• Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:57 pm
Rainey_angel81
[-Erik-]
-waves hands vigorously-

HELLO, CAN YOU GUYS SEE ME? gonk

sometimes polls have no relevance to the actual subject of the thread ^.^

Well, I guess I'll retribute that to OP's randomness since there isn't any other explanation I find reasonable : D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:18 pm
MY POLL MAKES NO SENSE FOR THE THREAD! 3nodding  

iPenguin L

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 am
polls are for that ><  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:20 pm
I demand a 80s montage!  

tikiu1221

stickfanatic

Fashionable Streaker

5,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:22 pm
I demand to have pancakes  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:28 pm
stickfanatic
I demand to have pancakes

SANDVICH!

*Om nom nom*  

Davin_Nightwind

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:08 pm
Selene Aries
Pansexual goes beyond bisexual in the sense that it is not about gender. For one, people are not always easily defined as being male or female, not with transgenders and intersex individuals. By saying I am pansexual I am making the point that a person's gender is meaningless to me, that I care more about what kind of person they are. My attraction is not to any specific gender, but personality types.

Well that's what I'm getting at. When people say "Well I'm pansexual, I don't discriminate based on gender. I love everyone no matter what the gender," it ends up sounding a bit pretentious. As if people should just love someone no matter what their gender is, completely ignoring those people who are straight or gay, thus are discriminate on who they love based on gender. And then the pansexual person ends up sounding a bit stuck up. As if they're better than those who only date a certain gender. As if deciding to date only one gender is as bad as descrimination due to color or gender or sexual orientation. The pansexual's attitude seems like "Well I'm better than you because unlike you I don't descriminate due to gender and will love anyone despite what kind of body they have."

As a straight man male genitalia don't attract me. Would that make me less of a person because I only decide to love a person if they have female genitalia? Am I somehow a bad person because, even if I fell in love with a transgendered, I wouldn't want to have sex with them if they still had a p***s? Would I be a horrible person for being reluctant to date someone intersexed unless they identifed as female and had genitals that seemed feminine? Certainly a relationship shouldn't be JUST about sex, but sex is a part of most relationships, and the person you date should be someone you feel comfortable having sex with.

So I'd continue to discriminate due to gender, and only want to date those with girly bits, because that's what I was born to be attracted to.

To me, the term bisexual meant "love any gender", although the term was coined with the assumption there's two distinct genders, and nothing in between. The gblt community coined pansexual to include trans and intersex who may feel excluded by the term BIsexual, although I think the terms are the same and the term pansexual redundant.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:21 pm
I actually 100% agree with you for once, Lee.

Atlaas

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:43 pm
I like the term pansexual because I can call people pans.
I think there's also a mythical satyr named Pan as well.

... Hey, it may come from those guys! ...though I think they raped people mostly. sweatdrop I could be thinking of the ancient greek/roman gods though. xp

I contributed nothing here. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm
Selene Aries
Putting gay and lesbian on the list is kind of redundant. xd

Anyone else find it interesting that there is a separate term homosexual women, but not for men?

In any case, I actually consider myself pansexual.

But they do have a term for homosexual males. It's a derogatory term though. Heh. Also means a cigarette or a bundle of sticks. lol

------------

As for what I am. Bisexual, pansexual, I really don't know... I swing both ways and I'm one to know for someone for their personality more then gender or looks. Although I will admit that there would need to be something I find physically appealing about the other person.  

Zanko-kun

Questionable Prophet

13,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Millionaire 200

Sangaera Shiju

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:13 pm
Zanko-kun
But they do have a term for homosexual males. It's a derogatory term though. Heh. Also means a cigarette or a bundle of sticks. lol

I was under the impression that [bolded words] was the insinuation used in said derogatory term. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Psycho Lee
Selene Aries
Pansexual goes beyond bisexual in the sense that it is not about gender. For one, people are not always easily defined as being male or female, not with transgenders and intersex individuals. By saying I am pansexual I am making the point that a person's gender is meaningless to me, that I care more about what kind of person they are. My attraction is not to any specific gender, but personality types.

Well that's what I'm getting at. When people say "Well I'm pansexual, I don't discriminate based on gender. I love everyone no matter what the gender," it ends up sounding a bit pretentious. As if people should just love someone no matter what their gender is, completely ignoring those people who are straight or gay, thus are discriminate on who they love based on gender. And then the pansexual person ends up sounding a bit stuck up. As if they're better than those who only date a certain gender. As if deciding to date only one gender is as bad as descrimination due to color or gender or sexual orientation. The pansexual's attitude seems like "Well I'm better than you because unlike you I don't descriminate due to gender and will love anyone despite what kind of body they have."

As a straight man male genitalia don't attract me. Would that make me less of a person because I only decide to love a person if they have female genitalia? Am I somehow a bad person because, even if I fell in love with a transgendered, I wouldn't want to have sex with them if they still had a p***s? Would I be a horrible person for being reluctant to date someone intersexed unless they identifed as female and had genitals that seemed feminine? Certainly a relationship shouldn't be JUST about sex, but sex is a part of most relationships, and the person you date should be someone you feel comfortable having sex with.

So I'd continue to discriminate due to gender, and only want to date those with girly bits, because that's what I was born to be attracted to.

To me, the term bisexual meant "love any gender", although the term was coined with the assumption there's two distinct genders, and nothing in between. The gblt community coined pansexual to include trans and intersex who may feel excluded by the term BIsexual, although I think the terms are the same and the term pansexual redundant.

All of that has to do with your own issues and insecurities. rolleyes Like what you like and let other people like what they like. How one chooses to label themselves based on what they like should not bother you.

If someone who says their are pansexual straight up says to you that they are a better person than anyone else for their sexual preference and that others should be more open minded about gender/sex relations should be slapped. Respect is a two way street and if the GBLT community wants respect and acceptance from the straight community than they need to show respect and acceptance to the straight community and each other's sexual preferences.

I do not care what anyone else's sexual preferences are, I know what mine is and am comfortable with it. Other's preferences do not make me feel any less of a person or intimidated.

I honestly believe that those that are comfortable with themselves tend to not feel offended, belittled or awkward about other people's beliefs and preferences. Those that do get negative emotions based on how other people live their lives tend to be those in question about their own and have serious self esteem issues.  

Selene Aries

Jungle Boots

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm
my fav furry drawing is by my good FA friend DrugAddict

and it is in my sig. Bongo the goat!

shhhh dont tell her i stole it for my sig... shhhhhhhhhhhh

btw... i see where lee is having his issues.

but bisexuality does not imply what pansexuality implies. look at the prefixes alone. bi only means two. pan means a unification of collection of all.

therefore straight from the dictionary Bisexual only means you are attracted to the two conventional genders male and female. it does not take into account hermaphrodites, much less transgender, or transsexuals, or even transvestites.

there in stating that a bi sexual might not be attracted to the sexual identity of a transgender or even a cross dresser when a pansexual would, or would at least prefer to look at their personality and judge attraction thusly, rather than hanging on to the aesthetical pleasures of image or body.

pansexual might even inply that they might be attracted to any human being no matter what, overweight, blonde, brunette, bald, small boobs, freakishly dissfigured, what ever.

pansexual implies an attraction that is not determined by any physical preferences.

bisexual implies an attraction that is not determined by gender preferences.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff