Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
How Not to Cause Drama! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm
Ignore stupid people....aka half the con.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 am
Don't talk. twisted  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

jetex5311

Dapper Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm
Don't judge anyone on their interests or the fandoms they may belong to.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:33 pm
Drama can come in many forms:

1. Be careful of where you take pics of Cosplayers. High traffic areas especially intersections at a con can make people upset and get official con personnel to get you to move on which can make you lose a photo chance. Best to ask a Cosplayer that you want to take a picture of them first then pick a better spot. Learned this lesson the hard way at one con.

2. Beware of your surrounds, especially if you are either from out of town, or it's the first time at a con. Some people unfortunately will pick pocket you or worse if you are not paying attention. Also don't "gauk" at a scene that's happening nearby. It's best to leave the area so that you don't get accidently involved in the situation.

3. If you are in a line be courteous and respect the order of people in the line. Also keep an eye out for when the line moves. Sometimes you can easily lose your place and get someone upset if you rejoin the line in a different spot.

4. Beware of large or elaborate Cosplay outfits. These people have spent a long time making them and could get really upset if you damage their outfit.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:48 pm
oTrissa
Don't talk. twisted

TEAM BARTOOOONNNNN!!!! cat_scream

For the one cosplay, since the original doesn't talk, me being the gender-swapped version can't talk either. Oughta be interesting...

Bar-ton Town! Bar-ton town!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 pm
Be able to communicate with your friends! The lack of communication is something that REALLY annoyed my friends when I went to con with them--most of our group disappeared and we were really worried.  

iAsianSushi

IRL Treasure

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 am
My sister and I have the Ten Commandments of a Con that helps to avoid any drama.

1. Listen to the volunteers and staff and read signs. No one has to look like an idiot save by their own means.

2. Don't forget to peace-bind weapons. The staff and volunteers will call you out in front of everyone.

3. Don't glomp people. It's not only rude, but it's dangerous.

4. Respect personal space. If you hit into someone, just say sorry. Also make sure to look down. I've been run into and elbowed just because someone didn't see someone under 5 feet. I do snap at people when I feel it was their fault because I'm sick of it. *Goes on a rant*

5. Be respectful. Even to the jerks. If you're nice to them and people notice it they're going to poke at the jerk and not you.

6. Make sure of taking a bath. There are people who hate your B.O. and will snap at you.

7. If you're cosplaying make sure that the pose you're in (even when in a relaxed position) isn't something that you don't want your mom to see. I took a great picture of some girls and they told me 'don't post it anywhere, delete it, I can't let my mom see it' shouldn't have been doing it then.

8. Keep vocal level down so people don't have to listen to your yelling.

9. Some people who've studied Japanese don't like people to try to talk it. Terms are one thing, like Shojo or Hentai, but don't say desu, it's pronounced Des.

10. Remember timing. If you're going to drag your friends around and they want to do something and they tell you it's at this time, then be there are be a drama maker.  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff