Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alora of the Valar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:21 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
I was wondering, I was out looking for a Tarot deck (found one) and I notice that nearly everyone said Faerie Magick Tarot or something..

I bought one that was a Faerie deck, what's the difference between them?

I bought a few other books but they're upstairs and don't remember the names razz

the difference has nothing to do with the personal look of the cards, it deals with who you are calling when you do a reading, a faerie is mostly for the faye and the others im not sure. I do light tarot. Christo got me pulled in when he became entangled in its vines of mystery ninja i was his tarot guinea pig. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:59 pm
x__CrimsonRegret
User Image

Accurate or no?

I got it from www.WitchWay.net

I found that site about a year or so ago.

Yes accurate.. but it makes me sad that they didn't list runs sad  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:01 pm
Atma311
About tarot cards, I have a book and some cards that say two different things. One says 8 is strength and 11 is justice while the other says the opposite. Which is right?

Traditionaly VIII is Strength and XI is Justice... but you see the thing is... it can varie on the deck and both can be just as accurate... but I'm sure the traditional way is there for a reason (I'm assuming for numerilogical purposes). Use wich ever you find to be more comfortable.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:55 pm
Alora Borealis
x__CrimsonRegret
I was wondering, I was out looking for a Tarot deck (found one) and I notice that nearly everyone said Faerie Magick Tarot or something..

I bought one that was a Faerie deck, what's the difference between them?

I bought a few other books but they're upstairs and don't remember the names razz

the difference has nothing to do with the personal look of the cards, it deals with who you are calling when you do a reading, a faerie is mostly for the faye and the others im not sure. I do light tarot. Christo got me pulled in when he became entangled in its vines of mystery ninja i was his tarot guinea pig. gonk

Well this is true to an extent... but I wouldn't really suggest calling anything into a reading unless you fully understand what your doing. For all intensive purposes especailly for novices or with new decks one should really just stick to the symbols... but this is my peronal belief...  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:03 pm
Keistera
My belief is that body language does have a lot to do with it. Sometimes, though, if you spend enough time with a person, some things happen that make you think you're a "telepath." You finish each other's sentences, you seem to know what the other is going to say... aside from stuff like that, I think "Telepathy" is more of a media thing. Fantasy.

Magic(k) is not the only aspect of Wicca and other Pagan religions. Some traditions don't incorporate it into practice at all. Wicca certainly isn't all about magic! You can have magic without Wicca, and vice-versa. Ceremonial magicians, for example. Groups like Golden Dawn and O.T.O. (which Wicca has basis from). You can't tell a Wiccan by looking at him or her (I dress in Ozzy shirts, entirely in black, and a single small pentacle. I've been asked if I was a Satanist, but not Pagan or Wiccan). I say "Pagan or Wiccan", even though Wicca is Pagan (but you don't have to be Wiccan to be Pagan).

There isn't enough room on gaia to get into defining Paganism. Everyone has a different idea of what it is. Some say "Non Christian Religion", others say "Earth-Based Religion"... there are several ideas.

Again, I'm going off-topic. I'm sure a lot of the things I've learned will be debunked somehow, but we're all here to learn (and some are here to teach)

... Time to run away. razz (I hope I didn't ruin your discussion post idea... lol!)

heh... both definitions are accurate. Pagan actually means (country side). When Christianity went into the cities all those who lived in the country side weren't realy affected by it so they came to be known as the Pagans... which was non-christian but also earth based at the same time.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:08 pm
Atma311
My friend is suffering from daily chronic migraines and is looking for a magickal remedy since the doctors ran out of ideas 2 years ago. She's tried a lot of magickal remedies already, but if you have any that I could share with her, I'd be most grateful and so would she. Thanks!! 3nodding

(okay if you guys haven't noticed im a bit of an insomniac)

Actually believe it or not as corney as it sounsd... go to Bath and Body works and pick up some Euculyptis Lemon spray. It is SOOO relaxing. I put it on my pillow before going to bed everynight.  

Aloyseus_Wolf

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:23 pm
Okay question for all you guys.
How old is everyone?

i'm an 18 year old seeker of lycian wicca. I would go further into my beliefs but it would take up too much space. if your that interested im me or pm me.

or better yet, check out the high priestest web page http://www.lycianwicca.org/index.htm  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:39 am
To Aloyseus_Wolf-

Alora Has very valid points with the tarot and its time to back up what she has said. The Cards were originally deemed in ancient egypt. By Ramses the third I believed. They were originally used as a way for the pharoah to connect with the gods better. The cards showed the pharoah what he needed to see. When you do a reading you are calling apon something.(depending on what deck) to give you an anwser. You are not summoning people. Its kind of like praying for help. Secondly Lycan is a term deeming to werewolves is it not? Well in all actuallity I don't feel that Wicca can incorpetate Lycan beliefs together. Its like trying to be athiest and christian. I'm sure some pieces fit together but theres always those that don't fit at all. The website I wouldn't deem as too reliable but go with what you feel. I'm giving Jameta a run for her money with my rants. She usually posts papers everytime people ask her a question, I have the same disease. gonk  

Elven Prince CJ

Elven Prince CJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:43 am
Well all is good except the W in theban scripture. I write it differently. There are like 5 variations though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:05 am
Computer_Junkie
To Aloyseus_Wolf-

Alora Has very valid points with the tarot and its time to back up what she has said. The Cards were originally deemed in ancient egypt. By Ramses the third I believed. They were originally used as a way for the pharoah to connect with the gods better. The cards showed the pharoah what he needed to see. When you do a reading you are calling apon something.(depending on what deck) to give you an anwser. You are not summoning people. Its kind of like praying for help. Secondly Lycan is a term deeming to werewolves is it not? Well in all actuallity I don't feel that Wicca can incorpetate Lycan beliefs together. Its like trying to be athiest and christian. I'm sure some pieces fit together but theres always those that don't fit at all. The website I wouldn't deem as too reliable but go with what you feel. I'm giving Jameta a run for her money with my rants. She usually posts papers everytime people ask her a question, I have the same disease. gonk
Pfft, I have not begun to type in the new SSG version. whee

On the age question, I'm in my later teens... though I physically feel like an old hag a good deal of the time. xp I can be mean like one, if I want to.  

Jameta
Captain

Elven Prince CJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:01 am
19 here. I feel oldies. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:19 pm
Just turned 16 x_X  

x__CrimsonRegret

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:33 pm
Computer_Junkie
To Aloyseus_Wolf-

uuh... no. Actually Lycian Wicca has nothing to do with werewolves. Lycian Wicca was established in 1986 so it IS an official path. Lycian only means "wolf like" doesn't automatically presume werewolves. Lycian Wicca's Heirarchy is set up like that of a pack of wolves among other things, this is why it is called Lycian Wicca. I actually know the High Priestest very well and have been in communication with her for about 3 years now, so I know what it is about the path that I like so much. Maybe... you should take a closer look at the website??? Perhaps maybe the FAQ?

http://www.lycianwicca.org/index.htm

As for the Tarot... that is debatable. There is no hard proof as to where the Tarot came from. My personal belief is that it is a accumilation of different sources that bring it to what it is today.

EDIT: Forgive me if I seem antagonistic, but I tend to get on the defensive side a lot... esepcially when werewolves are involved. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:53 pm
Wicca is a religion that has a set hierarchy. There are no "real" branches except Gardnerian they may be considered branches but Since Gardner made the religion there are no other real wiccan branches. The tarot started in egypt. Modern tarot has influences from everywhere. never said it didn't but the tarot started in Egypt.  

Elven Prince CJ

Aloyseus_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:16 pm
Computer_Junkie
Wicca is a religion that has a set hierarchy. There are no "real" branches except Gardnerian they may be considered branches but Since Gardner made the religion there are no other real wiccan branches. The tarot started in egypt. Modern tarot has influences from everywhere. never said it didn't but the tarot started in Egypt.

Well then, since this subject is HIGHLY debatable and there seems to be no real solution accept for in the opinions of individual minds. We are just going to have to agree to disagree...  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games