Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 am
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
User Image

The only true assault revolver. Internal, three-round cylinder used for burst-fire. Fires flechettes from a modified 5.56mm shell.
Wow. That's kinda nifty. How well did it work?
Not well enough to replace the M16. Had a ******** quick burst speed, but it was 50-cal loud. Apparently flechettes do that.
I don't think anything is going to work well enough to replace the M16, at least not for a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:47 am
OO23OO
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
User Image

The only true assault revolver. Internal, three-round cylinder used for burst-fire. Fires flechettes from a modified 5.56mm shell.
Not well enough to replace the M16. Had a ******** quick burst speed, but it was 50-cal loud. Apparently flechettes do that.
I don't think anything is going to work well enough to replace the M16, at least not for a while.
I think they should just start mass-producing gas piston kits and refit each rifle as it comes in for repair. One tenth of the price of any other gun, compatible with 100% of all previous M16 accessories, and will outperform the M16 in almost every way. Say hello to the M16A5.

ETA: Oh yeah, forgot to mention... the flechettes lost a LOT at a distance. They were useless beyond a hundred yards or so.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:19 pm
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
User Image

I think they should just start mass-producing gas piston kits and refit each rifle as it comes in for repair. One tenth of the price of any other gun, compatible with 100% of all previous M16 accessories, and will outperform the M16 in almost every way. Say hello to the M16A5.

ETA: Oh yeah, forgot to mention... the flechettes lost a LOT at a distance. They were useless beyond a hundred yards or so.

Super effective in high numbers, in brush and short distances.
Well, relatively.

Saw this History channel thing about a 105 battery that was about to get overrun by a bunch of Vietcong.

One guy loaded his cannon with the fletchette round and used multiple charges, beyond safe is what was said, and wiped just about all of the attackers out.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:24 pm
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel
User Image

Saw this History channel thing.
DO NOT TRUST THE HISTORY CHANNEL.

Seriously, I've never heard of more bullshit from ANY other serious station.
Hell, they've even said things like, "The M16 is more most powerful assault rifle ever deployed in combat."  

Shrantic

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:30 pm
Shrantic
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel

Hell, they've even said things like, "The M16 is more most powerful assault rifle ever deployed in combat."

Yeah, should have known that when they didn't mark the StG-44 as one of the top 3 or 4 for assault rifles.

But still, artillery batteries were given beehive rounds.

Anyway, that M-whatever that was posted looks it was designed by the guy who made the M1941 Johnson rifle.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:21 pm
OberFeldwebel
Shrantic
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OO23OO
Fresnel

Yeah, should have known that when they didn't mark the StG-44 as one of the top 3 or 4 for assault rifles.

But still, artillery batteries were given beehive rounds.

Anyway, that M-whatever that was posted looks it was designed by the guy who made the M1941 Johnson rifle.
I don't think it was ever classified, beyond maker and competition name. It was AAI's entry in the ACR tests, so it's always been called the AAI ACR everywhere I've seen it. It went up against Colt's competitor, firing double-bullet cartridges, Steyr's AUG ripoff firing flechettes, and H&K's failsauce G11 that would overheat and spontaneously fire the entire ******** magazine at once. And the magazine was sideways, like the P90.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:15 pm
"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

User Image

-Darth Vader: The Original Trilogy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Also, ATOMIC FACE-PALM.

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:00 am

Ah, here we are. I found it.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 am
OO23OO
Das Rabble Rouser
It's a major reason for me still being here. I've still got GD I like to d**k around in and a few friends.
I laugh at the RPers in Barton who think they know guns.
Weapons of the day, katana and a .50 Desert Eagle.  

Hans Reiker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 am
Hans Reiker
OO23OO
Das Rabble Rouser
It's a major reason for me still being here. I've still got GD I like to d**k around in and a few friends.
And a Beretta .50.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 am
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
OO23OO
Das Rabble Rouser
And a Beretta .50.
But wait, that's not all. They want to weild not one, but two Desert Eagles.  

Hans Reiker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:03 pm
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
OO23OO
Das Rabble Rouser
And a Beretta .50.
Or three, like that douche from One Piece. Hold it in your teeth and pull the trigger with your Gene-Thimmonth-like dongue.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:04 pm
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
OO23OO
Das Rabble Rouser
And a Beretta .50.
Or three, like that douche from One Piece. Hold it in your teeth and pull the trigger with your Gene-Thimmonth-like dongue.
Hah, I'd love for someone to shoot one out of thier own mouth, I hope they have good dental insurance.  

Hans Reiker

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:31 pm
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
And a Beretta .50.

Why not? The DEagle and Beretta trake the same ammo and the katana is the best hand to hand weapon ever developed. Plus all 3 are super effective anti-tank weapons.

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff