Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 2
The Legacy Challenge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tried the Legacy Challenge?
  Yes!
  No...
  Yes, but I didn't like it.
  No, but I think I'll try it!
  Miew?
View Results

Kalvaya

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:09 am
I'm working on mine at the moment. I'm currently on the third generation (with all of them still at college) and, hopefully, will reach the fourth soon.

I still want to get the Cow Plant though. There are a couple of sims who have really been getting on my nerves ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:11 pm
crying I decided to look at the other Game made character families today (something I rarely do), and just found out my founders wife was a Broke... So I guess it is back to drawing board for me.  

Late Shift

Norri the fae

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:11 pm
do the sims have to live in the same house  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:37 am
I have a question... I read something about there being an heir or heiress, do you choose which kid that is, or is it the first born one...  

Kitties_at_the_disco

Late Shift

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:04 pm
Quote:
do the sims have to live in the same house
:

No. If you have more then 1 kid (I do just incase the heir dies) once there of age the spare can move out.

Quote:
I have a question... I read something about there being an heir or heiress, do you choose which kid that is, or is it the first born one...
:

From what I understand it is first born child. However I was thinking about doing the first born male as that is tradition.

My legacy is doing well. The third gen heir is about a day from child, and the 2nd gen heir is 1 promotion from perma plat only being 3 days into adult hood. The only bad things are the fact that my founder, and his wife are old, and about to die. That makes me sad as I have never let a sim die before (always used elixier, and not using it this time). Also the 2nd gens wife's business is failing horrabley, and looking like I sunk 50k into nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:36 pm
I just started a Legacy family, starting with a girl. The famiy is going really well so far! I'm only up to the 3rd generation though sweatdrop

Also I haven't done any cheats, the only thing I did wrong was get the wrong size of land..  

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:23 am
I just started too! Im up to the second generation (not very far...) They are not very happy.... Im almost to the third, i should be by tomarrow biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:19 pm
Kittyprincess190
I just started too! Im up to the second generation (not very far...) They are not very happy.... Im almost to the third, i should be by tomarrow biggrin

Ok, so i was wrong, i didnt get farther, my laptop needed to get re-majed for school, and now they r gone... I think ill start again soon.... going without cheats is so hard, im used to using cheats, i use maxmotives whenever they r mad so its hard to go without it! i need to try again, mybe ill get farther this time.....  

Kitties_at_the_disco

smilylady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:49 pm
No, i havn't tried it, i just love the cheats, maybe next time  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I've never tried- but some of it doesn't seem to appealing to me so I mgiht try with some changing. xD
On Thursday when I can play I'll try and I'll probably start out with 2 people- but not have them love eachother yet so they'll have to bring the relationship up. Just 'cuz I don't like the idea of trying to fall in love with NPCs. Dunno why.
But I'll try not to use cheats
I probably won't keep score
I'll try to do the roll dice aspiration thing but who knows I might forget
But yeah- I will try it it might entertain me xD

`R a i n b o w

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:56 pm
My legacy family is almost complete! The eighth generation heir just got back from college with his fiancĂ©e. They're going to get married and start popping out ninth generation babies as soon as the litter of puppies in the house grow up. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 pm
I'm playing the Legacy Challenge right now, but I've cheated a few times. xd I used maxmotives once or twice because I just couldn't handle it, I used the insim to give a job back to one sim after he lost it in a bad chance card, and once I brought my teenage heir back to life after she died of fright. I didn't want to cheat, but I got so involved in their lives! I couldn't let them go into ruin! gonk

My heir has an infant, so that little girl means I'm on generation 4. I never thought I would make it this far!

Right now I only have one platinum grave on the lot, and only two graves total. They both died of fright but I'm thinking of killing off the 2nd gen heir, since she's achieved her lifetime want and I have nothing else to do with her. I could get in a point for the ol' pool death.  

A Story Worth Telling

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,225 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Pinny Nickels

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:28 pm
I've kind of done it, but I didn't get very far.
I might try to finish it or just start over though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:59 pm
    I'm probably going to try the Apocalypse Challenge; it sounds funn. <3

I have it all printed out;; 10 pages of text-ie goodness.
    I just don't want to go through college... U__U

[tofu][rocket]

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:55 pm
[User Image]

i tried playing it at my dad's house, since i have no expansions packs there and its really boring, but bleh, its not that great w/o cheats.. i think i'ma try it here, but use cheats, and not keep score. just build my own house and get 10 generations of people with NPCs

The Sims 2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff