Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:27 am
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

I'm trying to get more in shape, since I'll be doing a lot of crossplaying and small girls cosplaying. It would also be nice if I didn't get so out of breath as I do on stairs and hills, but right now that's partly due to leftover asthma from the laryngitis (I think).

Stats:
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Goal: Toned arms, tightened/smaller thighs and butt, smaller boobs, flat stomach
Time to get fit: 2 months

Workout:

Right now I plan on doing 100 sit-ups a day and 100 push-ups a day. I get a lot of walking done because of my school's campus, not to mention literally everything is uphill from my dorm. (I guess I got lucky....) When I'm used to that, I plan on increasing the number of both to 150, then 200, etc. I plan on working out with my roommate at least every other day, if not every day with 1 day off for resting (so the muscle can develop and such).

As far as foods go, I eat pretty healthy because of the dining halls right now. I'm planning on cutting out desserts and avoiding fried foods. I'm also a vegetarian, but we have a vegetarian/vegan place in one of the halls where I can get food most of the time.

My only worry is for when I get home for break for a month. My family is very into meat, so I won't have a lot of food options. My mom isn't familiar with vegetarian friendly meals. Also, I won't have my roommate to work out with, since we live an hour away from each other.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:04 am
@ Salsababy
Wow! We have the exact same motivation for losing those extra pounds!
Hmm... instead of water... do you like Green Tea or any other types of Tea? That would be even better than water if possible. Also, I've been telling a lot of people to look into diet sunkist. It's pretty much just a carbonated lemonade so imo better for you and it only has 10 calories.

Good luck! v^.^

@Rishiki

I'm glad you found your workout center! I understand starting at the start of next semester. Not only are you probably dealing with Finals Week but after that there is family and friends to hang out with, and going on campus is just depressing.

Hmm... Yeah definitely don't go cold turkey. My mom is the same way. She needs one bottle of coke per day or she gets headaches as well. I would suggest limiting yourself to so much soda a day and then every week or so limit yourself to less each day or even only one every other day. Then just keep weening yourself off of the stuff until you can down to as little as possible.

Otherwise just try to drink diet soda. Cutting soda out of your diet can be a BIG help in weight loss but you don't want to suffer with headaches and then probably feelings of being unmotivated to work out because of it.

@Sadistic Optimist

25 pounds in 7 months is definitely a reachable goal! biggrin
So what's your plan to reach that goal?

@Scary Miss Merry
Haha, I understand the tapes. I do mine in the dead of night when the rest of the house is asleep. >.>;; 35-40 minutes is a good amount of cardio. :3

@Genma Ruishito
You sound pretty committed! Good luck with working out as soon as your OT hours are over. Hopefully they won't make you work any more? xD

@Blow out your eardrums
Yeah, out of my friends I was one of the few that got their license RIGHT when they turned 16. I had a few friends that didn't get theirs until they were about 20-21 and some are turning eighteen and still don't have their permit. D:<<

Yeah... I don't remember which brand I get... but seriously if it has chocolate or anything on it, a little bit of sweets won't be bad for you. Especially with all of that fiber. Just keep a look at the calories. ((Again: I LOVE the apple strudel.))

Hahah EWWW, yeah try not to get clay into your tummy. <33

@Beki:
I TOTALLY HAD A BANANA WITH MY BREAKFAST TODAY!!! xD

Yeah that HIIT stuff... definitely works.

WOW I didn't know the your weight time eight deal! I'd always heard "more calories out than in, 1300 calorie diet, blahblahblah" My first thought was, "I have to spend THAT much time in the gym!?!?!!!" ((I eventually realized that doing everyday things burns calories as well but I didn't know the general way to figure that out.))

Thank you so much for all of your tips!

Oh and about the nuts, I knew nuts weren't good for you... what you said... and also when dieting aren't you supposed to lay off the salt? A lot of nuts tend to have salt, yeah?

@Chibi May-chan
Ahh THAT'S a reason to not eat salt! x3
I've been trying to cut out cheese and I guess it shouldn't be too hard to cut out dairy in general. Thanks for the tips!!

@Scientifically Erotic
Aww... well if you like tea I would still recommend drinking it. I personally can't stand the stuff and it makes me sad. :<

@K master of flames
Yeah, I would say... Whey protein? You can make shakes with that stuff or just add it to your water. They have vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry flavors and the shakes you can make with it are... kind of tasty. You put two scoops of that in whatever you're drinking and its about 210 calories and you get nutrients to help your muscles.

50 sit ups? Hmm... I would suggest looking into an actual ab workout tape or something. You end up doing a LOT of different types of crunches and work out the many different parts of your abs. Just doing regular sit ups will really only work certain areas of your abs.

Squats are good if you want to tone up your legs, and jogging is... well... I don't really see that affecting your abs very much either.

I'm not too good with giving suggestions about toning up though. I'd suggest doing some more research on how to get those killer abs. :3

@DattebayoPrincess
Aww... I know how you feel. On days I have relapses I feel horrible and depressed and don't feel motivated for the next day.

Working gives a much better feeling at the end of the night D;

Just make sure you jump back on the horse tomorrow dear. :3 These days can happen. Just keep imagining yourself when you loose the weight you want.

Hmm... artificial supplements aren't actually a bad idea though. I mean if you don't want to take them or don't want to spend the money on them then don't. But supplements are good for EVERYONE vegetarian or not. <33

@Musical Panda
SQUATZ N' OATS D;<<
No, really. Squats are GREAT for your thighs and butt. :3 I would add them to your sit-ups and push-ups. You're already seem pretty fit by your weight/height ratio (all I can go on since I don't know you xD ), I'm not really sure how much smaller your boobs are going to get.... xD

Holidays are horrible for weight loss. About the diet; just suggest some foods to your mom. Ask for some Tofurky or whatever your fake meat of choice is. And in general ask her to buy some more vegetarian things. Go shopping with her. ((Did you become a vegetarian after you moved out? Or did your mom not get it then either?))

@everyone~

AGAIN good luck achieving your goals!! <333

Suicide Skittle

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:06 pm
Really? Well it can be bitter sometimes. I use to hate and always added tons of sugar to it. XD

Right now I'm a bit stressed because of the holiday season plus school so my Metabolism is going nuts. XD But I'm making sure to eat healthy and not cut back to much. I also have been running around a lot recently because of all the things needing to be done for this season, plus two people in this house are really sick so my dad and I have to do most of the chores since they can't. :/

I feel thinner. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 am
@Suicide Skittle:
Exersize and healthy eating. My thighs are my problem spot. I have pretty thin arms and toned stomach, but can never seem to loose weight on my legs. I would have a great figure if it wasnt for them. I would say Its a pear shape, but I have a rather large bust. sweatdrop  

Unusual gravitons

Suicide Skittle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:24 am
@Scientifically Erotic
Yeah I don't know, I've tried Green Tea, Sweet Tea, Raspberry Tea, Unsweetened Tea, and some other kinds... so far I've only liked this Turkish Tea my mom bought that is like... apple flavored... and that's only because it tastes like apple cider.
biggrin Congrats! It always feels GREAT to feel thinner! I'm glad this hectic time of the year is working in your favor rather than against it! ((Holiday meals D: ))

@Sadistic Optimist

Hmm... D: most girls (Myself included) have the pear shaped body... stupid pears :<
At least if the rest of your body is in shape the only other place fat really CAN be taken from is your thighs... or possibly your bust I suppose... but if everything else is toned there's nowhere else to take it from D:
So hopefully your plan works out. Cardio = Win, luv~

Update on my Diet and Exercise

Okay, so I decided I wanted to start my 'start date' a little later then last Thursday. Instead I'm making my official start date November 12 (So yesterday). Mainly because a day after I started there was a HUGE blizzard and I couldn't really drive in it, let alone jog. AND with that blizzard my family ordered a Pizza... of which I had a couple of slices. So no exercise and pizza? Needless to say I gained a couple of pounds. THEN the day after that the gym was CLOSED because of that blizzard and I couldn't exercise if I wanted to, and I find that my 3 year old sister flooded the bathroom doing who knows what, and my scale died. So I was unable to weigh myself OR exercise. So, because of those setbacks I decided to start at a later date.
((Though I did work today and I ate a subway cookie D;<< DAMN YOU SUBWAY COOKIES AS;DFKJASD I WILL stop eating those things. )) Other than that, the last two days I've kept up with five small meals, and 1 and a half to 2 hours of workout each day. Two days down... 5 months to go?

So~
I weighed myself and I weigh about 7 more lbs than I thought I did... so it's DEFINITELY a good time to work out if I didn't even notice that.
I'm going to try to NOT weigh myself everyday, and instead once a week to update my progress journal and update in this thread. <33

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:30 am
I bounced back!! biggrin
I babysat for my health nut auntie, where there is absolutely no temptation for any sort of junk food, because she doesn't have any!! She called and said i could help myself to any snacks they had (since i had to skip supper >.< damn you, busy schedules!!) so i did a quick search and found myself some yummy-ful sesame seed stick things and some raspberry soy frozen yogurt ^^

Vegan options for desserts are REALLY good.

And, and, and, i'm starting to fit some of my older clothes ^^

FreakingCosmicKid

Etomidate

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 pm

=O

So I guess Ill post my deal here as well:

I have a twin sister, and we cosplay the Hitachiins~ And she weighs 135 or so. And although I am sure no one can tell~ I wouldnt mind being around her weight.
To start~
Im 5'5"
Weight - 145
I would like to get down to at least 130-135 D=
I would like to reach my goal in 2.5 months~ (next show date)

Goal:
More walks/runs
Stop eating when I am bored (this is probably the biggest one)
And do more!
I am a healthy eater usually~ but we all know its gonna take more than that =-=;;

An hey~ good luck to everyone!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:08 pm
K master of flames
I am good according 2 my friends. I am 6'1 I weight about 142. I have the ab lines but I want 2 tone those lines more and actually be more ab like right now it just looks flat with lines on the side where there is suppose 2 be a six pack inside of it. I tried gaining some weight so that I can work it out in2 muscle but my metabolism is 2 fast and I have only gained 5 pounds in the last 3 months. I even ate an entire pizza 4 2 days straight one on Wednesday and the other on Thursday. But it still won't work so I am planning on getting some protein shakes and doing some 50 sit ups every day and maybe some squats. If I don't see any results in a 2 weeks then I will do 100 sit ups and start jogging.

ok so.. your first mistake, fat doesnt turn into muscle or vise versa so your actually going backwards in progress... eating alot of protein though is the right idea. DEFINATLY do more than 50 CRUNCHES!! not sit ups... watch tv or something and id say do roughly 200 a night ( time flys and your abs are the ONLY muscle you can constantly keep working everyday without hurting something.) jogging wont do much if your already toned. your problem isnt the fat its the lack of muscle.  

Archaical

6,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Archaical

6,750 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:23 pm
@suicide skittle:

supposedly we have enough sodium in our bodies already that we actually dont need to add salt to anything. so stay away from salt as much as possible, but if you must sea salt is WAYYY better for you.
bad for you no matter your weight.

@everyone.

sit-ups kinda suck.
i suggest either crunches (laying on the floor and only going halfway to your knees and hold for 3 seconds.)
or chair sit ups ( balance on only your butt on a chair, and touch your body to your knees by bending over AND lifting your legs to meet halfway, dont touch the floor or the chairs back. also its a bit harder but keep your legs straight out and try it.
now doing these will only build muscle but wont burn barely any fat, so CARDIO IS ALWAYS A MUST!!!

chances are if your fat you already have atleast a 4 pack hidden under the fat from having to carry it all the time. so dont worry about toning or muscle mass until you have lost some weight.

heres some cardio exercises you can do!
CARDIO AHOY!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:30 pm
It's actually been proven sit ups are bad for your lower back. Crunches are much better and they work your ab's a lot more. ^_^

@suicide
That tea....Sounds delicious. I think I'll look for it next time I go grocery shopping.

I've planned on only eating a little of holiday meals unless its something special like my step mom's pumpkin rolls. Then I have to eat a bit more then a little. XD But I won't over indulge to much while I still keep up my exercise.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Stegsie

Tiny Friend

12,600 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:16 pm
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

@Suicide Skittle ~ Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

I will add squats to my workout routine as well. =3 Er, I'm not really fit at all, I just happen to not weigh a lot. >.>; There's a little difference between the two terms. And the shrinking of the girls is more of a pipe dream, to be honest.... XD

And oats are good too? I must get some to sprinkle on things.

My dad's going to take me shopping for some foods when he picks me up to go home. I think we have some Bocca burgers in our freezer, I'll mash them up and make a yummy stir fry. =D My vegetarianism is new to my parents. It was difficult over Thanksgiving break, especially with Thanksgiving dinner where we eat at a restaurant. They only had one veggie option, which wasn't even listed on the menu.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:50 pm
@Suicide Skittle:

I actually haven't even gotten my permit yet......I turn 18 in February. xD;;; I honestly just have no motivation to get it. Plus it's not like either of my parents would let me borrow the car or truck.

My mom had my dad get a bunch of Special K stuff seeing as half of it is under 200 calories per serving. Plus, it's all portable which helps at school.

I'm hoping I won't. I it gets everywhere seeing as people in my class are morons and can't keep it on a table. xD

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

Son Goshi-kun

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:54 pm
This up coming year is the first time that I'll be cosplaying as a girl (Ollette from KH2 and Maya from Phoenix Wright), so my clothes are going to be tigher than usual.

I'm not heavy, but I have let myself go a bit since I got into college and I don't excercise like I used to. I really just want to redevelop my muscles (especially my abs)

-I've been trying to cut back on pop (the problem is that drinking a few glasses of water or juice per day makes me sick... yeah, it's sad)
-Next semester, I'll be going to our gym a few times per week to use the machines.
-I also want to start doing the sit-up combo I used to do at dance once daily (I just got to find motivation).

Mostly, I really want my metabolism rate to rise.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:04 pm
I think this thread is a good idea. >.< If I tell people my goals then I'm less likely to just ignore them. XD

I've been trying to cut back on snacks lately. Usually when I come home from school there's nobody at the house, and my mom won't be back for another half hour. So what do I do during that time? I snack. Apples, cookies, hot cocoa, cheesy crackers, whatever's on hand. I'm just a snack addict. So lately I've been limiting myself to one snack a day, and the portions are gradually getting smaller. ^^ With any luck eventually I'll get myself off snacking completely.

Also, I need to drink more water. I've been pretty dehydrated recently. x-x  

Sweet Trixie

FreakingCosmicKid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 pm
Why is it exactly when i'm trying to get fit, my mom buys all the junk food?! D<

She bought Caramilk icecream, chocolate milk mix, sprite, and to add onto all that, advent calendars. Not to mention we'll be making lefse, which is a traditional food you cover in butter and sugar.

Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff