Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
From a Concerned Guild Captain..[update] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:41 am
I'm just very pissed at wesden for avoiding the question and answer to the guilds announcement problem. She just wants to do fancy bullshit that guilds doesn't necessarily need but I'm so sick of seeing the what we thought was awesome to have to be thrown away.

I really want this avi and take her avi and have my avi sock her in the face. >< ; that's how I feel. They are trying to update guilds, but not doing what captains need to have done.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 pm
EDIT:

I'm starting to think that some of the mods in this guild are just in the dark about what the -bleep- the rest of Gaia is up too (or bound by a non-disclosure contract). It seems that Gaia's projects are rather compartmentalized.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 am
Sadly Wolfen I've been of that opinion for some time now ...

Gaia used to be about being a place where people could hang out and have fun but now it seems its just a place for certain 'higher ups' to experiment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:30 pm
I was hoping that the programmer/developers were actually going to be making it better for us on Gaia. I still have some hope with the spring cleaning stuff going on, but we have to see. So I will reserve judgment.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:42 am
I'll keep my jets calmed unless another problem approached.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 am
mamarita
I was hoping that the programmer/developers were actually going to be making it better for us on Gaia. I still have some hope with the spring cleaning stuff going on, but we have to see. So I will reserve judgment.

I'm not optimistic but we'll see what comes of the spring clean.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 am
I already got my strategy planned out for the AtA. Just gotta be on that first page and I will have some questions (relevant questions mind you ) and they will be answered. >w<  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 am
Good luck with that!  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm
Why not lump the Gaia Announcements in with all the other notices, too? Maybe because you want Gaians to notice them and read them. Well, guild captains feel the same way.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:04 pm
I have talked to many people, several, but I didn't keep count, that had NO IDEA that they could alter notice settings, nor how to change them, so that they weren't so common. Thus, any active Gaian that hadn't figured it out would miss most guild announcements, and then talk to me with a complaint about a type of notice that was pointless to them, and then I'd walk them how to fix it.

Either editing settings for notifications needs to be more obvious, or something else needs to be done. Notices are almost entirely forum-related, and guilds are seperated. I don't care if you want to say they are forums too, they aren't a part of the regular forums. Guilds don't have thread subscriptions, don't have quote notifications, and god forbid that the achievements for posts of threads or quotes count guilds too. Guilds don't have notifications for anything besides the sendable announcements, and because of that they get buried and never seen. That just plain isn't fair, and is playing dirty. Gaia tells guild captains to get more activity or the dev's won't be placed to give updates. We say what our members want, show PMs of a declined invite because of lack of subscriptions, we try our damnedest to do our part, and then it just gets made more immpossible. For example, achievements caused the welcome forum and CB to be over run (I didn't know the CB could be overrun), and guilds were NOT ONLY given no separate achievement, like joining one, but also don't work for the general threads or posting achievements.

Proof that the PMs exist:
Nem the tourettes zombie
LillianSaire
Nem the tourettes zombie
admin
You have been invited by LillianSaire to join Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB). This Guild has an entry fee of 0 gold to join. This amount will be automatically deducted from your account if you accept the request.

Please choose from one of the following options:
LillianSaire has also included this reason for inviting you:
LillianSaire
This guild is about RPers teaching other RPers through suggestions and guides how to improve. I was exploring the Barton Town forum, and saw your post in a thread. I thought that you could benefit from joining this guild, and the guild could benefit as well; from both, helping others and learning together. Because everyone has room to learn and grow, as well as experience to share.

Sorry but I dont do guilds anymore...get hard to keep track of after awhile.

Yeah, especially since they aren't connected with notifications.

Exactly! you can subscribe to a forum and know when people post...but with a guild your screwed!

LillianSaire

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:40 am
Having a guild based achievement is a fantastic idea Lillian, I like it.

It'd be a fantastic way to drum up some interest in the GGN.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:58 am
As long as it is about posting, and not something stupid like 'join 5 guilds' or 'make your own guild'. rolleyes  

LillianSaire

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 pm
I'm personally quite happy that I can actually preview Broadcasts. I was able to catch a rather bad typo I would have otherwise missed.

(Not that they do much good sitting in the notice lists without being actually noticed)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:29 am
Broadcasts? Like for Gaia's instant messenger?  

LillianSaire

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:36 am
No, no, Lillian, I think broadcasts is what the Guild Announcements are actually called.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff