How do you handle the haters? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shruikan

Salty Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm
what i really think i need to do is to stop caring about what other people think of me

The thing about this guy is that not only does he insult me but he gets his facts wrong and that pisses me off as well

i need to suck it up, not have what he thinks effect me personally and correct his stupid a** whenever he slanders furries  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:38 pm
Quote:

ok then. he'll shut up eventually..plus karma will get him.he's just is a closeminded person. nothing can change that unless he has some sort of relevation. furries..hmmm...odd topic to pick for a dicussion conversation when the main person isnt one.i think ive only had furry related topics with other furries. hmmm interesting..

hm? oh i dont talk about furry stuff with him or others. The people i have class with arent furries and kinda think furries are weird but harmless  

shruikan

Salty Phantom

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:54 pm
shruikan
Quote:

ok then. he'll shut up eventually..plus karma will get him.he's just is a closeminded person. nothing can change that unless he has some sort of relevation. furries..hmmm...odd topic to pick for a dicussion conversation when the main person isnt one.i think ive only had furry related topics with other furries. hmmm interesting..

hm? oh i dont talk about furry stuff with him or others. The people i have class with arent furries and kinda think furries are weird but harmless

wait none of them are...wow ok thats just an odd conversation to bring up.well maybe its just odd topic to bring up in a conversation where im from.i just thought i was weird in my teen years until i went out of state and figured it out what a furry was.and only figured out i was one when i was dating another furry.i had never heard of furries before then.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 am
I'm really not the stereotypical fur. So I just handle the haters by laughing at every word that comes out of their mouth.  

Caryas

shruikan

Salty Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:06 pm
BitterFantasy
shruikan
Quote:

wait none of them are...wow ok thats just an odd conversation to bring up.well maybe its just odd topic to bring up in a conversation where im from.i just thought i was weird in my teen years until i went out of state and figured it out what a furry was.and only figured out i was one when i was dating another furry.i had never heard of furries before then.

i go to an art school so things come up. This fishstix guy always makes fun of hipsters and guidos.
My one friend who does commissions on DA usually only has furry clientele and she just made a small joke, "All the furries just seem to love me!" it was funny but then fishstix heard it and just started the ball rolling on that too. I think he might have done some "research" (probably asked a non furry what a furry was) He started on me because sometimes when i draw myself as a character i add cat ears. I know he doesnt really know what a furry is but im not going to try and explain it to him because i know hes not going to listen  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:10 pm
Furries get bashed because their easy to bash. Most can't really defend themselves towards the majority of accusations because they either lack the words or can't articulate propperly, so from what I've seen, the common response is to curl into a shell and hide.

That said, I've noticed actual furry bashers are almost as rare as the kind of furries that can embaress other furs. Moderate furs..furpublicans? tangent.

The best way to deal with it I want to say "Oh just ignore him, he a hata', but that isn't really going to work.

Casual insults or feigning boredom work wonders. People that bash people tend to not have anything else to say, or are doing it because they think its funny. As that dude that plays kramer showed us, and most of the 'white people always be doin this' comedians from the 90s.....it gets old.

To quote Yahtzee: WE ARE NOT AMMUSED.  

Pixeliciousness

O.G. Elder

Artemis Vulpes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:24 pm
Indeed and long time no see Pixeliciousness.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 am
I'm not easily hurt by peoples comments. I'm quite the joker myself. My favourite things are Animals, Naruto, Twilight & most pop culture related things. I get a lot of hate but I'm above them. smile  

Zhaff

7,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Alex Jace

Distinct Hunter

5,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:10 pm
If anyone confronts me about being a furry I usually say something along the lines of "Yeah, I'm a furry, what are you going to do? b***h and whine? I'm sorry but I'm having dificulty giving a s**t, why don't you go pitch a fit for someone who gives a damn?" Don't say it angrilly, do what I do, just smile the whole time and walk away after you say it, with that smile still pasted across your face  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:10 pm
Whoever gets worked up about haters is weak.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Echo The BlackChrimson

Familiar Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 pm
Well, I've been taunted, teased, attacked/jumped a lot in real life. Being a fur is somewhat different, though it does still have some trash that follows it, unfortunately.

How I treat haters is quite simple: offer questions and speak to them diplomatically, being blunt and strait forward. If they can't handle big words easily and/or dodge questions and/or the root topic, then the hater in question simply needs to be told to grow up; preferably in a solid tone of writing. They normally go away after that.

In forums though, this does not always work, but hits the nail on the head about 75 - 85% of the time. Besides, the really immature ones 'rp attackz!!1!'. To be honest, those guys are amusing: being a phoenix, I just set them on fire over and over again. This is fun!

In real life, however, I haven't encountered many haters. But then again, that just might be the fact that I carry my katana around...? xd

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with haters. Haters don't exactly mix well with diplomatic responses or being ignored up front.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:26 pm
i handlw humans the best way i can but they just get so damn annoying and look for ways to get rid of me the most recent is when they tried to arrest me for being a bi fury by twisting around a conversation i had with a friend in public  

zZzNuki

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:32 pm
andrew aensland
i handlw humans the best way i can but they just get so damn annoying and look for ways to get rid of me the most recent is when they tried to arrest me for being a bi fury by twisting around a conversation i had with a friend in public

NEWSFLASH. You're human too cool

Thus referring to other people as "humans" sounds silly.

I'm going to have to fine you for silliness, sir.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:08 pm
Echo The BlackChrimson
Well, I've been taunted, teased, attacked/jumped a lot in real life. Being a fur is somewhat different, though it does still have some trash that follows it, unfortunately.

How I treat haters is quite simple: offer questions and speak to them diplomatically, being blunt and strait forward. If they can't handle big words easily and/or dodge questions and/or the root topic, then the hater in question simply needs to be told to grow up; preferably in a solid tone of writing. They normally go away after that.

In forums though, this does not always work, but hits the nail on the head about 75 - 85% of the time. Besides, the really immature ones 'rp attackz!!1!'. To be honest, those guys are amusing: being a phoenix, I just set them on fire over and over again. This is fun!

In real life, however, I haven't encountered many haters. But then again, that just might be the fact that I carry my katana around...? xd

Everyone has their own ways of dealing with haters. Haters don't exactly mix well with diplomatic responses or being ignored up front.

Dammit, you're annoying at that. But it works :U  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Echo The BlackChrimson

Familiar Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 pm
[-Erik-]

Dammit, you're annoying at that. But it works :U