Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
Temple of the Ancients (MC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:39 am
Eskevar Fire Cross
Just as Fenrir flipped his phone closed his eyes were drawng by a strange glow, not to far off the road. With Fenrir's preternatural vision he was able to pick out... metal wings? Vaizel! He pulled his car off the highway and brought it to a screeching halt.

He barely had the presence of mind to kill the engine before he was out the door at a run Romulus hot on his heels. Fenrir with all he had as if Sephiroth himself were behind him. He arrived breathless just in time to see Dawn fall from Vaizel's arms. Fenrir watched in horrar at the change that overtook his friend, the silvering hair and Mako eyes.

Fenrir looked from the unconcious Dawn, to bleeding Zaber, and at worried III not knowing quite what to do or think. Steeling himself he stood in Vaizel's way. " Stop!" his baritone voice bommed. " Vaizel, you dont' know what you are saying, snap out of it! You resisted Jenova you can beat this!"

Romulus whined, seemingingly cowed. The wolf looked nervously at III... III understood. This being was stronger, more malignant, Romulus who had not quelled in the face of many dangers was frightened. Only his loyalty to Fenrir enabled hime to stay his ground.
((For those who are curious, Vaizel lives near the river in the valley between Midgar and Junon. south of Midgar actually, I posted a map of the FF7 world in the Rules and Systems topic. wink ))

Vaizel calmly considered the man before him, it was Fenrir, his mind readily supplied. Not a remnant... but a young man with some skills, if too much emotion. Vaizel was vaughly amazed at his newfound confidence, everything seemed perfect. His wings seemed to belong to him and the whole world lay at his feet. He felt... Immortal! A slight smirk twisted his mouth as he listened disinterestedly to Fenrir's pleading. Vai reached out one hand to his former freind. "Join us Brother, We will create Reunion! Total and complete, Father is not patient, but he beckons, will you join us?" He his hand remained outstretched, his eyes were half-closed but watched this youth speculatively. How interesting, he could see the glow of Mako everywhere! the Jenova influence was also visable to his sight. Father seemed puzzled by this peculiarity and retreated for the time, Leaving the newly empowered Vaizel to do as he pleased. Reunion would come.... and Vaizel would bring it!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:39 pm
III soon reached Dawn's house in a matter of minutes,givivng a sort of awkward landing...she felt their combined weight greatly,as it was near to twice her own. batter ramming through the door, III gently laid down both Dawn and Zaber. grunting,III tried to recall the healing spell she had learned...but sephiroth's blood continued to mercicly pound and poison her,making recalling the spell just about impossible. "cura!!"III suddenly called out, without quite knowing what had happend until she saw some of the fatigue fade from her friends faces. III hair suddenly started prickling up along her neck."oh,no..."she whispered,her eyes now showing great fear...."this..no!" III quickley grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and scrawled what little english she could write and left it next to Dawn.III then closed the door,and in an extremely wild manner started running....south.

((this is what the note read))
Dawn,plese heip Zaber,he hurt. if yu go south bee very careful!!
somthng is rong with me now too,...i may bee dangrious and i dont want
to hurt yu. (the rest is far too smeared to read)  

FuzzWolfie

Zaber Blade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:45 pm
OOC: Just an FYI, Zaber doesn't have his wing's anymore. It's a confusing story, maybe I'll bring up how in flashback later.

A short time after III left, Zaber awoke with a groan of pain. He sat up and felt a large pain on the back of his head. And it wasn't from bumping his head during the fall. Whatever that thing was... it's mental prowess was mind blowing. Literally. It had felt like someone boring into the back of his head with an electric drill. That agonzing pain, followed by a rush of mental images... creatures the likes of which he'd never seen slaughtering masses... an explosion... and then, while he couldn't explain it, he felt rage. Violent rage that he'd only felt twice before in his life... And then his memories of what happened after came flooding back. Zaber fell back down clutching his head. It happened again! The curse was suppossed to be gone... could he really have killed them?

How puzzling. These fools were willing to be controlled? This was going to be easier than he'd thought. And such a strong body... even stronger than the red haired man... But what was this other power within the body? He felt the strength flowing into his conciousness. Whatever it was, it was incredibly potent, much stronger than feeding off human life force... he might even acquire a body of his own if he we're to have enough. The mako was calling to him. "More... I must have more..." he sent these mental commands to Vaizel. "I shall... assist you..." Right outside the meteor impact site, shadows from the surrounding trees began to move. They moved away from their attachments, and three or four shadows would come together and rise off the ground, contorting into a black, withering mass. The masses exploded into thick, puple tinted clouds, and when the dust settled, four or five creatures had appeared from the clouds. They stood on their hind legs, with an arched back. Their torsos curved outward at the top, like the a hooked beak. No recognizable face, heads, or eyes could be seen. Their black skin drastically offset by the glowing green stripes that ran across their sides. But most menacing, their arms consisted sheerly of a pair of 2 foot long sharp cleavers. They acted in unison, turning to face the same place, at the same time, being controlled by a signular conssiouness. They began to walk up the hill towards the crest Zaber had fallen. They we're headed for the others on the hill...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:29 pm
Okay, this story sounds twisted to me. From what I've been able to tell is that the group (Vaiz and so on) is still chillin not far from Midgar. So unless the Temple of Ancients was moved a couple houndred miles I don't see how anyone at the Sight could walk over a little hill and suddenly be past Junon and so near Midgar.  

warwizardjerek

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:39 pm
warwizardjerek
Okay, this story sounds twisted to me. From what I've been able to tell is that the group (Vaiz and so on) is still chillin not far from Midgar. So unless the Temple of Ancients was moved a couple houndred miles I don't see how anyone at the Sight could walk over a little hill and suddenly be past Junon and so near Midgar.
I have PM'd Zaber about this, and we will work this discrepancy out, sorry for the confusion! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:45 am
Fenrir's face hardened into a grave look that would have been more at home on Garm's face. He felt a tug as Vaizel said the words but not. Whispers reawakened in the back of his mind, whispers he had not heard since he was a child.

Fifteen years ago......
"Fenrir we should go back, mother will worry."

" We're almost there! Can't you here the whispers?"

" Ya..." his brother was close to tears. "It's cold Fen."

" What if someone is in trouble? We've got ta help them."

" All right...." Two toeheaded boys continued climbing the icy rock. They struggled through snow drifts almost as tall as themselves. In the cleft of a rock dark shapes moved. Fenrir saw the movement instantly and trudged forward, Garm following in his wake. A wolf lay still, frozen. The fur was crusted with ice and ribs were visible underneath her mangy coat.

" It's dead...." Garm said with a sniff. " poor thing." He leaned down and touched the animal and then he saw the movement Fenrir had. Beneath the wolf were two small pups. " It was a momma wolf...." He reached towards one of the pups, instead of nipping at him or being afraid the pup, weak from cold and hunger the creature allowed him to scoop it into his arms. Fenrir picked up the other, which snuggled closer to his warm body. "We'll have to take care of them, I think the whispers want us to."

" Yeah, we'll make a promise to the whisperer."

" Ok." In the snow, with wolf pups craddled in their arms two brothers made a vow to the benign whispers that visited them.

The memory faded as quickly as it had come. This time the whispers were not so gentle they were insistent creating a hum in Fenrir's mind. Fenrir looked down at Vaizel's outstreached hand, tentatively his own moved towards it. Romulus snarl made him snatch back his hand. The wolf was suddenly in between them, hackles raised. Fenrir looked from Vaizel to the wolf confusion on his face.

Eskevar Fire Cross

Zaber Blade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:28 pm
OOC: Vaizel and I have resolved the discrepency. I went back and edited my posts. Everyone is in the valley, near Vaizel's house, not near the Temple of the Ancients. It's going to take the monsters a while to get here.

Zaber's greif was far more of a pain than his physical injuries. Why? Why did this keep happening? His hellfire had broken loose twice before. The first time, after Sepiorth had tricked him into killing Syrene while using her as a shield. That's how he'd goten his wings in the first place. It happened again, the day Sepiroth was finally brought back, and he'd nearly not survived it that time. And now the hellfire had been let loose on a buch of innocent scientists... how many people had to die because of him? He punched the floor and looked around. He was in Vaizel's house. He rummaged around some cabinets until he found a X-Potion and guzzled it down. He instantly felt his strength return. "Why don't I ever carry some of these around?" He picked up his sword and walked out of the house. He closed his eyes and allowed his new "light" senses to take over. He sensed Romulus, Sabel, Vaizel, and III a short distance away... but he sensed another power, very close to Vaizel. He also sensed several dark presences approaching from a fair distance, they were just outside Junon. Zaber began to run towards the others, and he pulled out his cell phone and contacted Shade. After being assured Shade was on his way, he hung up and focused his attention on the sprint.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:08 pm
Leaveing Midgar through the underground tunnels Orrin traveled a fair distance away before calling forth Drake (Mist Dragon summon).
Standing silently with his head bowed silver mist began to slowly rise from the ground and to take shape. With a faint rumble and blast of energy the mist fell away reveling the dragon within. Swerving his head down, Orrin reached out and scratched along his chin.
"It looks like we'll be heading down to the old Temple Sight." Orrin said through the telepathic link they shared.
"Sounds well enough, hop on then." Drake said leaning down.
With Orrin sitting on the nap of Drake's neck he swept back his powerfull wings and took off with a few strokes. Quickly acending into the skies they soon left Midgar far behind.
Skimming above a few low clouds they passed over the mountainas region between Midgar and Junon.
"Orrin, can you feel that?" Drake asked suddenly wheeling around in a circle.
"Yea....any idea what it could be?"
"No, it's the first time I've felt something like this."
"Yea, but it feels familair somehow. Something that I can't place exactly."
"You want me to fly a bit lower?"
"No, the Temple is more important we'll leave this for another time." With that Drake staitend his path back towards the south west.
A few minutes later of ackward silence and
"Orrin?"
"I don't understand it what else?"
Leaveing the cloud layer they picked up Junon along the coast.
Then they saw 'them' scurring along at a rapid pace into the mountains.
"Orrin?"
"I have not idea, only that it's probably linked with that blasted meteor."
"So what do want to do?"
"Lets follow them for now but keep out of sight."
"Not a problem their giveing off energy like a mako reactor, either of us could follow them with our eyes closed."
"True but lets keep our eyes open just the same."
"Heh, this should be interesting."
With a mutual smirk Drake flew blending with the clouds and shadowing the creatures followed them back into the mountains.  

warwizardjerek

FuzzWolfie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:44 pm
III started to close in on Vai and Fenrir,feeling the ground continually fly out form under her in a headlong run. Without thinking,III passed the two and had to loop around and then brace herself to stop. III appeared just as Romulus finished snarling at Fenrir. she stared at Romulus,but she never saw him. III's eyes now glazed over,turning and odd color around the edges;mostly a reddish/mako color. "GET Back from me!!!!!" III cried as she suddenly lunged at Romulus,fighting every movement...her movements became jittery,slowing to a stop directly in front of the wolf. There She stood,heavily shaking,as her eyes went under an even heavier fog. III slowly backed up,her razor claws ejected,and mouth open,tounge falling out covered in drool....stopping in front of Vaizel,III looked up,eyes completely fogged,and gave a wicked grin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:34 pm
Shade dropped into a Deep Dive as he approached Corel. He had worked here for the last year, providing open air, wyvern back flights between Corel and the Gold Saucer. It was a thrill for his customers to fly like this. It wasn't glamorus, but it was a living. He had just received Zaber's call, and was dropping off a couple from the Gold Saucer. After they got off, he ignored the two who were waiting to go to the saucer and took off towards Junon. He had to hurry, he had an ocean to cross first.

The creatures laid waste to some Shina-ra soliders they encountered outside Junon. One of them fell, but about 30 Shina-Ra MP's lied dead with them. One of them was wounded, purple blood seeping from a small wound in the "chest".  

Zaber Blade

Coonchan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:04 pm
Connie had made it about halfway between where the others had gathered and her own cabin when she saw a familiar shape fly overhead. What's III doing around here? The girl wondered. Wait a minute, it looks like she's got injured riders! With that, she turned Kuroi about face and dashed back the way she had come. She arrived shortly after III departed again, but entered the door in time to see Zaber pilfering the X-Potion, carefully she snuck up behind the formerly winged man, waited for him to finish his cell phone call before chucking one of her non-bladed boomerangs at the back of the man's head. "WHO ARE YOU AN WHAT'RE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!" She yelled, a bladed projectile now in hand.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:11 am
Eskevar Fire Cross

The memory faded as quickly as it had come. This time the whispers were not so gentle they were insistent creating a hum in Fenrir's mind. Fenrir looked down at Vaizel's outstreached hand, tentatively his own moved towards it. Romulus snarl made him snatch back his hand. The wolf was suddenly in between them, hackles raised. Fenrir looked from Vaizel to the wolf confusion on his face.

Vaizel watched this interplay impassively, and when Fenrir's hand dropped so did his own. His gaze turned to the wolf, a pathetic creature, not one that could be convinced to join the great reunion, It was important to this Fenrir person. Vaizel weighed the pro's and con's of that particular attachment. Eventually deciding it wasn't worth the effort to dispose of the beast right now. His gaze returned to Fenrir's face once more, "For you brother I will give you a second chance," A wry smile twisted his face, "We will meet again, and when we do, I will ask you once more. Think carefully about where your loyalties lie, for your answer could mean life or death to those close to you." He smirked coldly at that, it was amusing somehow... He could feel the approach of the 'minions' father had sent, But somehow he did not want them here. In a movement that was more fluid and graceful than Fenrir had ever seen, Vaizel launched himself into the air, his wings supporting him easily, an eerie green glow encasing him as he flew faster than he had any right to, quickly disapearing from veiw.

Just outside Junon Vaizel landed, mere feet in front of the gift Father had sent him. That condescending smirk marred his features once again as he surveyed the freakish beings. "How pretty" He muttered sarcastically, "Not very artistically minded is Father..." He chuckled as if at a personal joke, "I have come Father, what do you want of me?"

Ermak Lorde
Captain

KiyaraSabel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:24 am
Dawn groaned rolling over away from the wet drooly tongue lapping her face. "Kuma...five mor-" Dawn paused, realizing Vaizel was not the warm comforting presence she had grown accustomed to during their marriage. She opened her eyes. It was day light, late afternoon, almost evening. She crawled out of bed, and stumbled towards the kitchen, leaning over partially on the sturdy St Bernard who had awakened her. She blinked a few times as she took in the scene that greeted her. "Zaber, what're you doing in my house?" She asked groggily.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:33 am
furry1337otaku
Dawn groaned rolling over away from the wet drooly tongue lapping her face. "Kuma...five mor-" Dawn paused, realizing Vaizel was not the warm comforting presence she had grown accustomed to during their marriage. She opened her eyes. It was day light, late afternoon, almost evening. She crawled out of bed, and stumbled towards the kitchen, leaning over partially on the sturdy St Bernard who had awakened her. She blinked a few times as she took in the scene that greeted her. "Zaber, what're you doing in my house?" She asked groggily.

Zaber turned back and forth between Dawn and Connie, unsure who to answer first. He decided the situation was too urgent to adress individually. Speaking to no one in particular, he began to explain himself. "Listen, I can't explain everything, parts of my memory are a little to distorted for even me to understand. When that meteor fell, I sensed a dark presence. I tried to convince the scientists who were going in not to go, but they wouldn't listen. I followed them... in case somethign were to happen. And somethign did..." Zaber winced, painfully recalling how "father" had possessed his body and used it to slaughter them. "I'm the only one who survived the whole thing. We have another Jenova on our hands, and that's all there is to it. I remember passing out in the valley and I woke up here. Even now I'm sensing Vaizel and the others are in danger." He turned away from them and looked out the door towards the valley where the others were located. "I'm going to help them. I don't know what I can do. Since I can't fly, I probably won't even make it in time... or can I fly?" He stepped outside and shot a fire spell up in to the open air. It exploded at high alltitude.

Shade saw the explosion a short distance away, he had just made it across the ocean. He redirected his course towards the flare, it was Zaber's signal for "pick me up". The wyvern touched down right outside.
"What's wrong bro?"
"I'll explain on the way." He looked back inside. "The wyvern carries four. Are either of you coming?"

OOC: Sorry, I ran out of time to post a piece for "father". Later tonight I hope.  

Zaber Blade

Eskevar Fire Cross

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:24 pm
Garm sped along the road towards Junon. His conscience flaying him all the way. Remus seemed wrestless whining and scratching at the door of the car. The twin himself felt uneasy. He was the more sensitive of the two and he felt a heavy forboading and a pull he couldn't explain. Even over the roar of the engines he felt as if someone were speaking, but he could not make out the words as if he were hard of hearing or there was some sort of interference. It was a feeling he had not experienced since childhood, it stiffened his resolve. It was imperative he reach the Tuefals.

As he whipped down their driveway at rather unsafe velocities he caught sight of Shade's weyvrn. " What the Jenova?" he mumbled to himself. His vehicle screeched to a halt in front of the house. He and Remus were out in a momment. He sighed with relief when he saw Dawn and Connie unharmed but his relief lasted only as long as it took to survey Zaber still looking a little worse for wear.

" What's going on?" he demmanded, interrupting Zaber. " Where's Fenrir? He said he'd be here." Inexplicably Remus stiffened and began howling. Garm started, echoing on the wind was an answering howl. Romulus....

Fenrir stared at the sky in a daze watching Vaizel wing his way gracefully through the atmosphere. Locked in a world of his own he paid no mind to the growling Romulus, or even III. His grey eyes looked into the blue canopy of sky unseeing. Vaizel... it didn't make sense.... what were the whispers trying to tell him? He strained to hear but they never became intelligable.

Romulus was no longer snarling but was snuffling at Fenrir's feet worridly and running back to III and then forward to Fenrir. He suddenly paused his large ears boing bolt upright. Seemingly with no provocation at all he raised his voice in an eerie howl.

JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff