Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Is there too much censorship in this guild? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think there is too much censorship in the guild?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 16

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:50 pm
As far as I know sub forums cost about 2000g per subforum---i think. We have some gold in the guild account but we can always just donate more if we need to create more forums. It is just a matter of working out what subforums we want, how much gold we need and then getting them created.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:03 pm
If Sub-forums are 2000g each, we have enough gold within the guild account to make three and three quarter. 3nodding  

Delithraldur

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18 pm
I'm not quite sure because I have never been the leader of the guild but I think that is what I have heard off the top of my head anyway--we should find out definatly and if we decide that we need more than 3 i can donate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:22 am
Whoa! eek

Seems like I unintentionally stirred up a hornets nest here.
Normally I get a good feeling of quiet achievement when I create a thread that gets people passionate about something, but in this case Im actually feeling a bit guilty. We just need to make sure that this doesnt turn into a name calling thread which only ends up hurting peoples egos. And Im sure that some good can come from all of this getting stuff of their chest when the dust settles.

I have to say again that I think subforums are a bad idea (except for maybe a mod one and maybe a R.P one) as if everything gets too segregated interest will wain and die off (Ive seen it happen in other guilds!) apart from that have a stickied conversation thread, Unannounce announcement threads after a couple of months so they can get buried til there not on the first page anymore. And unless something gets offensive or abusive let the members go wild, with just the guidance of the mods so that they can actually be 'Moderators' and not 'Dictators'.  

TrickYMickY

Ozumou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:55 pm
WarriorShadow

I vote we ask Lili to either
A: Spend some time setting up sub forums.
B: Apoint someone as Vice Captain for the time it takes for them to Set up sub forums.

If sub forums cost money, i dont see why we cant afford it. We're all rolling in unclean money.

I would love to see seperate threads for sports. The reason why I do
not bother to post on the sports thread is becasue it is too general for me.

And it looks like almost a month since anyone has posted in it anyway?
Unusual considering we are in the middle of Cricket, A-League and Basketball seasons.

Why was the decision made to combine all sports threads into one?
People talk about history? What was so bad that it caused this to happen?

Still waiting for a reply to my last post.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:25 am
Ozumou

Why was the decision made to combine all sports threads into one?
People talk about history? What was so bad that it caused this to happen?

please dont go there...most of us are sick of bringing up the past...all you need to know is that alot of us have some history together and not everyone gets along...in the end we live together with a mutual understanding not to start fights here....

tricky you didnt stir up a hornets nest...this sort of thread starts up every single time someone gets power happy around here...  

weeping pixie

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:45 am
weeping pixie
tricky you didnt stir up a hornets nest...this sort of thread starts up every single time someone gets power happy around here...

I'd say he just found an under-lying current that was in place some time ago.

There's so much to say on this, I just can't my head around to construct it all logically.

Sub-forums - Yes, but not many. I agree with Tricky, I think they'll become too specific, and just die. I think good ones would be an admin related one, and a game related one, ie. Get To Know Your Fellow Aussies, Name That Town, the rating threads and so forth.

I was happy with most of DNA's work in the past, because his actions were usefull for a guild that had so little activity and members. With more members and more activity, the usefulness of some of his tactics are questionable. Threads that keep cropping up in GD aren't stiffled because there's so many people, but here it's a bit of a different story, untill we get more people, and I'd like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:42 am
alot of people question guru's actions and motives  

weeping pixie

WarriorShadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:10 am
All this is known, if Tricky wants to be further informed, take it to PM.

I would rather not have that chapter of the guild reopened in public.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:15 am
Okay, how about we stop all this bitching and moaning and arguing and crap.

I am a mod, I'm sick of this argument that isn't going anywhere so I'm going to do something about it.

Here is my solution - respect it. If any other mod or person has a problem with it, they can verbally bash me later, or maybe just talk to me in a civilised fashion and we can work something out.

How about we just forget about all this past nonsense. We'll start a new.

After I post this, I am going to unlock all the locked threads.

From now on, make whatever thread you want - as long as it's not offensive or completley pointless. Offensive and spam threads will not be locked, they will be deleted immeadiatley.

Example of an offensive topic
******** you. Your cousin has herpes.

Example of a spam topic
La la la green is yum.

Are we clear?

Good.  

EmWah
Crew

weeping pixie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:16 am
WarriorShadow
All this is known, if Tricky wants to be further informed, take it to PM.

I would rather not have that chapter of the guild reopened in public.

dont think you need to worry bout that unless someone starts to behave the same way and doing the same things that started all that bad s**t before  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:18 am
nice going emwah...its the best option while we work out whether or not we have subforums smile  

weeping pixie

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:22 am
I really don't thing subforums are necessary, but meh.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:23 am
yeah i was just going to say that if we have unlocked all the threads and such why dont we see how that goes for now--before we decide to make subforums and such.  

Lai Woun
Crew

weeping pixie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:41 am
only reason subforums came up was cos someone keeps deleting threads and such sayin we need to "unclutter" this place...and says certain threads are too specific... rolleyes  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff