Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Crossplay..is it wrong? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 pm
jyrotika
Kurenai-Shinju
I see it no different as theater and such. Think back to plays such as Peter Pan. A lot of boys are played by females, and sometimes women are played by men. That's how I convinced my mom it was OK. When I was a ballet dancer I had to play a farmer boy.

I mostly crossplay because I tend to look better as a bishounen than an anime girl. They're just too unrealistic, with their huge chests and such.

Good point! Not only Peter Pan, but remember John Travolta as the mother in Hairspray? biggrin Sometimes roles just work better that way due to the voice/abilities the character will need smile

I'd love to crossplay more (only have one guy costume in the works right now), but unfortunately it's nearly impossible for me to bind my chest for a long period of time... It leaves really bad marks on my back and makes it difficult for me to breathe. Currently, I use a wide Ace bandage to bind my chest. Any suggestions for other ways that don't hurt as much?

And if we're on that note...

heart Takarazuka heart

The entire cast is made up of women. Frankly, once you start watching, you can't stop. They're extremely talented, and it's gotten to the point where I get very confused when I see a male character on stage being played by a man. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:44 pm
crossplaying is totally AWESOME, besides i crossplay quite a few times. i cosplayed paine from final fantasy, yuna from final fantasy.  

Le monstre ballot

6,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:06 am
I've seen crossplayers at cons and as long as the crossplayer has done the character justice I don't have a problem with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm
Ok so I am planning on cross playing a female Glaceon, so should wear spandex on my legs? or shave them?  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:32 pm
K master of flames
Ok so I am planning on cross playing a female Glaceon, so should wear spandex on my legs? or shave them?

BOTH!!! Nothing worse that needles sticking out of spandex or pantyhose!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:59 pm
SakuraRico
K master of flames

>.< thanks it was weird 4 me 2 ask  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 pm
K master of flames
SakuraRico
K master of flames

lol, that's nothing. I am looking for a leotard in a store, and I asked the young lady (around my age)

"Alright, I'll be straightforward with a question that may be embarrasing for the both of us. I'm a man, and I will be using a morphsuit with a leotard on top. How do I keep my junk from showing? It's not big at all, but I WILL be wearing skintight clothing"

Now tell me who had the most embarrasing question XD

And if anyone here can answer that question go ahead. I remember reading an interview MANY years ago, I think it was with David Bouie, and he said he used sports briefs to keep his genitalia from showing through the uber tight leather pants.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:20 pm
SakuraRico
K master of flames
SakuraRico
K master of flames

lol, that's nothing. I am looking for a leotard in a store, and I asked the young lady (around my age)

"Alright, I'll be straightforward with a question that may be embarrasing for the both of us. I'm a man, and I will be using a morphsuit with a leotard on top. How do I keep my junk from showing? It's not big at all, but I WILL be wearing skintight clothing"

And if anyone here can answer that question go ahead. I remember reading an interview MANY years ago, I think it was with David Bouie, and he said he used sports briefs to keep his genitalia from showing through the uber tight leather pants.
LOL that is funny, I can answer that use duck tape, I don't want 2 go into detail because I don't know if I am allowed 2 say it all on here, but yeah tape <.<  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 pm
K master of flames
SakuraRico
K master of flames
SakuraRico
K master of flames

LOL that is funny, I can answer that use duck tape, I don't want 2 go into detail because I don't know if I am allowed 2 say it all on here, but yeah tape <.<

I have tried Duct tape before for Drag Shows... it's really uncomfortable and it's hard to do properly. Besides, I won't be able to sit down.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:39 pm
heh, i've always been a crossplayer
orochimaru being my first cosplay
and my favorite

orochimaruismine

Beloved Werewolf

Mira Moon Darling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:51 pm
My first official cosplay was a crossplay! XD
It is hard for me because I do have a large chest-area and binding/wrapping hurts like hell and I firmly believe I am too girly- but I was talked into it. And everyone said I looked adorible and moe >_>
My next cosplay is going to kinda be a crossplay, but it's a boy dressed like a girl (*coughchibitaliacough*).
A huge majority of my anime friends are crossplayers, too razz

I'll admit I thought it was weird at my first con but once I got to the second it was pretty normal  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:36 pm
I don't see what the problem is with crossplaying. Aslong as your having fun it shouldn't matter at all if you crossplay and anyway isn't that what cosplaying's all about: having fun. I wouldn't of started cosplaying if it wasn't fun..... I should say crossplaying.
Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion anyway, if they think crossplaying is wrong then they can tell people what they think but they can't really force their ideas on someone else.
The only reason why I cosplay as male characters is because there aren't really any female characters that I like and in a way I'm more boylike than the average girl. So who is going to stop me from crossplaying?? No one will because it is my choice.
If I asked you the same question would you say the same thing. Would you say that it is your choice to crossplay and that you won't let anyone stop you.... so let me ask you: Who is going to stop you from crossplaying?  

Skyra123456

2,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am
Is cosplaying a genderless character considered crossplay? I'mma do Bomberman classic version, and it's just a robot XD

Wanna see how I look with the morphsuit to be used for bomberman? Prepare the bleach for your eyes....

facebook.com/sakurarico My display pic <.<  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 pm
SakuraRico
Is cosplaying a genderless character considered crossplay? I'mma do Bomberman classic version, and it's just a robot XD

Wanna see how I look with the morphsuit to be used for bomberman? Prepare the bleach for your eyes....

oh gawd LOL, how much did it cost you? I need a purple one 4 a Voldo (soul calibur 2)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:19 am
K master of flames
SakuraRico

oh gawd LOL, how much did it cost you? I need a purple one 4 a Voldo (soul calibur 2)

It costs around US$50, forgot how much was shipping, but it was inexpensive. I also got pink shoe covers for bomberman.

the website is morphsuits.com , and the facebook group goes by the same name. Really helpful guys and nice too.

They don't ship everywhere though, I had to get mine shipped to a friend in the USA (fedex) and she then mailed it to me. And when I made the order like at 10AM, by noon it had already shipped O__O

I dunno if they have purple, but they suggest for colors or designs, to just get a white one and take it to a tincture shop I think they are called.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff