Fresnel
uryu ishida
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Wow.

See AR pistols.
Oh THOSE I knew about. AK pistols were new on me.
Aren't they nifty? I've seen some other ones, but the custom work on that, coupled with the 20 round magazine make that one of the most attractive pistols I've seen in a while.
And as long as they build it as, and register it as, a pistol at the factory, you can make on in any caliber you want, or any type of longarm! Well, with a rifled barrel. Smooth-bored are AOWs, IIRC.
I bet it's more a factor of caliber than rifling. A purpose-designed .410 shotpistol might make it. Probably why the Judge did, now that I think about it.
It's the rifling and purpose of design. The Judge was purpose designed in .45 Long Colt and has a rifled barrel. Their cylinder just so happens to be designed so that it can shoot .410, and they just so happen to count it as a major feature. But it was purpose designed as a modern .45LC revolver.

The Serbu Super Shorty, on the other hand, is a smoothbore pistol and is an AOW. Unless you built one like it yourself, I guess, then it would have to be an SBS.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:34 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Wow.

See AR pistols.
Aren't they nifty? I've seen some other ones, but the custom work on that, coupled with the 20 round magazine make that one of the most attractive pistols I've seen in a while.

I'll always be a Rock River man. I'd love to see someone design a forearm loop for that buffer tube, though. It'd be interesting to try.

Also, 20-rounders are perfectly straight, unless they're butchered 30's. Those are normal 30's.
I was talking about twenty round AK magazines. And they make curved 20 round AR mags.
Oh... yeah, alright. That 20-round AK mag IS kinda cute. razz

I've maybe seen ONE original-manufacture curved 20-rounder. The rest were all butchered 30-rounders. One was made from a 30 that had taken a bullet or something... the MIDDLE had been chopped out, and the top and bottom peen-riveted together. And keep in mind, this is three years of competition speaking where we used 20-rounders exclusively, and bought whatever was cheap. We tried 30's once, experimenting for a rapid-fire competition, but we found that they got in the way and dropped them..  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:38 pm
uryu ishida
Fresnel
uryu ishida
OO23OO
Fresnel
And as long as they build it as, and register it as, a pistol at the factory, you can make on in any caliber you want, or any type of longarm! Well, with a rifled barrel. Smooth-bored are AOWs, IIRC.
I bet it's more a factor of caliber than rifling. A purpose-designed .410 shotpistol might make it. Probably why the Judge did, now that I think about it.
It's the rifling and purpose of design. The Judge was purpose designed in .45 Long Colt and has a rifled barrel. Their cylinder just so happens to be designed so that it can shoot .410, and they just so happen to count it as a major feature. But it was purpose designed as a modern .45LC revolver.
That reason is like William Tell ******** up and explaining to the cops that his negligent homicide was just happenstance, and wasn't homicide at all. You KNOW the BATF wouldn't take that kind of bullshit line. "Oh, it's a .45 pistol, it's just serendipitous that it takes .410 too..."

Quote:
The Serbu Super Shorty, on the other hand, is a smoothbore pistol and is an AOW. Unless you built one like it yourself, I guess, then it would have to be an SBS.
The Serbu is built out of new-manufacture long gun parts. They were never actually assembled into a long gun though, so building a shotpistol out of them skirts the laws and makes them an AOW. If the design had been modified in any REAL way (not just making it shorter) and the caliber were less than a half-inch, it might have gotten off.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:43 pm
Fresnel

I've maybe seen ONE original-manufacture curved 20-rounder. The rest were all butchered 30-rounders. One was made from a 30 that had taken a bullet or something... the MIDDLE had been chopped out, and the top and bottom peen-riveted together. And keep in mind, this is three years of competition speaking where we used 20-rounders exclusively, and bought whatever was cheap. We tried 30's once, experimenting for a rapid-fire competition, but we found that they got in the way and dropped them..
Everything about the AK is cute. And would that manufacturer be Magpul?  

OO23OO

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:22 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel

Does magpul make metal mags? No... strike that, it was too shitty. Aluminum, I think, and likely unstamped.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:30 pm
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel

Does magpul make metal mags? No... strike that, it was too shitty. Aluminum, I think, and likely unstamped.
You said nothing about metal.
And I don't have anything that accepts AR mags yet, so I don't really know much about them.  

OO23OO

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:41 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel

You said nothing about metal.
And I don't have anything that accepts AR mags yet, so I don't really know much about them.
Didn't think it was pertinent. Most AR mags are metal, and I didn't even know Magpul made 20's.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:30 pm
Fresnel
Didn't think it was pertinent. Most AR mags are metal, and I didn't even know Magpul made 20's.
I'm 95% sure they do, and like most things Magpul, they're future sexy.  

OO23OO

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel

Magpul Licenced Airsoft ACR  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 am
Sgt Buckner
OO23OO
Fresnel

Magpul Licenced Airsoft ACR
The only way it could be any better would be if it had a conversion kit for firing full-sized paintballs.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas