Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims: Open For Business Official Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amandapace7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:33 pm
there is one more video out... probably the last before release since it's so close now.

I'm not TOO terribly upset that i can't afford to pre-order, cause i don't feel that I really NEEDED a chicken suit and statue! rofl but i will be getting it as soon as i can afford to!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:35 pm
I choose to pre-order at a local store, then I can pay them when the item arrives. And since the store is an official EA Games dealer, then I'll get the freebies too biggrin .

I will get it on the day it came out anyway, so better pre order it biggrin .  

SirEmino
Captain

SirEmino
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:30 am
I was at the main EA Games distributer office in Malaysia (Software Boutique) from 1pm till the games arrives in FedEx box to the shop (at 2:30). So officially, in Malaysia, I am teh FIRST PERSON to get it! Yay!

They came with a poster, a goody bag (actually, that's from the shop) and the game itself. And in the box, they have fliers about the next pack, EA registration reminder, a CD (yes, it seems like Business just get one CD) and the manual. I also got a poster and a special pre-order code to download the special pre-order costumes.

The lady at the shop is very nice, she invites me to play a few game demos while waiting.

User Image
User Image

FYI, I have no idea why I had to rush, since my gaming pc are at my parent's house and I can only play them during the weekends (at my college pad right now). This so makes me wanna skip classes for the rest of the week. Lol!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:57 am
it sounds awesome! They always come up with new ideas, it's a wonder.  

Chikiya

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:10 am
I'm about to go to GameStop (most reliable source of getting OFB when it comes out that's close) to see if it got here yet ::crosses fingers::.

How is it so far, SirEnimo?

edit: Just visited GameStop.com and according to that its there. Lets hope the rumors of it being here Thursday instead of today are false.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:37 pm
Quote:
FYI, I have no idea why I had to rush, since my gaming pc are at my parent's house and I can only play them during the weekends (at my college pad right now). This so makes me wanna skip classes for the rest of the week. Lol!

I am 2 hours away from my parent's house, where I kept the game. With my busy schedule like this week, I cannot go there now for the time being.  

SirEmino
Captain

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:45 am
Okay, gotcha. I didn't see that part the first time I read your post.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm
I HAVE IT!! AHHHH!!!

Complete review tomorrow... after I play it for 24 hours straight ninja

edit: There's an insert in the box that mentions a Family Fun pack coming in April 2006.  

Lady Vina

Trigger X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:15 pm
I fianlly got mine yesterday, I don't know why our EB was only just getting them in on the 1st. Anyways I'm having a blast! I really love owning a shop and everything (my first shop is a bakery, although no shop has an offical classification) But I was wondering if anyone knows if OFB has a supernatural sim like the aliens, zombies, and vampires? (I was hoping this one whould have werewolves, although thats more of a pet exapntion supernatural.)

Another thing is that I never got the mascot kit for pre-ordering it, anyone know how thats supposed to work?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:37 am
About the maskot thingy, if you had pre-ordered you should get an orange paper with codes from the store. Then go to http://thesims2.ea.com/mascot and put your code there! Then you can download it!

I already do that, but I quickly removed the costumes back (it somehow made my poor pc suffer of lag-giness!)

Anyone know how to make a functional saloon? Customer does not seems to be interested in it!  

SirEmino
Captain

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:45 am
I just figured out how to make a fairly successful home flower shop/toy shop.

When I tried making a salon, sims were interested my sim just kept giving them really bad makeovers. Abijeet looks like a girl now cause my sim gave him a makeover.

My question is, which skills go with which store related skill? Like making toys and robots and such  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:56 am
I believe creativity helps for flower arrangements, mechanical helps building robots and toys and charisma helps sales. But for more goodies you'll need the damn badges. Grr...

My robotmaker now can relax, since he had his servo razz .  

SirEmino
Captain

Chikiya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:08 am
I'm so bad at businesses! My Sims don't have enough hours in the day, they come home so tired and the employees refuse to work. Anyone got a suggestion that might help?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:25 am
Chikiya
I'm so bad at businesses! My Sims don't have enough hours in the day, they come home so tired and the employees refuse to work. Anyone got a suggestion that might help?

Get a Servo. They help a lot! biggrin  

SirEmino
Captain

Chikiya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:20 am
SirEmino
Chikiya

Get a Servo. They help a lot! biggrin
My Sim has a gold robot-making badge but never finishes the Servo because he always skives.  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff