Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokemon Race War: Black and White(opening video here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:18 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Lord of Armageddon
Why are you arguing about dark-type VS "light-type?'

There's a reason there hasn't been a light-type yet...because the dark-type isn't defined by "evil;" it's defined by moves that revolve around fighting dirty, such as stealing items, preventing item use, slugging the Pokemon as it's about to swich out, etc.

That's the reason Fighting is strong against it, because fighting-type symbolizes honor, respect, discipline, and fair play in battle, a tactic dark-types don't use.

It's "Dark" as in "cheating anti-hero," not "Dark" as in "holy vs unholy."
See then that doesn't makes sense to me. The reason anyone fights dirty is to gain an advantage over someone who fights fairly. Why would Fight be strong against Dark? I think I have a clue. Dark is a bullshit "element".

I think it's more on a moral level then on a tactical level.

Nobody likes a cheater (Dark-type), so of course they're going to elevate the people with honor (Fighting-type) as the real winners no matter what.

It's more of a "not cheating makes you a better person" type of thing, or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:23 pm
Allegro
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This did actually come to mind as I wrote the title.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm
[Kegan]
Allegro
Damn it I posted a black and white image too, but mine loads really slow and is big. I just posted the one with the monkey and lighting hands.

DAMN YOU ALLEGRO all of the monsters but the monkey and the cow are dumb anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:35 pm
Meta_Fish
I meant there should be more fighting Pokemon/moves.

Just as long as we don't end up with a third fire/fighting starter. I'd like to have a starter that I haven't raised twice already.
Also, I kind of hate fire/fighting after 3rd gen made almost all of it's weaknesses into gyms, but that's beside the point.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 pm
Zephyrkitty
Meta_Fish

Just as long as we don't end up with a third fire/fighting starter. I'd like to have a starter that I haven't raised twice already.
Also, I kind of hate fire/fighting after 3rd gen made almost all of it's weaknesses into gyms, but that's beside the point.
Gotta admit blaziken was pretty cool though. He could learn bulk up. Bulk up is one of my favorite powerup moves for a physical attacker. It isn't belly drum, but it is good for a stand alone pokemon.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 pm
I want there to be a Fire/Ghost starter.
That would be interesting.  

Sir Codin

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:44 pm
Owwin
Zephyrkitty
Meta_Fish

Gotta admit blaziken was pretty cool though. He could learn bulk up. Bulk up is one of my favorite powerup moves for a physical attacker. It isn't belly drum, but it is good for a stand alone pokemon.

I like Infernape way better than Blaziken.

I've found he's a more effective sweeper.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:47 pm
Super Jazzy
AGHH NO. Someone on here posted a link awhile back to a site with a bunch of pics of the new Pokemon, and so far they look better than the D/P/Pt ones.

Has it been confirmed about the hero/villain thing, or is that just a rumor?

I hope there will be Light Pokemon. Dark Pokemon really need another weakness.

Also, isn't Lucario a fighting legendary? I know you can breed it, but still.
I dont think Lucario was ever confirmed as a legendary. I see him as just a rare. You can breed a whole team of him. Other trainers have him too, Maylene and Riley. Besides Heatran, Lucario can be Male or Female. I just never saw him as a legendary.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Super Jazzy
AGHH NO. Someone on here posted a link awhile back to a site with a bunch of pics of the new Pokemon, and so far they look better than the D/P/Pt ones.

Has it been confirmed about the hero/villain thing, or is that just a rumor?

I hope there will be Light Pokemon. Dark Pokemon really need another weakness.

Also, isn't Lucario a fighting legendary? I know you can breed it, but still.
I dont think Lucario was ever confirmed as a legendary. I see him as just a rare. You can breed a whole team of him. Other trainers have him too, Maylene and Riley. Besides Heatran, Lucario can be Male or Female. I just never saw him as a legendary.

Lucario is pseudo-legendary at the very most.

Mostly because of it's hyped up badassery in Pokemon Movie 8.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm
Lord of Armageddon
I like Infernape way better than Blaziken.

I've found he's a more effective sweeper than Blaziken.
Infernape is better. His speed outclasses Blaziken as a sweeper. Still I like Blaziken appearance wise better. He is one of the gen 3 ones I actually liked. Plus he can learn bulk up, which gives attack and a little survivability. Then again his defense isn't phenomenal, so making him into a tank isn't the wisest thing, but I liked it from what I played of gen 3.  

Owwin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm
Owwin
Zephyrkitty
Meta_Fish

I did like Blaziken. He was all but useless up until the Elite Four, but it's really hard to hate a kickboxing chicken.

Infernape is butt-ugly though, and the whole 'Blaziken but a monkey' thing didn't help his appeal any. Maybe this is why I never finished Diamond...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 pm
Zephyrkitty

I did like Blaziken. He was all but useless up until the Elite Four, but it's really hard to hate a kickboxing chicken.

Infernape is butt-ugly though, and the whole 'Blaziken but a monkey' thing didn't help his appeal any. Maybe this is why I never finished Diamond...
Gonna agree with you there. Gen 4 was okay with it's pokemon, some good some bad, but I thought gen 3 was mostly terrible. Still, somehow gen 3s fire starter was less ugly than gen 4s.  

Owwin

Allegro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:58 pm
[Kegan]
Allegro
See, I actually WANT a Pokemon game like Black and White. Wouldn't that be awesome?

"I AM GIANT SANDSHREW AND I AM YOUR GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:06 pm
Infernape isn't butt-ugly at all.

I prefer his appearance over Blazikens.  

Sir Codin

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:09 pm
Allegro
"I AM GIANT SANDSHREW AND I AM YOUR GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"
A sandshrew god would suck. His people would live in the... desert. Hmmm...

Oh well, Blaziken and Infernape are equally inferior to how awesome Typhlosion looks.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff