Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
American animation cosplay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
OhNoesItsMiho
Hoba The Destroyer

Sidenote: The girls that dress up like sleezy pickachus. They only want to look "sexy". I mean that is more disrespectful (to me) than wearing something nonanime related ^.^

You are my hero. XD

>.<
I just cant help myself.
The girls that dress up to get questionable attention scare me >.>
Once I saw a sailor moon girl, who was questionable.
I mean the outfit was great.
However, the skirt was way too short for my own personal comfort.
Somehow she "dropped" something behind a table, and she bent over the table to get it.
I mean I have never seen so many flashes go off.
I think a few people get shoved over by the lurking men.
Her group had their own fan crew following them.
I wouldn't want my tush all over the internet. >.<

Thank you for thinking like me! I am going to cosplay as pikachu in the future and I hate how everyone wants it to be slutty. I am sorry but I am going to wear a full out Lolita outfit when I am Pikachu!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 pm
Lady Cecilie

Thank you for thinking like me! I am going to cosplay as pikachu in the future and I hate how everyone wants it to be slutty. I am sorry but I am going to wear a full out Lolita outfit when I am Pikachu!

That is interesting.
I have never thought of a Lolita version.
I bet it will look fantastic.

I am thinking of going as Chansey.
I will be 7 months pregnant >.<
I have no ideas for what else to do.
It wont be sexy though lol  

Baret Rapsba

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:16 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

I was supposed to cosplay Jigglypuff a while back and I had the whole costume! Once again it was a lolita but then I decided I hated my wig and refused to wear it so I had to create a last minute May costume. I wanna see pics of your Chansy!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

I was supposed to cosplay Jigglypuff a while back and I had the whole costume! Once again it was a lolita but then I decided I hated my wig and refused to wear it so I had to create a last minute May costume. I wanna see pics of your Chansy!

I have to wait until like the month of the con to make the outfit.
It's annoying, but I don't know what size I will be >.<
There is also the issue of heat, and the costume.
I don't wanna get overheated, but doing a nonwarm version will be hard.
Hopefully I can pull it off >.<

I would love to see your Lolita Pikachu ^.^  

Baret Rapsba

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:25 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

I wish you luck! My pikachu won't be fore a while... I have like fifty other costumes to make before it.... sadly I have to make all those in like three months! But maybe I will get Pikachu done before July so I can be random and go clubbing in it on my eighteenth birthday!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:28 pm
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

I wish you luck! My pikachu won't be fore a while... I have like fifty other costumes to make before it.... sadly I have to make all those in like three months! But maybe I will get Pikachu done before July so I can be random and go clubbing in it on my eighteenth birthday!

Lol that would be awesome.
I had planned on doing like 3-4 cosplays.
Finding out your pregnant puts a stopper on it though.
However, I will be dressing my babe up next year.
It is like having your own personal cosplay buddy lol
Good luck on making all your costumes. ^.^  

Baret Rapsba

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:34 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

I can imagine it does but at least there will be another adorable kid in the world and after the pregnancy is over you can cosplay again!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 pm
Lady Cecilie

I can imagine it does but at least there will be another adorable kid in the world and after the pregnancy is over you can cosplay again!

Oh most definitely.
I told my fiance I am doing like 7 at one time.
Make up for this year lol  

Baret Rapsba

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:39 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

Oh most definitely.
I told my fiance I am doing like 7 at one time.
Make up for this year lol
lol nice!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:32 pm
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
OhNoesItsMiho
Hoba The Destroyer

Sidenote: The girls that dress up like sleezy pickachus. They only want to look "sexy". I mean that is more disrespectful (to me) than wearing something nonanime related ^.^

You are my hero. XD

>.<
I just cant help myself.
The girls that dress up to get questionable attention scare me >.>
Once I saw a sailor moon girl, who was questionable.
I mean the outfit was great.
However, the skirt was way too short for my own personal comfort.
Somehow she "dropped" something behind a table, and she bent over the table to get it.
I mean I have never seen so many flashes go off.
I think a few people get shoved over by the lurking men.
Her group had their own fan crew following them.
I wouldn't want my tush all over the internet. >.<

I was planning on doing a lolita pokemon too~ Most likely Blissey. :3

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

livingfairie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:49 am
I saw people who cosplayed the Kyoshi warriors & the Blue Spirit from Avatar: the Last Airbender at Anime Boston '11 this past weekend, I've also seen Aang and a Appa hat someone made lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:53 pm
I fully support non-anime cosplayers attending anime conventions, as long as they're there to enjoy themselves and share common interests. I've only attended a few conventions, which were all smaller, and I've noticed that cosplayers who pull off a decent character from other genres (I once saw a darn good Pavi Largo from Repo! The Genetic Opera) still get a lot of attention and excited squeals.

Sepia Sunrise

Wily Flatterer

inky_T.A.E.

Dapper Conventioneer

9,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm
Extreme master of flames
salsababy2889
Yeah, kinda going off of the above comment, it's not like cons don't allow the cosplays or whatever, but I know that quite a few cons won't allow Western animation cosplays into Cosplay Competitions. Sucks for those who put time/money/effort into those cosplays, but then again I can understand not allowing Western influences into the competition since we don't need 2o different Jack Sparrows trying to enter, or Waldo, or whoever like that.

But for this year's NYAF, I have a whole group of us cosplaying from Teen Titans (we have a Star Fire, Beast Boy, Robin, Cyborg, Black Fire {I think that's her name? Star Fire's sis}, and maybe a Raven) and I'm going as Jinx :'3
That does suck ppl should not be limited 2 what they can cosplay, but then again I do understand where they are coming from since most cons want 2 stay Japan oriented. My friend is planning on making a Gamestop bunny cosplay.

It's not so bad, after all only anime cons want to stay Japan oriented and there are plently of other cons which are not just for anime that do not have such limitations, Comic-con and Geek con spring to mind. Also, some anime cons have sections for non-Japanese cos-players in their competitions.
For example Colossalcon's friday cos-play or Shuto con's interactive cos-play, which are open to everyone. 3nodding
I myself cos-play as GIR from invader Zim. cat_mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm
Baret Rapsba
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie
Hoba The Destroyer
Lady Cecilie

That is interesting.

Hi, i know i'm not part of this conversation but I just wanted to say that I think both your cos-plays sound awsome and I think that it would be super cute if after your baby is born Baret Rapsba, you altered your Chansy cos-play to fit you again and dressed your baby as a Chansy egg or a Happiny. 4laugh Just a suggestion.  

inky_T.A.E.

Dapper Conventioneer

9,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:15 pm
Yes, American cartoons are just as animated as Japanese Anime is and much of the American cartoons are based on American comic books. I consider Manga to be Japan's type of comic books. Star Trek the "Original Series" Had an animated series created based on it. Also their are plenty of Star Trek comic books out their. As far as I'm concerned anyone Cosplaying a Star Trek character is considered a form of Cosplay. Sometimes Star Trek is called an Obscure Cosplay. My first Cosplay costume was of a Lt Cmd Science Officer. The Cosplay outfit included a 'Spock" blue star trek shirt and props. I did not want to be called Spock so I did not wear the ears. acparidise.com approved of the costume so that's good enough for me. Also I Love Star Trek so I was very comfortable about wearing it. A lot of people wanted to take pictures of me which made me very happy.  
-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff