Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 03. Entertainment [Music, Art, Television, Movies, etc.]
ALG Art Walk__//Share your art and get some feedback! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ezra

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm
Sir Shane Nickolas

@Ezra - what model is your camera? The pictures look amazing. I have a Nikon but the pictures don't usually look that great... Haha.

I use a Canon Rebel XTi paired with a Canon EF 50MM f/1.8 prime lens. Is your Nikon a DSLR? And if so, are you shooting in RAW format? Also, Nikon offers a 50MM f/1.8 lens as well at an extremely decent price ($140) that I would recommend to any portrait or still life photographer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:16 pm
User Image

XD my scanner isn't connecting with my comp! ggrrr  

iCanisLupus

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:41 am
Here are some shots I took for a friend's daughter's 1st birthday. I set up a studio in my sister and brother in law's house, and then used their property for the outdoor shots.
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:35 pm
I photographed my friends Tim and James again. They're always so adorable!
User Image
User Image
User Image

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Sir Shane Nickolas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:48 pm
Ezra
Sir Shane Nickolas

@Ezra - what model is your camera? The pictures look amazing. I have a Nikon but the pictures don't usually look that great... Haha.

I use a Canon Rebel XTi paired with a Canon EF 50MM f/1.8 prime lens. Is your Nikon a DSLR? And if so, are you shooting in RAW format? Also, Nikon offers a 50MM f/1.8 lens as well at an extremely decent price ($140) that I would recommend to any portrait or still life photographer.

It is. I just use auto, sometimes the "scenery" or moving objects option (not really sure what they're actually called). What's the RAW format?
Also, do you use photoshop or do your pictures come out like that?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:42 am
Sir Shane Nickolas
Ezra
Sir Shane Nickolas

It is. I just use auto, sometimes the "scenery" or moving objects option (not really sure what they're actually called). What's the RAW format?
Also, do you use photoshop or do your pictures come out like that?
RAW is an image file format. It's uncompressed, unlike a JPEG, so there is more color information so you can do a LOT more with the post-editing of your photos. A RAW file is exactly the image that the censor picks up before being compressed. You do need software to view and edit RAW files, such as Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop with the RAW plugin. You should try getting to know your camera some more; study aperture, shutter speed and ISO, then learn how to adjust them on your camera and try using your camera in manual mode rather than the beginner modes. When you know how to control the shutter speed and aperture and use the right ISO for different lighting you are able to better control the outcome of your final photo since you have better control over the exposure. And yes, I do post editing on every single photo I take. These photos are my art, therefore I want them to look exactly the way I want them to, and being able to control the colors and exposure and a lot more in the RAW editing, I am able to achieve that.

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 pm

Here is a concept I've had in my mind for a long time, and I was finally able to create it. I'm really happy with this, because I perfectly replicated the image I had in my mind.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 am
I took photos of my ex fiancé John today. It was a lot of fun goofing off with him for a while.
User Image
User Image
User Image

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:27 pm
A couple more that I just finished:
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:54 pm
Wow. Everything on here is really good. I wish i could show some of mine but I dont have a camera or a scanner. All I do is Alt Art anyway.

Romantic V

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:58 pm
Romantic V
Wow. Everything on here is really good. I wish i could show some of mine but I dont have a camera or a scanner. All I do is Alt Art anyway.
Get a camera!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 pm
Let's see some more art!

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 am
My friend Latima:
User Image
User Image

My friend Gabe
This shoot was a lot of fun:
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 am
I did my first full session with a drag queen on Wednesday! Actually, it was two drag queens and a guy [also a drag queen but not for the shoot]. They actually happen to be three of my best friends.
Asia Ho Jackson:
User Image

ChiChi Pussyculo:
User Image

Chonga Bonga:
User Image

User Image

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Ezra

6,975 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:58 pm
Been a while since I've posted in this thread. I photographed one of the queens in the photos I posted just a year ago again over the weekend. I would have to say that my style and quality has changed quite a bit.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Hope you guys enjoy them, I have big plans for these photos, as well as many more photos that I plan on taking of a few more PDX drag queens.

03. Entertainment [Music, Art, Television, Movies, etc.]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff