Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
what do you think about other religions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:14 am
Azareas Aquarinus

If we do end up in Hell, that's that.
If that's your attitude towards it- why are you so offended?

Quote:
But I don't believe in its existence. I believe in the Underworld, and the other world of course (The Spirit Realm).

I don't see a reason why I should believe in it any more or less than I believe in any other idea of the Underworld.

Shearaha
And if you're doing what Christ wants you'll get into heaven. Not necessarily that you won't get into heaven if you don't just that you have a guaranteed spot if you do.

I may be wrong, but that's the way it was explained to me years ago by a JW.
The JW's are that group that don't believe in Heaven for everyone- just some people and everyone else gets to live in Paradise on Earth.

I knew this JW lady from my work who used to talk about how excited she was that when Paradise on Earth comes- she was going to pet a lion or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 pm
Shearaha
Azareas Aquarinus
They seemed quite young. In their 20s. So maybe they were inexperienced.

If it's true that if they don't go to people's homes, that they'll go to hell? (The witnesses)

I mean, isn't that forcing religion up on people? By creating fear just so they can force beliefs.

For example: You'll go to hell if you don't spread God's word!

It's like controlling people. Or am I wrong? 'Cause that's how I see it.

I believe that part of their doctrine is that they be Witnesses for Christ. So by going door to door witnessing they are doing exactly what they believe Christ wants them to do. And if you're doing what Christ wants you'll get into heaven. Not necessarily that you won't get into heaven if you don't just that you have a guaranteed spot if you do.

You have to make all your sins right, and follow the exact path of a Christian if you want to go to heaven. Treat people right, no stealing, etc, etc, there's a whole guideline. Explained in the Bible. But only then a spot in heaven will be reserved for you.

But Jehova and Christian is pretty different from each other.  

pompoennetje

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:44 pm
Esiris
I knew this JW lady from my work who used to talk about how excited she was that when Paradise on Earth comes- she was going to pet a lion or something like that.

That is awesome.

Do we get paradise on earth too, or do we get our asses bumped to hell?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:43 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Esiris

That is awesome.

Do we get paradise on earth too, or do we get our asses bumped to hell?

I think that according to them Hell is reserved for complete jerks. She seemed pretty comfortable in telling me she looked forward to seeing me there- and she knew I wasn't a JW.

Not sure she would have had those thoughts if she had known I was pagan though.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:59 pm
Esiris

I think that according to them Hell is reserved for complete jerks. She seemed pretty comfortable in telling me she looked forward to seeing me there- and she knew I wasn't a JW.

Not sure she would have had those thoughts if she had known I was pagan though.

Wow, JWs are cool.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:03 pm
Sanguina Cruenta

Wow, JWs are cool.

I've gotten along with most of them- I worked with a few of them for a while and we used to have really good conversations. I'm sure like any group you get your jerks too- but the religion itself isn't bad. I'd miss my holidays too much.

Did you know they don't believe that Jesus was God?

Edit: Apparently they believe "hell" is just where souls go to sleep before Life Everlasting and people who don't go to Paradise poof into nothing.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:51 pm
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

Wow, JWs are cool.

woah,really? thats interesting.

just my 2 cents. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:29 pm
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta

Wow, JWs are cool.

woah,really? thats interesting.

just my 2 cents. smile

They believe God's son was the Archangel Michael, and that God had him become Jesus.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:57 pm
Esiris

They believe God's son was the Archangel Michael, and that God had him become Jesus.

Isn't Michael a violent sumbitch, or something?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:14 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
I don't remember much about him from the Bible. sweatdrop  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:38 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

If we do end up in Hell, that's that.
If that's your attitude towards it- why are you so offended?

Quote:
But I don't believe in its existence. I believe in the Underworld, and the other world of course (The Spirit Realm).

I don't see a reason why I should believe in it any more or less than I believe in any other idea of the Underworld.

Shearaha
And if you're doing what Christ wants you'll get into heaven. Not necessarily that you won't get into heaven if you don't just that you have a guaranteed spot if you do.

The JW's are that group that don't believe in Heaven for everyone- just some people and everyone else gets to live in Paradise on Earth.

I'm offended because they know nothing about me. They haven't met me, and don't have any knowledge of my personality. But, the thing is, if God is real, and yet there are other religions, why hasn't he proved himself?

I agree. Everyone has their own idea of things.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:56 am
Esiris
Sanguina Cruenta
I don't remember much about him from the Bible. sweatdrop

Micheal is the commander of the Lord's army of angels in heaven.

In one of the books he actually fights Satan or something. surprised  

pompoennetje

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:02 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I'm offended because they know nothing about me. They haven't met me, and don't have any knowledge of my personality.

That's not entirely true. They know you aren't a JW and from your pentacle they know you aren't even Christian. From their perspective they could be trying to give you the wake up call you need. I mean what is the affront of someone saying your damned compared to actually being damned for all eternity.

Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't have said that and it was rude of them to just blurt out that kind of thing. And I think it's wrong that people come to me or others in the streets or on their own land and attempt to convert them. These people were not seeking and may be actively attempting to break from the faith that seems to be hunting them down.

The other side is that if I was a JW and I thought this is this person's only way to salvation, I'd probably be all over him or her too. I guess I'm just lucky to be part of a faith where that faith doesn't see itself as the one true way or a path that's even appropriate/fulfilling/right for most people.
Quote:
But, the thing is, if God is real, and yet there are other religions, why hasn't he proved himself?

What kind of test would it be if God came down from the clouds or whatever and said "here I am in all my glory"?

What kind of test would satisfy you? I mean people have "witnessed" God and there's a host of miracles that Christians attest to. Does he/she/it have to make a personal appearance to you? What would he/she/it have to do or say to make the presence known and to prove it's superiority over other beings?

I don't know it just seems like there's a lot of anger toward the Christian faith because it won't prove itself and yet no one ever turns that in on themselves and says "what proof do I have" "why do I follow and why are my ways better/more right for me and/or my community".  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:51 pm
When I asked someone who was a Christian that I didn't believe God simply because he hasn't proved himself, he told me that the only way of finding proof that God does exist is to believe in Him and have faith in Him.

In my eyes that is a pretty right answer.

That would be the same with almost every religion.  

pompoennetje

Mistress Moxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:58 am
Personally,I think if you want to be a part of a religion,you should choose Wicca,Satanism,or Taoism.Christianity..it basically contradicts itsself,as so do the people.Satanism is good,except I don't care for their "Laws" .

However,out of every religion I know of and could ever know,Wicca is my personal favorite and I just absolutely love it smile .  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games