Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]
Belly Dance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:29 pm
The_Pathan
Guys sorry if i interrupt lol But isen't this haram?

no it is not haram.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 pm
The_Pathan

no not at all sweety, whats haram is the traditional belly dance outfit (the bra and skirt one) that one is even haram to wear infrom of women (but not ur husband wink ) and all out fits can be modified to meet muslim standards so it fine blaugh  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:47 pm
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan

no not at all sweety, whats haram is the traditional belly dance outfit (the bra and skirt one) that one is even haram to wear infrom of women (but not ur husband wink ) and all out fits can be modified to meet muslim standards so it fine blaugh

would you recommend belly dancing in a abaya?? lol rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:56 pm
Celestial_Mana
@Fish: How would you describe your style of belly dance and how do you feel about American Tribal. Alot of people seem to be into it...I only like the idea of using non-traditional music. Creates a challenge I suppose.

my style of belly dance is the traditional egyptian one its not like all swaying and stuff
the music is how can say this ummmm country u could say but egyptian country

see the first vid I posted about belly dance, that music is that one I dance to, and its also close to how I dance (but I utilize my physical talents more while dancing if u know what I mean looool she was much flater than me in many ways xd )

its the real egyptian music the music that is used by foreigners in general I believe is mostly swaying and much calmer than the music I dance to, the dancing most are though is very snake like while egyptian is how good u shake us hips and body parts its much more sexy, I used to dance anywhere there is music but ever since the first time my fiance saw me dance, I wasn't allowed to dance anywhere with men there anymore crying

and dont realy know how tribal dancing is so I cant really comment sweatdrop

and I think dancing in general is not restricted to certain types of music dancing is expressing urself as long as u like the music that all that matters 3nodding  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan

the abaya is only in saudi and if u dance in public god ur in so much trouble eek (if ur a girl)

but if no one is looking and there is good music on I dance and dont give a s**t xd

and u only wear the abaya in public I take it off once Im inside be it my house or other ppl's houses wink  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:04 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan

the abaya is only in saudi and if u dance in public god ur in so much trouble eek (if ur a girl)

but if no one is looking and there is good music on I dance and dont give a s**t xd

and u only wear the abaya in public I take it off once Im inside be it my house or other ppl's houses wink

uh huh.. the abaya isn't only in Saudi.. its here as well.. its just not mandatory  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:15 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan

uh huh.. the abaya isn't only in Saudi.. its here as well.. its just not mandatory

no I was talking about it being mandatory the abaya is every were there alot of different versions of it, in jordan they have one similar to an abaya its called a gelbaba

but I "think" its mandatory in Persia confused  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:29 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
The_Pathan

no I was talking about it being mandatory the abaya is every were there alot of different versions of it, in jordan they have one similar to an abaya its called a gelbaba

Jilbab? Is that what you mean?

and no its not mandatory in Persia, in fact the hijab itself had changed drastically.. its not even a full hijab.  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:37 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki

hijab is not one particular piece of clothing its only guide lines
if u follow them ur fine
some like wearing the jilbab or an abayah but u dont have to islam never said we have to
and no its not mandatory in Persia, in fact the hijab itself had changed drastically.. its not even a full hijab.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki

if u follow them ur fine
some like wearing the jilbab or an abayah but u dont have to islam never said we have to
and no its not mandatory in Persia, in fact the hijab itself had changed
drastically.. its not even a full hijab.

Yeah I know that .. by hijab I meant the head piece sorry.. here in America we refer to the head piece as the hijab but I know that it meant the Islamic dress.. I should've said Khimar.. but that is what I meant the Khimar isn't the same over there its like a long dupatta but its half of a dupatta.. its really thin.. not even covering the whole head.. they refer to it as the "new hijab" but I think that now police are cracking down on it  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:48 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki

if u follow them ur fine

hejab is not one piece of clothing
its guide lines if u flow it ur fine
and some ppl like wearing the jilbab and some lik the abaya and some want to wear normal cloths

Yeah I know that .. by hijab I meant the head piece sorry.. here in America we refer to the head piece as the hijab but I know that it meant the Islamic dress.. I should've said Khimar.. but that is what I meant the Khimar isn't the same over there its like a long dupatta but its half of a dupatta.. its really thin.. not even covering the whole head.. they refer to it as the "new hijab" but I think that now police are cracking down on it

yeah we also refer to the head cover as hijab
and i like it, it has alot of different styles and worn in many ways and still follow islamic guide lines
and for us the kimar is the piece that covers the face its short it stops at the shoulder, I cant realy imagine the one ur talking about sweatdrop

but as long as it cover the hair and neck its fine (not considering the cloths)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki

if u follow them ur fine

hejab is not one piece of clothing
its guide lines if u flow it ur fine
and some ppl like wearing the jilbab and some lik the abaya and some want to wear normal cloths

yeah we also refer to the head cover as hijab
and i like it, it has alot of different styles and worn in many ways and still follow islamic guide lines
and for us the kimar is the piece that covers the face its short it stops at the shoulder, I cant realy imagine the one ur talking about sweatdrop

but as long as it cover the hair and neck its fine (not considering the cloths)

I know.. but I thought that was called the niqab hijab..
but .. look for your self this is what I was talking about and there is an artice that goes with it.. its called the "new hijab" link below

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://shahrzaad.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/hijab2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://shahrzaad.wordpress.com/2007/11/03/the-new-hijab-in-iran/&usg=__8YdaWssXo-BGCxTD4ZDBCGjXD6I=&h=377&w=500&sz=140&hl=en&start=1&sig2=EYLKs1fpJYT7Cb9lfN4lFg&um=1&tbnid=sTfGfvHUKMOvXM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=130&prev=/images?q=New+Iranian+hijab&hl=en&sa=N&um=1&ei=DRI8S-qhCZbUlQeH2YCtBw  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:56 pm
Also, is Iraqi belly dancing similar to Egyptian belly dancing??

here is ther Iraqi style of belly dancing and it looks like Egyptian style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHUermx7tw  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 pm
And how come the African countries style of Belly dancing is the hardest?? lol  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Also, is Iraqi belly dancing similar to Egyptian belly dancing??

here is ther Iraqi style of belly dancing and it looks like Egyptian style.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHUermx7tw

thats not iraqi thats egyptian iraqi's dont have belly dance they dance similar to saudi's

she dances exactly like me blaugh  
Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces