Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is it Harem to watch... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:54 am
Watching at a girl dancing is haram.

And what the actors do is also haram.

So, watching it = haram.

But to close eyes all the way, i guess that's allowed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm
The_Pathan
Watching at a girl dancing is haram.

And what the actors do is also haram.

So, watching it = haram.

But to close eyes all the way, i guess that's allowed.

you dont understand what i meant by closing eyes and ears do y?  

HollywoodNobody

1,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:38 am
I wasen't talking with u, lolz razz

But i agree of ur post anyways. But u still should follow the rules of islam smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:51 am
I don't think that watching something makes you want to copy it. I mean kids watch Tom and Jerry a lot that won't mean that the kid is going to shoot, choke, or drown the nearest person.

There are two sides to every coin. You need to know that before you pass judgment on anything. I mean if what you say is true then internet is also haram because it subjects others to things that are far worse than cartoons.

I don't think watching is haram. You just have to be open minded and know what's right and what's wrong, no matter what you watch.  

lil_tulip

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 am
lil_tulip
I don't think that watching something makes you want to copy it. I mean kids watch Tom and Jerry a lot that won't mean that the kid is going to shoot, choke, or drown the nearest person.

There are two sides to every coin. You need to know that before you pass judgment on anything. I mean if what you say is true then internet is also haram because it subjects others to things that are far worse than cartoons.

I don't think watching is haram. You just have to be open minded and know what's right and what's wrong, no matter what you watch.

I agree with u on every thing other than the part about the kids.

I once my 3year old sister about to hit the thumb of my other 3year old cousin with a hammer so they can see it get all big and red then go back to normal like they saw on tom and jerry.
and my friends little brother tried jumping out of a window after buying a superman costume cuz he though that cape would make him fly like superman.

kids are called kids for a reason they see some thing they wana do it they dont know it might break there hand or kill them!!! confused  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:03 am
Allah protects them wink

But yah, there is a reason why there are age rules on some stuff 3nodding

Like +7, +13, +15, +18, and stuff razz

It is not Tom and Jerry's foult that they were about to hit their thumb with a hammer. It was the person who gave the 3 year old kids the hammer wink  

The_Pathan
Captain

lil_tulip

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am
The_Pathan
It is not Tom and Jerry's foult that they were about to hit their thumb with a hammer. It was the person who gave the 3 year old kids the hammer wink

Smart answer!

So what your saying is that it is the responsibility of a third party to control what the second party watches. That's exactly what I'm saying.

And by control I don't mean by force but by showing that person, logically, why it's wrong to watch such things. Because, as we all know, anything forbidden presents a temptation.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:34 am
Exactly 3nodding  

The_Pathan
Captain

II J3N II

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:04 pm
I don't watch tv at all. I just read and if I do watch its on anime on my laptop.__. Harmless romance. Of course it's haram to watch something thats dirty and pointless, but if it's something that has a good moral to it? In my opinion, idk for sure cause I haven't really asked my mother about this, but I think it's okay if the moral is good.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 pm
II J3N II
I don't watch tv at all. I just read and if I do watch its on anime on my laptop.__. Harmless romance. Of course it's haram to watch something thats dirty and pointless, but if it's something that has a good moral to it? In my opinion, idk for sure cause I haven't really asked my mother about this, but I think it's okay if the moral is good.

Same here... and when I do watch T.V.. its only snippets of stuff.. like I put on the T.V just to have noise in the house because I dont like it to be to quiet.. and besides. nothing is really on television anyways... its all a bunch of junk  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 pm
I've heard that it's best to watch very little TV & to avoid what is haram (ex: nudity, drug use, etc). As long as you don't do it excessively, it's not terribly bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:51 am
Looking at people using drug is not bad, is it? U just see how stupid kufars can be.

I don't watch much TV, simply cuz I'm bussy with other things.  

The_Pathan
Captain

II J3N II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
II J3N II

Same here... and when I do watch T.V.. its only snippets of stuff.. like I put on the T.V just to have noise in the house because I dont like it to be to quiet.. and besides. nothing is really on television anyways... its all a bunch of junk

Exactly!? To be honest all shows are the same in my opinion. Disney.. Nickelodeon.. whatever other shows they have it's all about romance and love and drama that I see everyday at school -_-  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:17 pm
The_Pathan
Looking at people using drug is not bad, is it? U just see how stupid kufars can be.

I don't watch much TV, simply cuz I'm bussy with other things.

To some people, watching drug use influences them to want to do drugs...but it depends on the person. I don't think watching drug use is forbidden, but it's looked down upon since it's a very bad thing.  

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:12 am
Education in drugs is not bad.

You just learn how bad it is, right? =)

Not many people would use drugs if they see someone taking drugs, and sleeping on the streets.

If sum1 has friends who tell them to use it, they may take it. (i spoke with some guys who have been dependent on drugs, weed ect.).

No one think it's good, and if u know it, then u wont use it.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff