyway, to the reason I posted here. It sort of surprises me that this literate RP seems more like a semi-lit. I know people have differing definitions of what is literate and not, but a lot of times in a literate post you see it more like my post. Though I am nowhere near a literate rper, as the posts normally seem twice as long.

Anyway, Just a random thought I had.

*cowers, hoping Angeles doesn't start ripping me up and down on what a literate rp is and isn't XP*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:16 pm
what do you mean by semi-lit? Sorry, this is only the second rp I've done sweatdrop so I'm still kind of new to this. I'm always afraid that I might've made a mistake in my post and that Zulma will have to PM me sweatdrop .  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Alus Shar Plynnil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Hah, no worries, the posts are fine, all of them. It's just that most the times in a literate rp there's at least five paragraphs per post, and the posts are often times decorated with a pic. Like I do my posts. No worries though, people have different definitions of literate.

In this rp I believe the meaning behind literate is that there's no L337 SP34K or chat speak and that it's written like a novel not with ** for actions.

*Is going to stop pretending she knows what a role-play should be*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:13 pm
Wow, please don't tell me that the rp you suggested I look at is like that, cuz I don't think I can do something like that.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Alus Shar Plynnil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:35 pm

Which one did you look at? I'm in all the ongoing rp's. The one I was referring to in specific is Aytheria, under the Survival subforum.

*headdesk* Forget that, I misread what you put.

Technically, no, it's not a literate role-play but the three of us that are regularly on, Shiva, Link and I, we like to decorate our posts, just none of them are too terribly long. Sometimes they can be, but othertimes, not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 pm
Hmm.... k then, I'll keep that in mind.  

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Miss McNinja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 am
Evenin' folks. Just wondering if you thought it would be reasonable for Kristoph to head for the castle. Since he's a smithy, I'd say it's fairly plausible for him to be delivering some weaponry (For guards, etc) or possibly decorative items. Repairs and such, since his work is rather high quality. Plus, it gives the guy a chance to grumble about those darned nobles. 8D

I'll make a post for the time being about it, but if you guys have any objections then I can always edit it. I just need something for the guy to do. xD  
Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff