Totally Not Sonic Related Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic?!
  <3
  He broke my heart. D=
  I'm not a fan... (******** THAT ******** HEDGEHOG!)
View Results

Evamortte

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Mephisto D
Meta_Fish

Mephisto D
Wait....so Sega actually is doing something I've been asking for?!

Nice.
Sonic Rush?

Nah, I've been asking for a downloadable game in the same light as Bionic Commando Rearmed or Mega Man 9 for the Sonic series and that they should call it Sonic 4.

If they plan to go back to a somewhat return to Sonic's traditional routes with that Genesis charm, I'd be pretty content.
Sonic Rush.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:27 pm
Evamortte
Mephisto D
Meta_Fish

Mephisto D
Wait....so Sega actually is doing something I've been asking for?!

Nice.
Sonic Rush?

Nah, I've been asking for a downloadable game in the same light as Bionic Commando Rearmed or Mega Man 9 for the Sonic series and that they should call it Sonic 4.

If they plan to go back to a somewhat return to Sonic's traditional routes with that Genesis charm, I'd be pretty content.
Sonic Rush.

I don't own a DS, so, either way, Sonic Rush is out of the question and Sonic 4 is more to what I've been asking.  

Mephisto D

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm
So, you guys are being wary of it because it's not using 2D graphics like Mega Man 9 did? That it doesn't look exactly like Sonic 3? Just passing it off as a over-hyped Sonic Rush?

Wow...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Lord of Armageddon
So, you guys are being wary of it because it's not using 2D graphics like Mega Man 9 did? That it doesn't look exactly like Sonic 3? Just passing it off as a over-hyped Sonic Rush?

Wow...
I don't think anyone was complaining about it not using 2D graphics. Although that would sweeten the package for me, I'm not knocking it for using 3D renders. Although now that you mention it...

It's been hyped for six months, and rumored heavily to not even be coming out on the Wii because it's going to be in HD. You can put turd in HD and it's still a turd. It's just not graphically pleasing. After so much hype I want to see something impressive. We saw about four seconds of actual gameplay and somehow it was a disappointment. The running animations even look crappy. For heaven's sakes, the sprites they used in the flashback part were wrong!

tl;dr: Sonic Team can't even get their act together to make a teaser trailer for a game they announced six months ago.

Edit: Sega just put out an announcement that was discussing the running animation, and apparently there is one above it.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:54 pm
Indeed there is.
Source.

SEGA
Coming from a SEGA staffer...

Today we have some good news to bring you guys in regard to Sonic's running animation in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I! Specifically, we wanted to cover a topic that many of you have asked about after seeing the trailer. Q: Is the running animation in the trailer what Sonic's fastest running animation will look like in Sonic the Hedgehog 4? It looks kind of slow, don't you think? A: Actually, it is not his fastest speed! There is a faster animation for Sonic's running that was not shown in the trailer, and is more akin to what you might be familiar seeing from Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Sonic CD. So there you have it! We'll get to show you guys firsthand what that running animation looks like in the future - but until then, rest assured that there's a lot more to the game than what you saw in the trailer: running animations included.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:55 pm
Meta_Fish
Lord of Armageddon

Wow...
I don't think anyone was complaining about it not using 2D graphics. Although that would sweeten the package for me, I'm not knocking it for using 3D renders. Although now that you mention it...

It's been hyped for six months, and rumored heavily to not even be coming out on the Wii because it's going to be in HD. You can put turd in HD and it's still a turd. It's just not graphically pleasing. After so much hype I want to see something impressive. We saw about four seconds of actual gameplay and somehow it was a disappointment. The running animations even look crappy. For heaven's sakes, the sprites they used in the flashback part were wrong!

tl;dr: Sonic Team can't even get their act together to make a teaser trailer for a game they announced six months ago.

Edit: Sega just put out an announcement that was discussing the running animation, and apparently there is one above it.

Keep in mind it's just a teaser trailer. It might not going to look exactly like what the 5 seconds of gameplay footage showed. They still have plenty of time to fix up the running animations and trim the rough edges, so to speak.

And the sprites for the flashback part didn't look wrong to me.  

Sir Codin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:13 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Meta_Fish
Lord of Armageddon

Wow...

Keep in mind it's just a teaser trailer. It might not going to look exactly like what the 5 seconds of gameplay footage showed. They still have plenty of time to fix up the running animations and trim the rough edges, so to speak.

And the sprites for the flashback part didn't look wrong to me.
User Image
Keep in mind it's a Sonic game, and we have all reason to be wary; in fact, I'll probably be skeptical up until release. User Image Their recent track record hasn't exactly been gold.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:18 pm
I can;t wait to se this better running animation.

xd He looked like he was merely jogging.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 pm
TtheHero
I can;t wait to se this better running animation.

xd He looked like he was merely jogging.

Well, for an anthromorphic hedgehog who's supposed to run so fast he can break the sound barrier, you would imagine he's pretty fast even while jogging.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:21 am
Quote:
There is a faster animation for Sonic's running that was not shown in the trailer, and is more akin to what you might be familiar seeing from Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Sonic CD.

they said the MAGIC WORDS 8U  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 am
Attention culties: It has come to my attention that there is an inconsistency about Sonic 4!
Quote:
In Project Needlemouse, there will be no new characters – playable or otherwise.

Yet...
The featured characters section would seem to contradict this!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:56 am
I_love_Inuyasha1
Attention culties: It has come to my attention that there is an inconsistency about Sonic 4!
Quote:
In Project Needlemouse, there will be no new characters – playable or otherwise.

Yet...

how so  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:12 am
Dino Pakkun
I_love_Inuyasha1
Quote:

Yet...

how so

The ???
of the featured characters...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm
I_love_Inuyasha1
Dino Pakkun
I_love_Inuyasha1
Quote:

Yet...

how so

The ???

Doesn't say anything about them being new... it's probably ********... Tails, or Knuckles or some s**t  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm
Dino Pakkun
I_love_Inuyasha1
Dino Pakkun
I_love_Inuyasha1
Quote:

Yet...

how so

The ???

Doesn't say anything about them being new... it's probably ********... Tails, or Knuckles or some s**t

Hm... Good point...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces