Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
First Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Of all the things Colton would have guessed Phinelia would say, he never would have assumed her to have been upset about the other students' names listed rather than her own. A bit of shock flickered across his now dull face, a touch of confusion playing its part. "Phi, you are more than I imagined." The smile that parted his lips was unplanned, as was the ring of laughter, but he allowed it to overpower him, nonetheless. "Despite how much I seem to know about you, you still haven't ceased to surprise me. I'm glad you aren't letting the insults regarding yourself cause you any pain, but you should try to do the same for everyone else on that list." He encouraged as she scribbled something on the parchment before shoving it into her bag. "After all, it looks like I have enough anger for the both of us." It wasn't until these words that Colton realized how much Phi's calm attitude had calmed him down. He took mental note of a theory regarding both her and his temper before leading her to the stairs.

Gesturing upwards, he asked,
"Shall we just roam? It seems we have several more minutes until our next class than I had assumed." Glancing down at the gold pocket watch that his father had gifted him with before one of his deployments a few years back, a small smile touched Colton's lips as he considered the idea of getting to extend his conversation with Phi.

User Image
[[OOC: I thought it's be cute if they stumbled across the note in the Seventh Floor Corridor together, but he could easily find it later if you'd rather lead him somewhere else. :3]]
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

She looked at him with a bit of childish curiosity, she had never been called some of the things he was saying now, "What had you imagined?" Her tone was simply curious, no underlying meaning or flirty note to it. Phi was far too inexperienced for any of that, she just wanted to know.
She chuckled at the joke he made about his out outburst and fiery emotions, she did not see him as an angry person, just easily ticked off. Her muggle brother was the same, though he was growing out of it. For a moment Phi thought about Arlo, as well as everyone else she knew was awaiting her owl and letter telling them of this fabulous school and world.But her owl, Hermes was in her dormitory, he disliked the owlry. Colton couldn't go inside, she realized, and she probably did not have enough time to write a letter and send it off between classes.
A sudden thought sparked into her mind as she mentally stored away the necessity of her writing to her family, "Where is the Gryffindor Common Room?" She knew the Slytheirn was in the dungeons (she had over heard others speaking of it as well as many of the House members walking around the corridors). The Hufflepuff one was also hidden from her, but she had heard nothing of the lion's common room.
"The castle is so big," she mused under her breath and smiled, wishing she could find time to explore it soon.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:55 am
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton considered her question as they continued on through the school. "Well, I just hadn't thought you to be so...spontaneous? However, you are proving to be more unpredictable than most. I quite like it, to be honest. There's always something new with you, Phi. I enjoy the lack of boredom." The contradiction in his words was how most girls who fit the Ravenclaw quota seemed to be the opposite of her, minus the utter intelligence, of course. But Phi seemed to be ever-changing, and Colton would never get used to that, which he liked the idea of.

He watched her dark eyes as they dove into deep thought, finally clearing up a bit when she decided to speak. Again - surprise struck Colton once more, and he found his smile thriving on her unexpected question. Rather than answer, he jumped three steps up the next staircase, turning back down to face her, and bowing slowly.
"Follow me, ma'am, and you shall see." He knew they had plenty of time to climb six sets of stairs, and he enjoyed the idea of her knowing where he spent his free time, when he wasn't with either her or Ronyo, of course.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:03 am

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

"I am a boggart," she joked when he finished trying to explain to her his previous expectations. She knew it was lame, but she was not one to tell many jokes. And, goodness, she thought she was funny.
She laughed brightly seeing his antics of jumping the stairs and bowing to her, he had also jumped from her expectations of stern, ever-serious military boy. When he allowed himself to relax, he was a different person.

She walked right behind him, jumping one step just to show him she could as well, and smiled.
"Potions. My favorite class, I think it is Potions." She added as if an after thought, replying to the question they had both momentarily forgotten.
"I enjoy the idea that there are branches of magic that do not rely on one's wand. My guardian warned me wizards sometimes forget they need to think and not just let the magic do everything for them."

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:01 am
User Image

Enter from Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom

Blaire strutted into the corridor at the head of his cuckoos, having patiently waited for the rest of the students to exit and go their separate ways. He proceeded through the hall toward the grand staircase, sweeping it in both directions with his inspecting gaze. Confirming the absence of prefects, professors, and anyone observant enough to notice the group, the blonde set to work replacing the notes stripped from the hall with a new one, he and his henchmen's latest handy-work. Discordant and distrusting - that's how he intended to hold his peers in their place. He approached the end of the hall, and flitted onward to the stairs, several of the papers a littered trail in his wake.

Exit to 7th Floor Corridor

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Stepping from her quiet Charms classroom, her mind already far from the test she had just written, Phi began to make her way to the Staircase and further onto the Grounds and the Black Lake. Just as her foot was about to place itself off the landing of the floor and onto the stairwell, her eyes caught sight of something pasted on the wall. There was nothing surrounding it so it looked terribly out of place and almost threw itself at you if you were not daydreaming.
Phi approached and glanced at the paper. Within less than two steps, her thoughtful expression turned to a sharp glare. Her fist tightened and she ripped the paper of the wall, catching only about three words and a few names. But it was enough to know what it was.

Instead of folding it with her usual calm style as she had with the others, she was now crumpling the paper in her hand as she stomped down the stairs to the entrance of the castle.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:38 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia managed to get away from his older brother after the Sorting Feast, not even his brother... That demon! He needed to find Phi again! He didn't have time to tell her everything. Still this was bad, Roi had seen him talking to her and the demon was VERY angry with him.

These thoughts ran rampant in his mind as he moved around the hallways on his way to the grand staircase. He stopped however when he realized, he had no idea where the Ravenclaw Common Room was! This was bad, he had split off from the Prefects that were supposed to guide them into the common room to find Phinella...

He began to get scared as he moved around the hallways, and that was when he ran into him, Allen. The boy that Yia considered a powerful and good ally.
"A-Allen!" He said both with surprise and a bit of happiness in his voice.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:00 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
The second year had just broke off from his group of classmates as they followed their new prefect toward their common room. The Sorting had been uneventful for the white-haired boy regardless of the cheering and the shared House pride. He had found it hard to focus on the faces that joined his ranks at the table of the Badger. The food was delicious but he could not even remember what he had eaten. And in his haze Allen had also not exchanged further word with Jane.
His thoughts were instead reeling in a further place beyond the strong walls of the castle and beyond even the rolling plains, grounds and the farthest coast of the lake. Instead, his eyes focused on the visions his memory was broadcasting regarding the city where he had grown; York. Most specifically, the bureau of the wizard who had raised him and shown him the dangers and wonders of both the magical and muggle world. But the office was no longer seen with its sunlit windows, orderly desk and bursting bookshelves. No twisting, perfumed plants placed in the corners nor the owl Poe sitting on his golden stand. Instead, the windows and bottles of preservation liquid were shattered, papers strewn and furniture, if not broken to splinters, toppled to the side. No sign was left of the man that had raised Allen. One second he had stood before the young, changed boy, and the next, a rock was placed where he sat.

The image Allen was being forced to relive was one he no longer looked back on with crippling despair and consuming sadness. He wore the burdening memory like a medal. The man who had raised him as his own had fought the demon captured inside his ribs like a war hero. Like Potter himself against the Dark Lord. The memory was bestowed upon Allen's bosom like a medal of honor. Being related, not by blood but by bond, to the strongest man the boy knew.
The past vision was suddenly lost, water rippled, with the call of his name. Allen blinked and swerved his eyes from his path. His legs had broken off from his group and were instead heading toward the Owlery to visit Poe. But that decision seemed changed again at the sight of Yia. Allen's dark brow raised itself as he registered the younger boy. "What's up Yia?" he asked with a step toward the new Ravenclaw.
The boy's sorting was one of the only to which Allen had clapped. But with honesty, he had expected the Metamorphmagus to be placed in Gryffindor.
"Lost your Prefect group?" he pressed with a chuckle. if it was the case, he could direct the new schoolmate to his common room.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:30 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia smiled as he looked up at the tal second year, "Y-You can say that. But that's not everything... I wanted to ask you something." He said, his mind went back to the look of Allen as Roi walked away from him. The crushed feelings clearly visible on his face and posture. The sight of it was burned into Yia's memory and he knew, Roi had done something to him. "Um... Allen, what did Roi say to you?" He asked, his voice full of concern for the pale haired boy. He spoke again, hoping he wasn't intruding into something he wasn't supposed to be, "Allen... I know it isn't any of my business but we can't let Roi destroy us... He's already destroyed my brother." He continued on, it was true, that is how Roi has been in control of Woil's body all this time, because Roi managed to beat Woil, and they've switched, now WOIL is the one fighting for control, not Roi.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen was just about to point the new Ravenclaw toward the tower in which his new boarding resided as a pity entered the immature voice.
The Hufflepuff blinked with growing confusion and darkening suspicion as he allowed Yia's words to run to an end. Message delivered and the intent and deep-placed fear becoming clear for the the white-haired boy. Yia was Woil's brother, he had to watch Woil's struggle with the beast since the very moment it was placed into the older Ravenclaw. The curse tore through not only Woil but also Yia. The despair and raw anger with oneself was something Allen was too familiar with - he had lived through the position in which Yia now found himself. He could relate to the fear Allen could distinctly hear in the boy and visibly see how it rattled him from inside his bones.

Allen wondered suddenly if he could e serious with the boy - he seemed to think of him as an ally or a source of hope. That thought placed itself in Allen's mind and swelled with a growing sense of responsibility. "You know Roi better than I do, you can assume he threatened me with the safety of your brother. He tried to manipulate me." he said starkly and solidly. Sudden sternness being absorbed by every fiber of his physical self and voice after the moments of silence that had grown as Yia finished speaking.
"Roi won't destroy us, Yia." he said with no comfort intended, "Nor will he completely destroy Woil. That boy is his vessel, you are something he sees himself capable of manipulating and now he targets me for play as well. He will have his fun while he can, and now in Hogwarts he can't do anything drastic."
the silence grew again, pulsed with a disgusting tension between them. Clogging their lungs as their looked with dead groundedness at each other. Allen's dark irises suddenly began to soften and his next words were nothing but gentle.
"Are you afraid Yia?"
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:59 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia looked around as the question came to him. He had listened to everything the boy had said closely, and now the boy had asked a question. A question no one had ever felt like asking, "Y... Yes. But... I want to fight against that demon! I'm just scared that he'd hurt Woil..." He said very sadly as his hair turned a dark black as his dark feelings began to bubble up.

He hated this feeling, this feeling of dread and despair that the demon had placed on him. He sighed and wondered, would the boy care? Would this boy that he looked upon for help, this boy with the pale hair and could hold his own against the vile demon, help him?

"A-Allen... You see this?" He asked, pointing to the scar on his cheek, "He did this... He did this with my own brother's hand." He said letting his arms and head drop, he couldn't do anything, not while that demon had his brother captive. "I hate this... I hate that I can't do anything... I don't want to hurt my brother... And I want to destroy Roi! But, my brother is already lost... And Roi has won..." He said sadly as he waited for the pale haired boy's response.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:37 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
"No one has won yet." he said definitely the moment the younger boy standing before him let the dark, festering thought be spoken. The deadly flaw of thinking there was no hope - that fighting was futile and that there was no reason to even attempt it. "If you start thinking he has won, he will."
The friendly, cheery Allen that belonged the the yellow and black House of Hufflepuff was gone behind flaming eyes of coal and gripping fists of white, stretched knuckles. His voice was hard and stern and rough. A past that was never let out of its cage of bone slipping into his words.
"You don't need to fight him physically - because that will bring harm to your brother. But you still need to defy him, show him you are not beat but what ever, and if anything, you are planning against him - keep it hidden. Let the beast taste some surprise."
The scars Yia had pointed to and addressed as being a creation of the hand of the ancient demon had neither surprised nor fazed Allen - he had already suspected it was the demon's work. His own scars felt like they were consuming his hands with fire and a heat of a blistering memory. His rough nails dug further into his gloved palm, crying for flesh.
"The worst thing you could do with him is let him get to you - realize he is simply an apparition right now. No body, just pulling on strings. He only has the power of words right now."
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:29 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia stared down at the floor as he absorbed everything that the upperclassman. When the pale haired second year was finished with what he's saying, he finally slowly raised his head to stare at Allen's eyes. He could feel the anger coming from them, obviously something had happened to him. Slowly the gears began to turn in his head, he honestly didn't have a good response, when finally he had something to respond to him, he opened his mouth to talk, "Allen... How can I fight him?" He asked, this was the first time he's ever asked for help, from anyone.
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm
User Image
second year - hufflepuff

allen w. rhoddes

– Leonard Bernstein
– Lyndon B. Johnson

¦¦
Allen's eyes softened as he realized that might be the only question he could never answer.
He had fought, to be sure. Allen had lived with what he expected Yia to have lived with as well and Allen's dreams and thoughts were still darkened. It was the war that never quite seized waging.
"By fighting." he whispered seriously after a silence.

There was nothing else he could tell him. Most definitely not his own battle, tell the boy of how he fought and theoretically won. How his father had fought as well. The boy, though he was in a similar situation, could not really on only one lesson from the past. Life is a test - you have your own knowledge and that of others, but the main part is written by discovering at the time. Figuring out puzzles when they appear.
Yia had his own way to fight and Allen would be in the wrong to think he could influence it.
¦¦

User Image

Pale Mist

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:04 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Yia could only just nod, it was obvious that Allen didn't know the right answer. "Allen, your in the same grade as him... Um... can you help me fight against him?" He asked, as he did so, he tore his eyes away from Allen's and looked down at the floor. He clenched his hands into tight fists, this was the first time he had ever confided into someone for help. This was the first time that he's needed anyone's help, he always did everything on his own.
User Image

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces