Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atlaas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:27 pm
Promitheus Zek
Atlaas
Davin_Nightwind
Wow...And I thought the days of fanboys were long since past...Psychotic, you need to calm the hell down. It's just a console, not a pacemaker or something like that that's vital to life. Besides, you're giving gamers everywhere a bad name when you tear into someone like that just for mentioning a new game.

You need to realize, there's plenty of good games for other systems besides the SNES. I should know, I've been there since the NES, and have all of the Nintendo systems, plus a PS2 and 360. There's games I have on all of them that I enjoy, and yes, that includes the 360. Granted, I hate graphics gamers just as much, but at least I know when to keep my mouth shut, and when I do say something, it's civil.

And this is coming from the guy that thought the best Final Fantasies were before VII, and not including VII, and has a certain weakness for IV.
I like old games more, and I still think the entire final fantasy series was s**t aside from Tactics.

Garek: But the graphics for both suck. gonk
I like modern graphics, just not 3D ones.
People look so stiff in current games, and they just move so horribly. gonk
I like me some nice, crisp, colourful pixel graphics.

But I get your sarcasm.

i to like the ff games all except tactics and im not into graphics lol like katamary damacy and i still play my old ff game son the snez there still fun lol
You misunderstood me.
I said the only one I like is Tactics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm
Atlaas
Promitheus Zek
Atlaas
Davin_Nightwind
Wow...And I thought the days of fanboys were long since past...Psychotic, you need to calm the hell down. It's just a console, not a pacemaker or something like that that's vital to life. Besides, you're giving gamers everywhere a bad name when you tear into someone like that just for mentioning a new game.

You need to realize, there's plenty of good games for other systems besides the SNES. I should know, I've been there since the NES, and have all of the Nintendo systems, plus a PS2 and 360. There's games I have on all of them that I enjoy, and yes, that includes the 360. Granted, I hate graphics gamers just as much, but at least I know when to keep my mouth shut, and when I do say something, it's civil.

And this is coming from the guy that thought the best Final Fantasies were before VII, and not including VII, and has a certain weakness for IV.
I like old games more, and I still think the entire final fantasy series was s**t aside from Tactics.

But I get your sarcasm.

i to like the ff games all except tactics and im not into graphics lol like katamary damacy and i still play my old ff game son the snez there still fun lol
You misunderstood me.
I said the only one I like is Tactics.

i did not write all of it >< i clicked submit right away sowy the first ff game i played was tactic my ex showed me how to play it ><  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:46 pm
Atlaas

But I get your sarcasm.

I like plenty of old games and find myself playing games that are rather old quite often. Though I never really got into the final fantasies....

Also, you may love FMV games! The stiffness of the characters is far superior and more realistic than the stiffness of 3D rendered people. Here, this guy does hilarious commentary throughout this game.
http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/category/phantasmagoria/
Warning, Not Safe For Work, there are adult-ish scenes later on. (Nothing graphic, but obviously not hiding anything. It's the equivalent of a sex scene on TV if I remember right, but probably takes it far enough to be removed. You may see it on European TV though...) Strong language at times. Definitely some gore, but that's much later.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 pm
Garek Maxwell
Atlaas

But I get your sarcasm.

I like plenty of old games and find myself playing games that are rather old quite often. Though I never really got into the final fantasies....

Also, you may love FMV games! The stiffness of the characters is far superior and more realistic than the stiffness of 3D rendered people. Here, this guy does hilarious commentary throughout this game.
Warning, Not Safe For Work, there are adult-ish scenes later on. (Nothing graphic, but obviously not hiding anything. It's the equivalent of a sex scene on TV if I remember right, but probably takes it far enough to be removed. You may see it on European TV though...) Strong language at times. Definitely some gore, but that's much later.
Final Fantasy games were always too much no strategy/button spam. So boring.

If this is what I think it is, I am not interested. xp

Atlaas

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 pm
Atlaas
Garek Maxwell
Atlaas

But I get your sarcasm.

wait is this the ..this looks some how familiar ><  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 pm
Promitheus Zek
Atlaas

I got bored for that, and that things didn't change enough between games... Plus, I always stopped playing not long after "getting my freedom to move where I want" point in the games.

And I would be surprised if either of you actually know anything about this. They were pretty much forgotten after they stopped making them. FMV games are games where they filmed scenes and then you basically guide the character around. Some had more or less interractivity.
Most of them fall under these categories:

Dragon's Lair - Press the button at the right moment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Lair

Adventure Games in Lucas Arts style - Rub everything against everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island

Annnd...well, some are just "press button to continue" but those are rare...

One last rare category have actual puzzles in them, like 7th Guest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Guest

They were popular in the 90s because once CDs came out developers realized that they could put a loooot more into CD's than with floppys. It didn't take them long to realize that they could put not just movies into games, but even make entire games of movies! This died out eventually as people got tired of the lack of game play... Honestly, it's a lot like watching a movie. (Often how they were advertised as. You could finally be a part of the movie.)

If you want just a quick preview of what these sorts of games are without the warning, then here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAD68DB_g0&feature=related
Night Trap, a very infamous FMV game...

Now if you want something a lot more funny but a lot more strong language from commentary, thennn....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U78S0-NHTKU
You can start here on this.

If the commentary from the guy seems familiar though, I think he modeled it after Mystery Science Theatre 3000...I think that's the right title anyway...  

Garek Maxwell

Atlaas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm
Garek Maxwell
And I would be surprised if either of you actually know anything about this.
This is your problem, and why I'm very much not all that fond of you.
(If you haven't figured that out already.)
You seem to assume everyone other than you has no knowledge of anything, and that you need to teach them.
You're not special, and not everyone was born yesterday, thank you very much.

And EVERYONE knows about those!
Who hasn't heard of Dragon's Lair, really?
This IS exactly what I thought it was.
I remember one with a car. Can't remember the exact name of it though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm
Garek Maxwell
Promitheus Zek
Atlaas

I got bored for that, and that things didn't change enough between games... Plus, I always stopped playing not long after "getting my freedom to move where I want" point in the games.

And I would be surprised if either of you actually know anything about this. They were pretty much forgotten after they stopped making them. FMV games are games where they filmed scenes and then you basically guide the character around. Some had more or less interractivity.
Most of them fall under these categories:

Dragon's Lair - Press the button at the right moment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon's_Lair

Adventure Games in Lucas Arts style - Rub everything against everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island

Annnd...well, some are just "press button to continue" but those are rare...

One last rare category have actual puzzles in them, like 7th Guest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Guest

They were popular in the 90s because once CDs came out developers realized that they could put a loooot more into CD's than with floppys. It didn't take them long to realize that they could put not just movies into games, but even make entire games of movies! This died out eventually as people got tired of the lack of game play... Honestly, it's a lot like watching a movie. (Often how they were advertised as. You could finally be a part of the movie.)

If you want just a quick preview of what these sorts of games are without the warning, then here's a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLAD68DB_g0&feature=related
Night Trap, a very infamous FMV game...

Now if you want something a lot more funny but a lot more strong language from commentary, thennn....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U78S0-NHTKU
You can start here on this.

If the commentary from the guy seems familiar though, I think he modeled it after Mystery Science Theatre 3000...I think that's the right title anyway...

yes it felt something like that ><  

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:13 pm
Atlaas
You seem to assume everyone other then you has no knowledge of anything, and that you need to teach them.

Not everyone knows everything. I didn't know a thing about these sorts of games, yet I grew up at the right time to experience them. I even owned one of them, but I had LONG forgotten COMPLETELY about them. Much like pretty much everyone else. You pretty much have to introduce them from the ground up to for many people.

Atlaas
You're not special, and not everyone was born yesterday, thank you very much.

OMG, I know about things like old games, some European history, and arts and architecture. Anyone who doesn't know anything about these things are clearly idiots and are worthless to me and everyone else! Especially if they don't know about the Byzantine Empire! If you don't know enough about it, then you're dead to me. DEAD.

Atlaas
And EVERYONE knows about those!

Except for those who forgot, didn't grow up in the right place (like the US), didn't grow up in the right time period, didn't play games until recent, didn't ...

Atlaas
Who hasn't heard of Dragon's Lair, really?

I had no idea what the name of that game was for a long time. In addition, it's a rather old game as far as I'm aware. So, not everyone knows about it (see above).

Atlaas
This IS exactly what I thought it was.

Hurray, then you didn't need the large explanation that I gave in case you didn't know.

Atlaas
I remember one with a car. Can't remember the exact name of it though.

Clearly you don't know your history as perfectly as I would demand. Again, DEAD TO ME. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 pm
1: I wasn't really born in the right time. I mean I was born in it, but it kind of takes you a few years before you can start getting involved in things.
And yet somehow I still knew about them.

2: How is that relevant to what you quoted?
Aside from that. I like history, plan to major in it when I can get into a university.
Would like to teach it.
I very much specialize in individual people, and criminal history though.

3: Dragon's Lair was Don ******** Bluth, how can anyone forget that.
Of course it's old, but it's DON BLUTH.
Everyone knows about Don Bluth!

4: Assuming I wouldn't in the first place is an enough of an insult.

5: Obscure video games from 20 years ago. Because everyone knows them exactly. dramallama
You forgot the name of Dragon's Lair for christ sake.
You've got nothing on me. talk2hand

Also, people who have never played these have probably at least heard of them because:

1: Dragon's Lair was heavily referenced in the first Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants movie.
2: AVGN had an episode specifically about these kinds of games.

Atlaas

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:45 pm
Atlaas
And yet somehow I still knew about them.

I think you said it best:

Atlaas
You're not special,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atlaas
2: How is that relevant to what you quoted?

EVERYTHING IS RELAVENT TO ME. I will write paragraphs of pointless information on the most mundane and pointless things! And don't you forget it! scream

Atlaas
3: Dragon's Lair was Don ******** Bluth, how can anyone forget that.
Of course it's old, but it's DON BLUTH.
Everyone knows about Don Bluth!

Don Blue? Don Bluestone? Donnie and Marie? What are you talking about? I don't have time for these things!

Atlaas
4: Assuming I wouldn't in the first place is an enough of an insult.

Don't look at the invisible text then: I think you may not know a lot of things, just like me and everyone else. Shocker!

Atlaas
5: Obscure video games from 20 years ago. Because everyone knows them exactly. dramallama
You forgot the name of Dragon's Lair for christ sake.
You've got nothing on me. talk2hand

If it's not WoW, I don't know about it. Everyone knows about Warcraft anyway. No one cares about these other crappy games. blaugh

Atlaas
1: Dragon's Lair was heavily referenced in the first Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants movie.

I never saw that movie because it didn't have enough explosions or ABBA. Now Mamma Mia? That was a good movie.

Atlaas
2: AVGN had an episode specifically about these kinds of games.

AVG? My virus scanner don't know 'bout no dragons and lairs.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:56 pm
Garek Maxwell

EVERYTHING IS RELAVENT TO ME. I will write paragraphs of pointless information on the most mundane and pointless things! And don't you forget it!
Yes. All those points that you could sum up in far, faaaaar less words.

Garek Maxwell

Don Blue? Don Bluestone? Donnie and Marie? What are you talking about? I don't have time for these things!
You best be joking.

Garek Maxwell

I never saw that movie because it didn't have enough explosions or ABBA. Now Mamma Mia? That was a good movie.
Of course it was, it had Meryl Streep in it.

Atlaas

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:09 pm
Atlaas
You best be joking.

Madam, I don't joke about strangers I don't know anything about. I can assure you, Donnie Darko means nothing to me and his friend Marie mean nothing to me no matter how much level design they did. I know, I know, menus and the user inter-whatchamacallit are important, but I'm not really one to pay attention to those things.

Besides, it's really about massive teams of peons working under a cold corporate subsidiary of a larger less known group like Bertelsmann AG (Wiki'd!) or something evil sounding like that.

Atlaas
Of course it was, it had Meryl Streep in it.

Who? It had JAMES BOND in it! Not some person named after a street or sheep or whatever. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 pm
You're really not joking? Don Bluth did the animation for it, and made many, many amazing animated films.

The Secret of Nimh, An American Tail, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Rock-A-Doodle, Anastasia? These ringing any bells? gonk

Sean Connery wasn't in it!
Sean Connery is the only Bond. mad

Actually I like Pierce Brosnan.
And his singing on S.O.S. redface
S.O.S is one of my favourite ABBA songs.

Atlaas

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:32 pm
Atlaas
You're really not joking? Don Bluth did the animation for it, and made many, many amazing animated films.

The Secret of Nimh, An American Tail, All Dogs Go to Heaven, Rock-A-Doodle, Anastasia? These ringing any bells? gonk

As one of the greatest furries in the world, I can tell you right now that I have never seen any of those films.

Actually, I may have seen Rock-my-doodle, but I don't remember much of anything from it so I was probably too young. The rest I saw probably maybe a few minutes of maybe, max .

Atlaas
S.O.S is one of my favourite ABBA songs.

Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen, and Waterloo for me. Though I haven't listened to all their songs.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff