Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
That time of the month...during a Con? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChocoboxDreamer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm
I got mine at my last con. It had been on before the weekend came, so it was that point where it was not too heavy and that crampy period was over, which was good. I almost forgot it was on, so it wasn't that big of an issue It is quite the hassle but I mean, if you bring enough feminine supplies and things of that nature, you can deal. Plus meds if you're feeling crampy!  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm
I'm a guy,, but that has happened to my GF. Hers came unexpectedly though. Luckily, we were rooming with a lady and her daughter, and by sheer luck, they were BOTH on their times, so they were well prepared and saved my GF that weekend. Needless to say, that was not the best con.
I was mostly surprised by the fact that she wasn't moody at all, though.  

Michel the shade

Amorous Lover

15,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Marathon 300

SasuNaru_Master

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 pm
Yes, because everyone on their period is a grump xD
I'm going to Supercon this year, and for the last few months, the date have been coinciding with the con dates. *facepalm* if that happens, besides no pool, I will just be sad.
My outfit has a skirt for one, so I feel extra self conscious. I usually get the menstrual moods a week before my actual time, which is great. What sucks is that I will be rooming with my friends, which are all guys -.-  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm
Sadly I haven't been to a con yet, but it would totally SUCK if Aunt Flo was to visit when I go Dx  

ZakuraWolfe

Original Humorist

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200

Etherial Silky

Romantic Bookworm

23,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:30 pm
a bottle of ibuprofen a ton of femine products and alarms on my cell to remind me to use the bathroom.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:42 pm
Ahahaha... yes... that was the most unpleasant part of wearing a short skirt a con a couple of years ago. I was always worried that my skirt would flip up and everyone wuld see that I was spotting a bit before I realised I was. Once I did realise it, I stuffed toilet paper in my panties as a ghetto-tastic, makeshift pad until I could buy real ones. Really annoying. :/  

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

MadHatterzMouse

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:37 pm
It has happened, multiple times, and always a blast... not. But I am usually the person who comes prepared, and my friend knows it because she has had to come to me before.

As a rule of thumb (from what we have discovered), if you also have friends going who are female and one is currently on that time you should be prepared for it to happen to you too. Somehow it seems to synchronize or something, or at least that is what always happens to us.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 am
Lol. This has happened a few times during a convention, sometimes being aware ahead of time, and sometimes not. I always bring extra pads and underwear with me just in case. I usually just bear with it and try to look happy even though I'm in pain or not feeling well. I think the worst experience I had was when it started while I was wearing white Sasuke shorts...  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers