Welcome to Gaia! ::

SNSD-Girls' Generation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all fans of SNSD whether they are old or new 

Tags: SNSD, So Nyuh Shi Dae, So Nyeo Shi Dae, Girls' Generation, SONE 

Reply SNSD-Girls' Generation Guild
Run Devil Run by SNSD or Run Devil Run by Kesha?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yo2ne1

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:48 pm
i never knew kesha sang the song.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 pm
ღRun Devil Run was originally made by SNSD, of course. But Ke$ha never had any intentions on stealing nor publishing the song in the USA. Like any other artist, she wanted to test out the song to see if she liked it or not.

ღIn my pure opinion, I would say both versions or okay, and they clash and mashup together pretty well, as seen in this video. In truth, they have nothing to do with each other. I love Ke$ha as much as I love SNSD.

Nodochii

Wonderful Sone Vu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:32 pm
yo2ne1
Wonderful Sone Vu
SNSD ftw!!! biggrin
what does ftw what mean. idk what sone means too.

ftw means for the win and a sone is a fan of SNSD. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:33 am
I personally like the SNSD version more than Ke$ha's version of the song. :p

xSilentSounds

WTFilipino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:30 pm
Sorry butt i think KE$HA is stupid & ugly .
I hate all of her songs .
&Im getting sick of American songs !
Their all the same non-sense crap D:<  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:05 am
Not being biased here because I really like a song based on beat and voice. When I read Ke$ha's version (lyrics) it doesn't flow well at all. She talks about stealing cars, vampires, pirates, and devils. Metaphors aren't that great in her version. Where as SNSD's RDR actually flows because it sticks to a guy cheating and they're out to him. I like both version BECAUSE of the beat and voice. Lyrics belong to SNSD. Soshi FTW  

sutekihana

Wonderful Sone Vu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:51 pm
User Image

thanks for all the opinions! smile

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm
Nodochii
ღRun Devil Run was originally made by SNSD, of course. But Ke$ha never had any intentions on stealing nor publishing the song in the USA. Like any other artist, she wanted to test out the song to see if she liked it or not.

ღIn my pure opinion, I would say both versions or okay, and they clash and mashup together pretty well, as seen in this video. In truth, they have nothing to do with each other. I love Ke$ha as much as I love SNSD.

I restate what I said before. I have found new information on what seems to be true. SNSD is not the original owner of 'Run Devil Run' and they never were. Ke$ha was the original owner, writer and recorder, but she never intended to send it out into the public for hearing. SNSD just re-did the song with the same beat, but what seems to be different lyrics. It's not sure if it was either them or Ke$ha that made this song, but I like both Ke$ha Version and SNSD Version.  

Nodochii

II Anyo II

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:13 pm
소녀시대 FTW!!
ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:15 am
Nodochii
Nodochii

I restate what I said before. I have found new information on what seems to be true. SNSD is not the original owner of 'Run Devil Run' and they never were. Ke$ha was the original owner, writer and recorder, but she never intended to send it out into the public for hearing. SNSD just re-did the song with the same beat, but what seems to be different lyrics. It's not sure if it was either them or Ke$ha that made this song, but I like both Ke$ha Version and SNSD Version.

ke$ha was asked by his friend(which was the composer of run devil run) to do a demo of the song, so it's not ke$ha's song and SM bought it legally for snsd 3nodding  

sleeping mushroom

Unsealed Explorer

9,250 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bookworm 100

I MunCH I

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:33 am
no one can break the original/!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 pm
I love the SNSD version! But I also love the Ke$ha version. I like the vocals of the SNSD version but the lyrics make more sense in the Ke$ha version. I love them both! <3  

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 pm
xx-fliper-xx
Nodochii
Nodochii

ke$ha was asked by his friend(which was the composer of run devil run) to do a demo of the song, so it's not ke$ha's song and SM bought it legally for snsd 3nodding

No, Ke$ha recorded it on 2007. But just as a demo version. She didn't write it. It was written by some other people.

Here's how the demo process goes:
The song is written and added to a data bank or songs.
If an artist finds the song and they like it but don't wanna do it as an official song, they record a demo version to be used to help future recordings.
If a producer finds it, they ask an artist to make a demo version.
It gets saved in this magical library of demo songs.
It gets discovered again and if the people decide to record the official version, they purchase the rights to it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm
Kesha butchered the song crying . I wish she left it alone. SNSD did it way better. Sorry to say but she can't compete with SNSD  

Invincible-Tommi

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:26 pm
Again, Ke$ha did the original. And I like both versions! the artist with the 2nd most songs on my iPod is Ke$ha! SNSD is the first, of course.  
SNSD-Girls' Generation Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff