Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Unless I'm mistaken and the world is ending... (5th gen) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:57 pm
Isn't pikachu still in every episode? Also, if making new pokemon keeps on bringing in the latest generation (of kids) and making money, then it's working, just not for you. Plus it seems that there is still a solid fanbase of people who've played all the games from the start. The current model is working, if they kept the same 151 pokemon, they probably wouldn't be able to sell nearly as many games.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm
Well not in the ones I've seen which has been like five or six can't remember.
But on everything else you beaten me at so i shall give you a *thumbs up* and stop. But mostly i was talking in a personal standpoint of the pokemon. And something else to add has any of you noticed that Ash sounds like he has throat cancer?  

Lt Gigglebottom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:55 pm
Your dislike of the new pokemon is understandable, it's just a little annoying for guys like me who like playing the game on a competitive level. (yes I know it sounds silly, but there is a lot of deeper strategy)

And I definitely won't argue about how the new shows are terrible, lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:23 pm
Well i can understand your same frustration that i get but on different topics.
So i guess i didn't look at it from that POV, But for me even though the old pokemon show was great it's not my favorite. DBZ on the other hand i loved when it came out in 2000 as cliche as it sounds. That's why i guess i got frustrated back when a lot of people said ignorant things about the show or the games that came out when i played them.  

Lt Gigglebottom

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 pm
It's all person opinion. Nothing to argue against. Some pokemon look terrible and were bad ideas from the start. I can name pokemon from each gen that I hate.

1. Victreebell
2. Ledian
3. Plusle/Minun
4. Wurmadam

The new show sucks. And sales =/= quality. People are going to buy new pokemon games no matter what they do. If only for the nostalgia.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm
nitnit
Plus it seems that there is still a solid fanbase of people who've played all the games from the start.
Yep. Lots of 30-year-old Pokemon fans out there. Mostly competitive battlers, too.

Jonnnn
People are going to buy new pokemon games no matter what they do. If only for the nostalgia.
HgSs anyone? I mean, the Japanese commercials literally advertise the game for its nostalgia...

Also, as an aside, this week's largest thread (and probably the largest in the last 30 days) is about Pokemon. Kinda funny, considering this guild's history.  

darkslasherX
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 pm
Yeah, the last thread that was bigger than this was the one with tron's upcoming game list.

Also, Victreebell was awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 am
nitnit

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 am
YOU KNOW WHAT'S FUNNY I ORIGINALLY WROTE "******** YOU VICTREEBELL IS AWESOME" BUT I LEFT OUT THE ******** YOU TO BE NICE. =(  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 am
nitnit

Not as awesome as Lickitung was. That was a poke that was willing to take one for the team.  

pathetic_negi_magician

KaosHunter

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:47 pm
pathetic_negi_magician
nitnit

Not as awesome as Lickitung was. That was a poke that was willing to take one for the team.

Then they had to go and give it a stupid evolution. -_-'

Damn you Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:17 pm
KaosHunter
pathetic_negi_magician
nitnit

Then they had to go and give it a stupid evolution. -_-'

Damn you Nintendo.
Just watch them do what they did with Chansey...  

pathetic_negi_magician

Grand_Kai88

Dangerous Entrepreneur

9,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 pm
Well its a opinon dont you think? Some ppl would like it and some ppl wont. I honestly dont because i grew up with the old ones and never had tht same touch as the first one did you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm
Well, as Nitnit said, each generation has it's good ones and it's bad. The 4th gens power evolutions (power as in powerful looking) seemed like a desperate tactic to add in more pokes for a bigger pokedex (LickyLicky anyone?). They have 493 now, which is 7 bigger than 386. Who wants to bet that the 5th gen will attempt to extend it to 600? aside from that, Zoroark looks like a keeper right now, and not just because it's in a movie. It's a non-uber dark type (It has a pre-evolution. Garchomp aside, few pokemon with pre-evolutions are uber), which the games really need. It can use something similar to Transform (New move/Ability obviously in the works), and they gave Lucario decent stats and a useful movepool. Hopefully Zoroark will be the same. I'm currently considering adding it to my Masters of Darkness in the future, so I hope that it'll be a good one.  

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers