Submit

So...whatcha think?
  P3AT / LCP
  lol ur never getting ccw so get a 1911!
View Results

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am
Fresnel
For the record, I'm only not answering because I don't know. Check gunbroker and other online auction sites, maybe? Should at least give you a ballpark.

Thanks anyways. It was sold, but I found it was a bit high given the condition.

I'm pretty well set with the 1911 A1 idea now, unless I find a really great deal somewhere. Thanks for the help.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:16 am
Man of the Demoneye
Fresnel
For the record, I'm only not answering because I don't know. Check gunbroker and other online auction sites, maybe? Should at least give you a ballpark.

Thanks anyways. It was sold, but I found it was a bit high given the condition.

I'm pretty well set with the 1911 A1 idea now, unless I find a really great deal somewhere. Thanks for the help.
only problem I see with the 1911A1
very subtle,low sitting notch and blade sights. not very easy to aquire

I'd look for a 1911 with a 3 dot sight config  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:08 am
Thanks guys, the wheels are turning on a RIA 1911 tactical. As far as I can tell, it's about as close to my dream gun as I can get. All I have to do is wait for the dealer to get it in, then I can start paperwork. I'm planing on doing it next saturday at the giant fall shoot of epicness (but that will be a different thread), then about a week after that I will post pics.

I have to see what kind of sights are on it. Likely I will replace them with some green 3 dots if I feel like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:47 am
Man of the Demoneye
Thanks guys, the wheels are turning on a RIA 1911 tactical. As far as I can tell, it's about as close to my dream gun as I can get. All I have to do is wait for the dealer to get it in, then I can start paperwork. I'm planing on doing it next saturday at the giant fall shoot of epicness (but that will be a different thread), then about a week after that I will post pics.

I have to see what kind of sights are on it. Likely I will replace them with some green 3 dots if I feel like it.
theyre most likely a white 3 dot pattern

just as long as you have the tactical and not the 1911A1

if it's the A1 you would have to take it to someone to cut the slide to be able to install new sights  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:38 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Man of the Demoneye

theyre most likely a white 3 dot pattern

just as long as you have the tactical and not the 1911A1

if it's the A1 you would have to take it to someone to cut the slide to be able to install new sights

It is the tactical, not the A1. I'm thinking of going fiber optic one day. I'll have to try out stock first, though.

In even better news, I just got back from the fun shop and bought myself a birthday present. I should be able to have it by Sunday (not saturday, why did I say saturday) at the fall shoot we have here. More on that, the dealer said he's going to take some of his NFA stuff there plus an 8mm 1919 with 35,000 rds. of ammo for people to try. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:33 pm
Got to try out my new RIA 1911 Tactical yesterday. Works great! Far more accurate than I am. Once I got used to it and forced myself to stop jerking the trigger, I was able to pick off clays @ 25 yds. Still think I am going to replace the sights with 3 dot ones eventually. I put 100 rds of whitebox through it, then 100 rds of Tul, and another 100 whitebox. Only had one failure to feed with the tula, but I'm blaming that on cheap steel casings.

Unfortunately, I had to give it back to the dealer since he only brought it to the range so I could try it out. Paperwork still hasn't come through yet, so it was a bittersweet moment. We worked it out so I can pick it up at the fun show this weekend, so expect pics by Sunday.  

Man of the Demoneye

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces