Submit

~*~*~*~
  ~*~
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:45 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
I missed out a lot but I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet...but if they're going to remove the cigs shouldn't for the unhealthiness of it all shouldn't they also remove alcohol related beverages like the wine and cocktails. I mean those are items 13 year old's can't touch (at least not legally in the US).

Did they still keep those?

EDIT: But I guess alcohol doesn't cause cancer......

I may be wrong, but over here a 13 year old can legally have a glass of wine with a meal if they're with family.
(in fact i think the age is 12, not 100% sure on that)

Alchohol is very bad for you - but it's moderation i guess.

(not taht I can talk, considering i stayed out til 5am drinking last night xd )  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:50 am
iGoldman
kawaiitanpopo
Moonlight_HuangHou
I missed out a lot but I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it yet...but if they're going to remove the cigs shouldn't for the unhealthiness of it all shouldn't they also remove alcohol related beverages like the wine and cocktails. I mean those are items 13 year old's can't touch (at least not legally in the US).

Another great point of the hypocrisy of this whole matter!
I hardly find it hypocritical, just the first step of several changes throughout Gaia.

Until those changes are made, Gaia seems to be pretty hypocritical. Do you really think that they would give up Skittles? Or what other changes do you think they are going to make?  

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 am
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

I may be wrong, but over here a 13 year old can legally have a glass of wine with a meal if they're with family.

I find your take on the alcohol thing to be very interesting. What? Kids that become alcoholics aren't "giant retards", too, and the alcoholic items on Gaia therefore don't really matter? And simply because drinking is allowed at a younger age elsewhere in the world than say the US and Canada Gaia should keep those items on Gaia because not all of their users are from North America despite Gaia being located in North America and I would venture to guess that the majority of users are as well? Hmmm...interesting argument.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 am
kawaiitanpopo
iGoldman
kawaiitanpopo
Moonlight_HuangHou

I hardly find it hypocritical, just the first step of several changes throughout Gaia.

Until those changes are made, Gaia seems to be pretty hypocritical. Do you really think that they would give up Skittles? Or what other changes do you think they are going to make?
No, they won't, because they can't, because they have a huge sponsorship with them. Gaia doesn't have a sponsorship with Malboro, they don't have one with Bacardi. They removed tobacco, alcohol could be the next step.

But let's be real, Skittles are the lesser of the evils, and that's an extreme understatement.

Flyentologist

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 am
iGoldman
kawaiitanpopo
iGoldman
kawaiitanpopo
Moonlight_HuangHou

No, they won't, because they can't, because they have a huge sponsorship with them. Gaia doesn't have a sponsorship with Malboro, they don't have one with Bacardi. They removed tobacco, alcohol could be the next step.

But let's be real, Skittles are the lesser of the evils, and that's an extreme understatement.

I simply meant Skittles as an example, not as something tantamount to drugs and alcohol.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 am
kawaiitanpopo
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

I find your take on the alcohol thing to be very interesting. What? Kids that become alcoholics aren't "giant retards", too, and the alcoholic items on Gaia therefore don't really matter? And simply because drinking is allowed at a younger age elsewhere in the world than say the US and Canada Gaia should keep those items on Gaia because not all of their users are from North America despite Gaia being located in North America and I would venture to guess that the majority of users are as well? Hmmm...interesting argument.

i'm just making that point because with alcohol there is no complete legal cut off point for it, whereas with tabacco items there is.
(eg in the mediterranean weak alcoholic drinks are common for children/teens with food)
I'm saying it's not blacka nd white. whereas tobacco (like weed or cocaine :p) is.

no, kids that become alcaholics are retards too because yet again they don't use moderation. same reason why kids/ppl in general who don't know moderation with sweets and fatty things are dumbasses too because they don't use moderation.

with a f** you can be addicted from the first puff. = drug that serves no other purpose but to piss around with your nervous system.

Alcholol = bad for you, certainly. But at the same time how bad it is for you is relational to how much you have. studies have proven that a glass of wine a day is actually beneficial to health for example. Alchohol doesn't immediately lead to drunkenness.
but if you're stupid, you drink and drink and drink and get liver disease or beer bellies because you don't understand moderation.

Sweets 'bad' foods = bad for you, but is dependant on how much you have. a little cake as part of a balanced diet isn't bad for your health. 'bad' food doesn't automatically lead to obesity.
But if you're stupid, you eat and eat and eat and get obese because you don't understand moderation.

I'm trying to map out different levels of subtlety here. these latter things are more subject to individual responsibility.

that said, it is a pg 13 site. thus it's full of older people and gaia knows this (hence why they can do more sexual-hint storylines/jokes etc)
So really -in my opinion- whileever movies/books can show these various things (cigs, booze, sweets etc) then gaia should be able to too.
While i find fags disgusting, I don't think they should be rid of them.
but now they have, i can justify the decision.  

dragontamer363
Crew

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:18 pm
dragontamer363
kawaiitanpopo
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

i'm just making that point because with alcohol there is no complete legal cut off point for it, whereas with tabacco items there is.
(eg in the mediterranean weak alcoholic drinks are common for children/teens with food)
I'm saying it's not blacka nd white. whereas tobacco (like weed or cocaine :p) is.

no, kids that become alcaholics are retards too because yet again they don't use moderation. same reason why kids/ppl in general who don't know moderation with sweets and fatty things are dumbasses too because they don't use moderation.

with a f** you can be addicted from the first puff. = drug that serves no other purpose but to piss around with your nervous system.

Alcholol = bad for you, certainly. But at the same time how bad it is for you is relational to how much you have. studies have proven that a glass of wine a day is actually beneficial to health for example. Alchohol doesn't immediately lead to drunkenness.
but if you're stupid, you drink and drink and drink and get liver disease or beer bellies because you don't understand moderation.

Sweets 'bad' foods = bad for you, but is dependant on how much you have. a little cake as part of a balanced diet isn't bad for your health. 'bad' food doesn't automatically lead to obesity.
But if you're stupid, you eat and eat and eat and get obese because you don't understand moderation.

I'm trying to map out different levels of subtlety here. these latter things are more subject to individual responsibility.

that said, it is a pg 13 site. thus it's full of older people and gaia knows this (hence why they can do more sexual-hint storylines/jokes etc)
So really -in my opinion- whileever movies/books can show these various things (cigs, booze, sweets etc) then gaia should be able to too.
While i find fags disgusting, I don't think they should be rid of them.
but now they have, i can justify the decision.

I disagree with you to such a huge degree. I don't even want to start discussing all of the basic flaws in your convictions. There's too much so against my psychology background and personal belief to even attempt to go over it all. I am going to walk away from this hopeless argument right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:22 pm
I do hold my hands up and admit i'm being quite harsh for dramatic effect or whatever, so apologies for that.

heh aye, better to agree to disagree I think ><
*handshake*  

dragontamer363
Crew

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 pm
Wow, as far as I can remember this is the first subject that we've been completely split on.
Even when I brought up abortion we didn't have as much of an argument as this.

Though, now that I think about it.
You could bring politics into this one.
(But I won't)
I've been thinking about my government project too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:00 pm
dragontamer363
I do hold my hands up and admit i'm being quite harsh for dramatic effect or whatever, so apologies for that.

heh aye, better to agree to disagree I think ><
*handshake*

Indeed. *handshake*  

kawaiitanpopo

Distinct Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:13 am
Zizzykitty
Wow, as far as I can remember this is the first subject that we've been completely split on.
Even when I brought up abortion we didn't have as much of an argument as this.

Though, now that I think about it.
You could bring politics into this one.
(But I won't)
I've been thinking about my government project too much.
I agree Zizzy! I think for once we've gotten ourselves a debate in the guild! Yay! ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 am
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

I thought so! That's why I mentioned its like that for us in the US. Here the drinking age is...21 I believe.
In Europe you're allowed to so young! ^_^  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

I thought so! That's why I mentioned its like that for us in the US. Here the drinking age is...21 I believe.
In Mexico, as long as you are tall enough to reach over the bar and hand the man money, they will give you alcohol.
And yeah, I'm serious. At least, that's how it is in tourist areas.

Zizzy: I love a good debate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:54 am
Oh yeah, something nobody mentioned, wine is actually good for you.

Flyentologist

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:52 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
dragontamer363
Moonlight_HuangHou

In England I'm not 100% on the kid-alcohol laws, but i do know it is legal with a meal if it's wine or something.

As for standard drinking - you can drink from age 18, though they keep asking for ID so long as you look under 25  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff