Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drixer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm
mental_suicide
Siefren
can you please tell me why people try to make beyblade out to be some sort of Yaoi? it is not a yaoi at all, have any of you seen the Manga version? that would sum things up for you.

*takes out chainsaw* DIE!!!!!!!!! *insert more n00bish reactions

*cough* Sorry about that. I just...really REALLY LOATHE it when people use the MANGA as an EXCUSE.

Do you know how many times I heard "OMG Kai, Takao, and Ray r lyk STRAIT because dey hav KIDZ and LOL!"??? LIKE A MILLION AND ONE!

Look, just because something is canon doesn't mean it can't be twisted. Yamato/Sora is canon in Digimon...people like Taichi/Yamato anyway. Usagi/Momo is canon in Sailormoon...people like Usagi/Rei anyway. Point? CANON IS OBSOLETE.

Anyways, TyKa is officially recognized and somewhat canon. Tyka = YAOI. Get it? Got it? Good.

[[Sorry that I sounded so mean...it's just that it really irritates me when canon in the manga is mentioned to disprove yaoi ._.;;;]]

Too true. Yay for yer explanation. w0000t.
Plus, look at all the fricken hints!! XP  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:12 pm
Hints of what? i respect all of your views but it really irratates me when people turn a straight cartoon into a bi or homosexual cartoon, no offence but thats just my views on it.  

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:01 pm
None of the bladers have definite sexualities. And considering their ages things can go any way for them. Most people are not solelyhomosexual or heterosexual, they are primarily one sexuality, but with varying degrees of the other. Just because it's deemed normal by society for people to be mostly heterosexual doesn't mean that television characters are all heterosexual. There are really no absolute pairings in the anime and manga, they are merely implied and open for the viewer's interpertation. Sure there are officially recognised pairings, but that's really as far as it goes.

It's not like all yaoi fans turn the whole cast gay. @_@ Dearl lord, no. We all have het pairings that we favour. It's mostly that with Beyblade there are significantly more males than females and since people are so obsessed with having pairings many more readily see yaoi. It's the same thing with Yu-Gi-Oh. And this can also work in reverse as well. If a show has a high ammount of female characters yrui starts popping up more, such as in Sailor Moon and Love Hina.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:13 pm
Siefren
Hints of what? i respect all of your views but it really irratates me when people turn a straight cartoon into a bi or homosexual cartoon, no offence but thats just my views on it.

Why do you call this a STRAIGHT cartoon? x.x;; What makes it as such? A cartoon CAN'T have a sexual orientation! Even yaoi animes have het couples in it (FAKE has the kawaii Bikky and Carol and Gravitation has K and his wife).

Hints depend on the viewer, really. TyKa fans are more likely to see TyKa and YuKa fans are more likely to see YuKa. Blah, blah, blah. I don't believe in hints.

Why does it irritate you so much? Are you against homosexuality or what? Do you just think of yaoi fans as 'sick minded' people? It shouldn't really matter to you what a person chooses to like. You like your own thing, we like ours. That's life.  

Starkhaven
Vice Captain

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:35 pm
Well, i can clearly state i dont support homosexuality, because of Contry and biblical morals, my mind set is that most people in the anime and manga really dont like male or female, within some it is clearly stated that so and so likes this and that, you know what i mean, Yugi likes Anzu in the manga and Yugi likes Te'a in the Anime, Anzu and Te'a are the same person for people who havent seen the yugioh manga. but most relivenly, most Manga characters are straight, Anime really doesnt focus around a sexuality, but most seem to either be more straight or hates everyone. ^_^ i've actualy sumed up many Anime and mangas. *LOL*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:42 pm
Anzu is her Japanese name, not just her "manga name". I used to be a Yu-Gi-OH addict.

You also have to remember that the Japanese view on sexuality is different than a western view. I assure you that the Japanese yaoi fandom for Beyblade is larger than the English one. And regardless to if an anime focuses on sexuality or not, the fandom will.

And just because someone's "straight" doesn't mean they can't fall for a mamber of the same sex. Sexuality's really a wacky thing. It's not as clean and tidy as everyone thinks. Fascinating subject to read up on. Certainly gives you a different perspective on everything.  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Mr. Jensen
Crew

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:57 pm
SUPER AWESOME NEE-CHAN =D
It's not like all yaoi fans turn the whole cast gay. @_@ Dear lord, no. We all have het pairings that we favour.

YAH! Like MariamxMax! ^O^ heart

Aaanyway, me = agree with everyone else =D *ish to lazy to type other stuffs*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:57 pm
i highly doubt that japan actually have a BeyBlade yaoi fanfiction site or anything of the sort. Japan has been westernized and thats how the homosexuality of japan came to be. It used to be one of the most highly Anti-homosexual life style than the U.S. but it still is more toward the hetorosexual life style than america. the history of japan is an interesting thing to study up on.  

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

Starkhaven
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:06 am
This is NOT something I want to see after a huge fight with Rei/Mao fans.

But I suppose I need to debate my way into making it clear.

EVERYTHING is going to be more prone to heterosexuality. EVERYTHING. Only like...10% or something of society is actually homosexual...or something. I can't remember. Anyways, heterosexuality dominates and it probably always will. Animal instinct to reproduce or whatever.

There used to be a Beyblade fanart site up...FILLED with links to Japanese fanart websites. You know what? All of the couple sites there were...YAOI. So yes, they DO have something of the sort.

So...the fact that Japan has been westernized suddenly made Japan realize that homosexuality was right? No, I don't think so. America is freaking homophobic. Hate crimes happen ALL the time in the US. I'm not in Japan, so I can't really say anything about them.

And just because you are into "Biblical morals" doesn't automatically clear your name. I know TONNES of people who are Christian and yet they either ARE homo/bisexual or they support it. Religion shouldn't dictate your own personal beliefs anyway. Besides, the Bible doesn't STATE that homosexuality is wrong. Mistranslations, dear.

I hate that I seem so condescending, but yaoi is there and will always be there. Just like hate crimes are freaking useless because homosexuality will ALWAYS be there.

*stabs self repeatedly in the head*

Sorry ;.; I sound like an arsehole! *cries*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:48 am
Err... The Japanese (before western influence) viewed love between men to be the purest form of love. It was generally referred to as shouda back then and was basically the same to the Ancient Greek's pederasty. Shouda was most popular during medieval times among the samurai.

It was the Western and in particular Christain influence that made homosexuality unacceptable in the Japanese culture. Christianity ******** up things for homosexuals everywhere actually... =/

Taken right from wikipedia in the article titled "homosxuality in Japan"
Quote:
While homosexuality has never been viewed as a sin in Japanese society and religion, and there is no specific legal prohibition, western religious thought and a desire to appear "civilized" have historically influenced the way that homosexuality has been viewed both by the Japanese government and by the population at large.

And regarding the Japanese fandom. They're far better than our English fandom. However, it focuses more on fanart than fan fiction. Kai/Rei being the most popular there. As Ja said, they have well-organised listings to fansites. And not just a few, TONNES.  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:36 pm
well, the samuri beliefes stated that if you were homosexual, that you would be put to death and burnt, they focused highly on the issue of homosexuality and its punishment was high. Also, if you wernt married and wanted to be a samuri, you would have to become a unick, or how ever the Testicaless man thing is spelled, and concidered nameless and just a man sent to kill; this was the earlyist samuri beliefes. also, if you were a Samuri and were married they wanted you to have atlest one son to carry on the family. and yes the bible does talk about homosexuality and how it is an abomination. and God, being Jesus, would not let man change the bible due to their on sin nature. there is a higher power that speaks through man. but lets not get in to a debate about these things. i have my beliefes and my morals and you have yours. if you dont criticize me i wont criticize you and your beliefes, i was just voiceing my openion, sorry if it offended any of you, So would you all like to call a trouse about this?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:20 pm
Yes stop arguing or whatever you where doing, theres no point.

:\

Mr. Jensen
Crew

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Drixer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:53 pm
YESH. We have opinions here. And we have opinions there. I ish getting a headache... gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:18 pm
It's spelled truce, luv. And yes, this is not the place to debate.

And just... watch what you say. I am a lesbian and will have no 'gay bashing' in this guild. =/ I respect that you don't care for my lifestyle choice but as long as that opinion is not pushed in my face I see no reason for us to not get along. ^^ some of my friends are homophobic ._O and Christain... It's good they don't know yet...

I make a waver that these debate posts are just removed, seeing as they have no relevance to the thread really. I'll clean out the other thread as well. @_@  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Siefren

Deadly Zealot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:35 pm
hey, guess what? i just got the beyblade movie this day, and it is amazing! ^_^  
Beyblade Association

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff