YES
  HELL YA
  HUH?
View Results

090Freak090

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:35 pm
sweatdrop
Fresnel
If you're interested in an EOTech 557, I find myself in need of cash flow again, and still unable to mount it on my AR, because of the damn carry handle.

haha, I wish I had the money to buy it from you bud, but right now I'm really tight on cash. I'm probably going to run down to Primary Arms and grab one of their Aimpoint clones and 3x magnifier packages for $100.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 pm
I like how it's coming along, Freak. Good stuff. I'm sure that rifle will serve you for years to come once you've got it all together. Some kind of AR or AK will probably be what I go for two guns from now.  

ArmasTermin

090Freak090

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:38 pm
ArmasTermin
I like how it's coming along, Freak. Good stuff. I'm sure that rifle will serve you for years to come once you've got it all together. Some kind of AR or AK will probably be what I go for two guns from now.

Major pain in the a** though, Cheaper Than Dirt packaged the handguard in a bag instead of a box and FedEx got it beaten up, so we had to send it back to FedEx and now CTD ran out so I have to wait on Backorder till Aug. 9th till they get more in. scream

I was supposed to return from m camping trip and have all my parts here and ready to assemble so I could got test it this weekend, but of course not.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:47 pm
090Freak090
ArmasTermin

Major pain in the a** though, Cheaper Than Dirt packaged the handguard in a bag instead of a box and FedEx got it beaten up, so we had to send it back to FedEx and now CTD ran out so I have to wait on Backorder till Aug. 9th till they get more in. scream

I was supposed to return from m camping trip and have all my parts here and ready to assemble so I could got test it this weekend, but of course not.

I'd be hugely pissed if that happened. Sucks, but at least the anticipation will make it that much better once it's all together. Those ARs are like Legos, only way more fun (and expensive).

Thinking of a name for her yet, or do you not name guns?  

ArmasTermin

090Freak090

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 pm
ArmasTermin
090Freak090
ArmasTermin

I'd be hugely pissed if that happened. Sucks, but at least the anticipation will make it that much better once it's all together. Those ARs are like Legos, only way more fun (and expensive).

Thinking of a name for her yet, or do you not name guns?
Right!? I was furious!
I'm leaning towards Annabelle  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm
Little update: The YHM diamond fluted barrels are fluted on both sides of the gas port even though on every internet picture of the barrels it only shows the 20" barrel being fluted behind the gas port. I don't know why YHM hasn't changed this because I'm sure it has affected sales.  

090Freak090

090Freak090

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 am
Here she is!!!!
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am
Rocky Sassoon
Stripped lower's sold out. sad

It's back instock right now  

090Freak090

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:06 pm
User Image

Have you shot her yet?

Also, not technically complete. You still need three flashlights, a laser, a vertical foregrip, an ACOG, some flip-down sights, and a heartbeat sensor! Why else would have you gone for that monstrous quad-rail? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Troy rails covers are on the way. Rail space is for WHEN I need it, besides the 12" rail on the 16" barrel just looks bad a** IMHO. Besides it was a great deal.

I still need to take it to a gunsmith to get everything installed properly, I just threw it together so I could post a picture.

I get paid Thursday so a complete report should be done before Monday.

EDIT: I just checked the mail and I found the Troy rail covers and holy s**t do they feel nice. Great quality and very impressive feel. they are less than 1/4" thick but are incredibly sturdy with a very nice diamond checkering that is spaced out in rows so it doesn't feel like smooth plastic while also not making t feel like 400grit sandpaper.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

NOTE: I have taken her apart because I still need to get her propperly put together by a gun smith (Should be tomorrow)  

090Freak090

090Freak090

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:22 pm
She is finished!!!
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

090Freak090

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:12 pm
Im so excited to take it out shooting tomorrow
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:25 pm
One quick pet peeve I have with the grips. Ruger shipped three of these with my SR-556. Getting the locks open to reposition them on the rails was damn near impossible without messing the locks up.
User Image

Ruger didn't bother shipping any kind of instructions for the grips. Couldn't find anything on the web either. This is kind of cheap given the number of times one may remove the grips in the lifetime of a rifle.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

090Freak090

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:17 pm
Floyd
One quick pet peeve I have with the grips. Ruger shipped three of these with my SR-556. Getting the locks open to reposition them on the rails was damn near impossible without messing the locks up.
User Image

Ruger didn't bother shipping any kind of instructions for the grips. Couldn't find anything on the web either. This is kind of cheap given the number of times one may remove the grips in the lifetime of a rifle.

How do you figure? You can find the info on youtube from Troy themselves. I have taken mine off and on dozens of times and the locks are still perfectly fine...  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff