Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Tatsunoko Versus Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm
Kunx the Mighty
Omega Knight X
Kunx the Mighty
Omega Knight X
Nit, even if Ultimate All-Stars had infinites, there's the Mega Crash technique that instantly disrupts the opponent, even during a combo. Really, if you can pay for it, and you should always keep reserve hyper energy for it, you can't really be infinite'd unless you honestly suck at the game. If anything, at least rent it and give it an honest judging.

That costs 2 bars and some life also all of your red life.

Some life is better than losing half of your whole bar to a long combo, right?

And from my playing, only Baroque costs red life.
Just do a combo baroque into the same combo then super chain.

Make to let your opponent beat you senseless first so you can leave them going "WTF just happened?" afterward.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother
I would find the three reviews if I had the time, but I have a guild to run right now.

Unless you're running a complex game style guild, or you're an overbearing nazi, running a guild on gaia isn't something that's very time consuming.

Also, Bozon is one of the reviewers.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother
I would find the three reviews if I had the time, but I have a guild to run right now.

Unless you're running a complex game style guild, or you're an overbearing nazi, running a guild on gaia isn't something that's very time consuming.

Also, Bozon is one of the reviewers.

Ty for the link, running a guild doesn't take that much work unless you are making every post ever.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:02 pm
It's an RP guild , that is understaffed at the moment. I happen to be about 6 different characters at the moment, four are for guild story purposes.  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:18 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
It's an RP guild , that is understaffed at the moment. I happen to be about 6 different characters at the moment, four are for guild story purposes.

You are wasting time by posting that and not looking for that review that you know where it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:54 pm
I don't remember the website. I just know that the... *Facepalm* I haven't used the gamespot reviews in so long I forgot it links the the reviews.

Oh yeah, it was the IGNorant review. Which surprised a lot op people since it was actually a good Wii review coming from an obvious PS360 Fan-boy reviewer.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/106/1062972p1.html  

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
I don't remember the website. I just know that the... *Facepalm* I haven't used the gamespot reviews in so long I forgot it links the the reviews.

Copy the url.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:11 pm
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/tatsunokovscapcom/video/6248158/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars-video-review

Giant robots in hands of noobs are hard also PTX's saw hand rapes so stfu about giant robots being easy to beat, they are also unbalance the game like Zero does.

Btw Zero is equal or greater than MK in brawl.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:27 pm
I admit that spammers who use Giants are hard to beat, but the people who are actually good at this can consistently beat spammers.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:29 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother
I admit that spammers who use Giants are hard to beat, but the people who are actually good at this can consistently beat spammers.

Kinda hard to beat people who know what they are doing with characters.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:07 pm
Your Irish Twin Brother

Oh yeah, it was the IGNorant review. Which surprised a lot op people since it was actually a good Wii review coming from an obvious PS360 Fan-boy reviewer.

This guy literally said that this is one of the most balanced games since MvC2. Also this isn't an obvious "PS360 Fan-Boy", he simply says that the Wii has pretty much no other fighting games, which isn't far from the truth. This reviewer clearly liked TvC better than SF4 because it was flashier. While this is an understandable statement it shows nothing about character balance and other factors that make a fighting game good for high level play.

(In case you couldn't figure it out, MvC2 was extremely unbalanced. This guy clearly doesn't know much about high level fighting games. Also Brawl is hardly a fighting game, it requires extensive mods like Brawl+ to even be near the same category)

I love how Wii fanboys will make absurd statements to make their inferior system/games match up. And no, I'm not a "PS360 fanboy", I think the PC trumps all of the systems in most ways, and I own a Wii. In retrospect buying the Wii was a mistake.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 pm
I might be a little late to chyme in, but doesn't the Wii already have balanced fighters in MK:Armageddon and Guilty Gear?  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:27 am
Omega Knight X
Nit, even if Ultimate All-Stars had infinites, there's the Mega Crash technique that instantly disrupts the opponent, even during a combo. Really, if you can pay for it, and you should always keep reserve hyper energy for it, you can't really be infinite'd unless you honestly suck at the game. If anything, at least rent it and give it an honest judging.

I think that I'll continue to base the game's balance on what I've heard from communities like Shoryuken, and friends who play both SF4 and TvC and love both games.

I haven't judged the game beyond the fact that I don't care about Tetsunoko, and that SF4 is more balanced as a high level fighter.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:18 am
Mirri the Sneak
I might be a little late to chyme in, but doesn't the Wii already have balanced fighters in MK:Armageddon and Guilty Gear?

MK is only balanced when you are Scorpion/Sub-Zero, ither then that it's a horrible game. GG is call reflexes into combos.

The only balanced fighting game is Street Fighter.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

Your Irish Twin Brother

Dangerous Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:39 am
nitnit
Your Irish Twin Brother

This guy literally said that this is one of the most balanced games since MvC2. Also this isn't an obvious "PS360 Fan-Boy", he simply says that the Wii has pretty much no other fighting games, which isn't far from the truth. This reviewer clearly liked TvC better than SF4 because it was flashier. While this is an understandable statement it shows nothing about character balance and other factors that make a fighting game good for high level play.

(In case you couldn't figure it out, MvC2 was extremely unbalanced. This guy clearly doesn't know much about high level fighting games. Also Brawl is hardly a fighting game, it requires extensive mods like Brawl+ to even be near the same category)

I love how Wii fanboys will make absurd statements to make their inferior system/games match up. And no, I'm not a "PS360 fanboy", I think the PC trumps all of the systems in most ways, and I own a Wii. In retrospect buying the Wii was a mistake.

90% of his Nintendo game reviews get bad scores. He also gave Modern Warfare Reflex a lower score than Call of Duty: WaW even though he claimed everything about the game was better.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff