Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Christmaaas! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:28 am
im in va and the fiance doesnt want us to drive all that way so you assume correctly lol
i was planning on just using fedex and send them back to the house (the father in law will be living with us) i plan on having a tank all set up before i leave so all he would have to so is just put them in. they would also peobably be too stressed to eat so he wouldnt have to worry about feeding them.
ill ask about the shipping booth if i can convince the fiance that florida is the place to go. he wants to go to hawaii or somewhere tropical  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:13 pm
Skittle-- Good luck finding a present for Grimm... That's why I'm calling the fecal tests presents. Unless you brumate and breed them early (aka: sex) or buy them a future mate, shopping for snakes is difficult. xD

Shanna-- The problem with using FedEx is you have to find a certified shipper to ship them for you. No problem if the seller is qualified and willing, but pretty troublesome otherwise. Good luck convincing your fiance of Daytona Beach being the "place to be" in the middle of August... And who says Florida isn't tropical??? wink  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:50 pm
good point, thanks

ive read its a bad time of year to go to florida baecause of hurricanes but already living on the east coast we already know how to deal with bad storms so whatever  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:41 pm
Lol, yeah. Between the hurricanes, the heat, and the humidity... I remember someone, on another forum, chuckling about how his relatives thought he was nuts... Always wanting to take his vacations in Florida at the end of August. For some reason, that kind of stuck with me... I can imagine a few of my family and friends looking at me like I'm nuts if I suggested such a thing.

Apparently, there have been a couple times when hurricanes have interrupted the Daytona expo. I've heard those times referred to as "fun," but I have my doubts. You know, unless it struck in the middle of the day and everyone got stuck inside the expo building... Now THAT would be fun! xD

We get some doozies over here on the west coast, too. Only, apparently, we call them "storms" instead of "hurricanes" or anything like that. "Oh, the town's flooding again? Oh, the power lines, every tree over 10 feet high, various houses, and several hills are collapsing? This is a pretty nice storm, huh!!" All them damn southeasterners are a buncha babies!! wink

(Teasing, of course! The town floods at least once a year, but the rest of that has only happened once since I've been around... in '07. Apparently, we got national news... everywhere but our home state.)  

Foofy_Miru

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:07 pm
Shanna;;
I live in VA too.
What part do you live in?

Foofy;;
I usually just buy them at petsmart lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:37 am
im in newport news, where are you at?

@ foofy
where i am the storms dont get too bad, we just get some flooding. my backyard is still nice and we from that nice norestern we had a few weeks ago. plus they waited until yesterday to pick up the leaves in the street from that storm so there was even more flooding because the water didnt have anywhere to do xp but the worst that came out of all this was that all the grass in the yard is dead. our house is ona hill so no water damage unlike at my fiance's place. the insurence company is trying to screw him over saying that they will only pay to fish a small amount of the water damage  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 am
Danville, unfortunately lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:19 am
my grandfather was born there

has it been raining alot in your area?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:56 pm
Nope, snowing actually, unfortunately.
lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Our yard is pretty protected by the house. House is uphill from the yard, and kind of protects it from being washed out.. We did manage to get water damage one year, though, even though we're plenty outside of the flood zone. All of our stupid freaking gutters got pulled down throughout the various storms, so there was nothing redirecting the water.... Somehow, it all managed to get into the basement. Yuck. Another time, our sewage system kind of backed up... But that wasn't any storm's fault. That was the idiot layout of the piping in this stupid house. (The idiots who built this house were... um... Idiots.)

*so hoping we don't get snow this year!*  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:28 pm
whats with you crazy people? here i am wishing with all of my little heart that we get alot of snow. we got just under half an inch last night but its all gone now sad i love snow, its the only excuse for it ever being cold outside  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:35 pm
I like snow in moderation. And I like snow in a place that is used to/expects/does something about it. I especially like it when it doesn't affect your ability to get out of the driveway...

But when you live in a town like mine, where the only place that gets treated with a snow plow and de-icing stuff is the highway that cuts through the middle of town, snow is a horrible burden. Last year, for the first time in.. probably as long as I've been alive, we got a foot (or so) of snow, all at once. To start, we couldn't get out of the driveway. When we finally did (half an hour later), we almost crashed in to another of our cars. When we headed back home, because we have to drive down the highway to go anywhere, we could barely get back into our neighborhood because of the blatant "wall" of snow where the unplowed street met the plowed and de-iced highway. Oh, and, even better... We live on a corner, so, all week, we had to worry about people coming around the corner and hitting our cars and/or house because of the damn snow.

I hate snow here.  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 pm
wow, do you live in a really small town?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 pm
Shanna66
wow, do you live in a really small town?

Teeny tiny, like a population of 10k or so... In an even tinier county. My town is bigger than the county seat (next door). We have a "ghost town" or two... One actual "tourist town"... And all we really have going for us is "scenic route" Highway 101 passes right through the middle of my town, the county seat, and the "tourist town," so we get some good out-of-town traffic during the summer months.  

Foofy_Miru

Sarahmooo
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm
Danville is pretty small too.
We've been getting some cool sotres and stuff built lately, but before that it was pathetic, seriously.
And I hate snow for two reasons- It's wet and cold. I hate both when put together.
It's pretty to look at, but not worth it when you have to walk up a steep hill several times a day in two feet of it >->

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff