Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

crule?
  yes
View Results

Wattyuruki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:49 am
Wow... I never knew this was what happened at farms. That's wrong, really, really wrong. Animals shouldn't be treated this way. It's worse than inhumane. It's just plain sick! *shudder*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:29 am
It's not like the animals are actually given a choice to be experimented on or not ascher  

Ilassa

Ascher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:42 am
Ilassa
It's not like the animals are actually given a choice to be experimented on or not ascher

That is completely true, animals are not given the choice, and according to basic psychology, all living things on the earth regardless of how big or small seek to avoid pain, however it is not as if scientists go out and just capture animals left and right. The animals used in tests are specifically bred for the purpose of being experimented upon.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:46 am
Ascher
Ilassa

That is completely true, animals are not given the choice, and according to basic psychology, all living things on the earth regardless of how big or small seek to avoid pain, however it is not at is scientists go out and just capture animals left and right. The animals used in tests are specifically bred for the purpose of being experimented upon.

Kind of off topic, but there are plenty of living things that cannot feel pain.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Ilassa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:46 am
I've seen some pretty sick things in my time for example a mokey on whos eyes had been sown shut jjust to see what would happen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:29 pm
I love animals, but i also love me a steak, I even buy leather. But The reason I do that is so that parts of the animal don't go to waste. Cows now adays have been bred to the point where if we released theminto the wild they'd die. They're part of hundreds of generations of Breeding to be food. at this point in time for most farm animals, it would be crueler to LEt them loose than to continue on using them for food. I'm not condoning any type of Physical pain/atrocities I'm just pointing out that our food source has been bred to be just that. PETA in my opinion are fools, WE can't eliminate animals from our diet as a species, it just wouldn't be practical. WE need some of the amino acids that the meat provides for us. And The warmth that my leather coat provides is far better than the skin that was taken off of the cow that my steak was made out of just being tossed aside.

Khemet is the Ancient Name of Egypt, they used to Worship cats, Because one of their gods was Bast. The cat goddess.

I think every animal has it's place in this world. If one eats meat or wears animal products, They should respect and realize what type of sacrifice is given for one to continue their life. . It's called a Circle. If humans hadn't evolved to this point, PETA would not have the Minds TO Complain about how far we've evolved and the fact that we actually need to farm meat instead of Hunting on our own, if we still did that we'd use all of the animal and not cause it to suffer, because we'd only hunt for nescessity. and sport hunting is a despicable concept,

Name me one case in recent history (post 1970) that was Animal testing just to see how it "Ticked" i would like to see if there are still such pointless tests. I can think of a few conditioning tests that were creul but none in recent years.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:25 pm
Ascher
overcastic
Ascher
Ilassa
Ascher most animal testing isnt about medicines OR cosmetics its about sticking needles into animals just to see how they tick

Actually that is quite untrue
We already know how animals tick due to a process called dissection. Plus I'm in a psychology and a chemistry class, and its been found that rats are actually around 90% of genetic similarity to humans believe it or not, and of course apes and primates being 98% genetically similar. Thus When a medicine is being tested it is presumed to have the same effect on a test animal as it would on a human, and animals are used as a first measure that way should there be a problem with the drug, only a lab rat will be effected rather than a human. And you have to consider that medicinal testing comes in stages, right after a drug has been deemed safe for animal use the next stage is HUMAN testing. Need our scientists stick needles in humans to learn how they tick? no Because Da Vinci found that out for us when he began to perform illegal autopsies.

Scientists already know exactly how animals tick, and it is the exact same reasons humans live too. A beating heart. Lungs to take in oxygen, liver for blood cleaning, a digestive and waste system, kidneys, spine, CNS, DNA, RNA, Gabba, dopamine, various Neurotransmitters, are ALL present in animals as they are in a human.

*takes a bow* Thank you

animal crultey is still worng, i don't care if they are testing for the good of mankind. we can test things on ourselves! why not get a group of humans together and test them? i can assure you that the human group would (even though tested on) would be treated better than the rat group, or primate group.

I am going to pose you two questions before I return to my slumber...
1- From your point of view: Is cruelty to humans not as bad as cruelty to animals? Is a mass genocide in a small uknown country somewhere not as deplorable as killing one rat to save a human life?
and
2- You name for me one person who would willingly volunteer to test a drug that has never been tested before, where even the scientists who made it don't even know the side effects. Would you be willing to be one of those human first generation test subjects?

The whole point in testing on animals is for human safety.

to answer your question...

1. ok....so a genocide is not a good thing i never said it was....your taking what i said out of proportion...i mean that animal crulty is a bad thing....making them suffering then killing them is unneccesary...and crule, and no i do not agree to human genocide, i thknk that is awful and mean and crule to, and i hope it never happends again.

2. i think human testing is ok....as long as they know what they are getting themselves into and it's willing not forced, yes i would volenteer if i knew whaat i was getting myself into.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:56 pm
Danthalas
Typically i tend to place more value on animals than humans...
exactly, i typically tend to care for my animals and neglect my humans blaugh

anyways, that video actually made me cry...i cried so hard... cry

how could people do that?!?!?! what if that were their children? what if that is how humans were treated, oh wait, the holocaust.
but apparently that endless torture means nothing if it's an animal. stare

im never eating meat again... sad  

player122266

Fluff.My.Pillows

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:26 pm
I am against animal cruelty, but I eat meat. Not often, but some of the time.
I purchase cows blood from the butcher shop, rather than get arrested for killing a human. Inhumane killing of animals is terrible, but not all meat is murder. If we were ground up into hamburger meat they'd eat us.
I eat meat once a week. It's hard to be vegetarian, and get enough proteins in your diet. My parents get mad at me and call me a flaming liberal when I tell them i dont' want to eat meat.
I don't eat gelatine, and do not support fur for fashion in any case.
I'd abstain from meat completely if I could maintain a balance of protein in my diet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:45 pm
I hate when people are cruel to animals
the sad part is that we act like animals  

Wat3rM3lon Condom

..Marshmallow.Orgasm..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:52 pm
Personaly, I do not condone animal cruelty, And I'm not saying it right, but think, most animal products are things we could not live with out, I can think of alot off the top of my head, I'm not very practiced at that. But animal cruelty is sickening, to tourture and maime an animal 'Just for the fun of it' or 'To see what it would do' is horrid!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:43 pm
Danthalas
Typically i tend to place more value on animals than humans...
yeah I do the same thing  

xSTHMx

[x] C L I C K !

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:29 pm
I care more about animals then of humans...
And most people don't even realize what these poor animals go through...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:29 pm
I'm not for animal cruelty. I wish things would have stopped advancing a long time ago xp But the further we go in time, the worst things are going to get. I'm still going to eat what I've been eating since I can remember. Meat.  

Zephier

THE_FINAL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:08 pm
That video sickened me so much that I couldn't even finish watching it. To kill an animal like that, they should be put in jail. I wish people like that would suffer and die a very slow death.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff