Welcome to Gaia! ::

z!Spot

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to support zOMG! and get as many new players as we can to play our MMO! 

Tags: zOMG!, zOMG! Support, zOMG! Devs, zOMG! Events, Contests and Events 

Reply z!Spot zOMG! Supporters!
zOMG! Pride week! HELP WANTED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:22 pm
Sensual Soul
Hey everyone. I've made another thread with a list of what we could do each day. I've aim for one in game and one in forum event each day. I don't want to take on too much if there isn't the help to cover itj, but would love to do three if we can find the help and the ideas!

Thanks helping ! Red will keep us organized since I tend to jump about a bit. xp

Start poking me if you need to talk. My Skype user is sensualsoul1 if you want to chat one on one other then that post in these two threads. We really need art for the headers and for some signature banners (Clickable ones would be great) so if you know of anyone? You really don't want me to have to come up with something. >.< I really do suck at it!

And if you need to poke me, it's
red.kutai; we've got a guild Skype listing, if you'd like to add to it, or just add some people. But, yes, I'll be trying to retain some modicum of order, without stifling all this wonderful creativity too much. Mostly, I think I'll just be cleaning up after-the-fact. sweatdrop

Also, for the events: we're considering theming the week after the various areas in-game: Village Greens the first day, Bill's Ranch the second, Zen Gardens on the third, all the way till Otami Ruins on the 7th day. When applying themes to your events, consider trying to fit the idea around one of those areas, as that'll help us fit those events into a certain part of week...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 pm
Different...Very.
Ooooh, Rafi and I can probably host the games and stuff, right Rafi? biggrin I hosted the "Just for Fun" stuff during Awareness Week just to do it. You remember? The races and the I Am gathering?

yes I remember, it's what led me to join the LGTYYY guild, lol!

And yes, I would be glad to help out in any way I can.  

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

Red Kutai

Benevolent Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Okay, I've been trying to spend my (newly procured) free time coming up with ideas for events - ideally to fit the themes for the areas. I haven't come up with much, yet, but I'll lay out what's come to mind, and maybe our more creative minds can build on them? sweatdrop

Village Greens - The Greens is based around Goof, more or less. I was trying to come up with a game where scoring lower is better than higher, to fit that theme. Any better ideas?

Bill's Ranch - Ranching, farming... Er...? eek There's a reason they don't make ranching games; ranching isn't fun. gonk We could push it, and go for something cowboy themed, if anyone can think of anything there.

Zen Gardens - I'm sure there are plenty of Gaians who know plenty more about Japan than I do, and I hope one of them can come up with an idea for this. Any takers?

Bass'ken Lake - Fishing, hunting, camping? Something outdoors-y. I feel a little useless, 'cause I'm not giving any actual ideas. whee

Old Aqueduct - Er... We could stretch it to aliens, for the P3s and the Hive? Anything space-y, y'think?

I'm getting less and less helpful as this goes on, so I think I'll give it a break, for now. If I actually manage to come up with anything more precise, I'll come back and edit it in... whee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:26 am
for Bill's maybe something with the cow I Ams?

And ranching would be exciting, lol, stampedes! brandings! rustlers!  

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

Atrash the Squidmonger
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:05 am
Red Kutai

Okay, I've been trying to spend my (newly procured) free time coming up with ideas for events - ideally to fit the themes for the areas. I haven't come up with much, yet, but I'll lay out what's come to mind, and maybe our more creative minds can build on them? sweatdrop

Village Greens - The Greens is based around Goof, more or less. I was trying to come up with a game where scoring lower is better than higher, to fit that theme. Any better ideas?

Hmm....

Simulated Goof. People dress up as goof balls, run away from other people when "hit" (vaguely in the direction opposite from the player). The amount of force in the hit... maybe have the player decide how much they're hitting it (in a numbered scale, with the number declared meaning the number of seconds the ball should run)? I don't remember goof that well.

Gnome versus Barton Guard war? People dress up either with Lawn Gnome related clothing, or guard wear (at least something identifying - not a need for the whole outfit). Gnomes bring the buff Pot Lid, Guards bring the buff Rock Armor (or whatever buffs would be best). Maybe have other restrictions to what rings they can have (for example, maybe only Guns, to protect themselves, and the buff in question). Gnomes start by the big mushroom, Guards start by Leon. At a call, both teams race out, trying to buff each other without getting the enemy's buffs themselves. After a given time, the teams are called to report back to one area - people check what buffs they each have (and higher rage ranks add extra points). Team with fewer points scored against them wins.

In a similar vein, perhaps a Gnome Sweetheart Game. Everyone dresses up as Gnomes. Get a couple people with the Sweetheart ring. Put them in a crew. Give them Coyote Spirit and Fleet Feet buffs. Their job is to tag as many people as possible with Sweetheart. Everyone else's job is to avoid the buff - by reporting where the buffers are to each other, running, hiding, or whatever.

Courier Gnomes. Ringless, buffless players have to race from checkpoint to checkpoint (where their teams would be cheering them on, healing them and killing the enemies that followed them - but these teams couldn't leave the section of the map they are on, and teams would be stretched out between the different checkpoints), criss-crossing through danger zones.

Quote:
Bill's Ranch - Ranching, farming... Er...? eek There's a reason they don't make ranching games; ranching isn't fun. gonk We could push it, and go for something cowboy themed, if anyone can think of anything there.

Hiding cows? First person to find them all wins? Or helpless (ringless) cows starting at different areas on the map. People must go out, defib them if necessary, heal and buff them and guide them back to safety (maybe crewing with a cow will get them to follow you). Rewards for each cow.

Cow Whodunit? Cows are again hiding around the various places. People have to talk to each cow, which will respond to whispers, giving out clues to a ridiculous mystery.

Quote:
Zen Gardens - I'm sure there are plenty of Gaians who know plenty more about Japan than I do, and I hope one of them can come up with an idea for this. Any takers?

Quote:
Bass'ken Lake - Fishing, hunting, camping? Something outdoors-y. I feel a little useless, 'cause I'm not giving any actual ideas. whee

zOMG campfire ghost stories? Stories acted out?

Quote:
Old Aqueduct - Er... We could stretch it to aliens, for the P3s and the Hive? Anything space-y, y'think?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:32 pm
OMFG! I love both the cow ideas!! How about we do the Whodunit thing with some other map... maybe Barton Town, but then have the Stoocie's family thing in Bill's!  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Atrash the Squidmonger
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:57 am
Old Aqueduct - Mock trial/mock diplomacy between the terrors and the predi-pups? People take sides and argue their cases? Maybe collecting evidence or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:08 am
It could be people dressed up as Barton Guards around Barton Town offering info about this murder mystery 3nodding  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 am
RafiCat
Different...Very.
Ooooh, Rafi and I can probably host the games and stuff, right Rafi? biggrin I hosted the "Just for Fun" stuff during Awareness Week just to do it. You remember? The races and the I Am gathering?

yes I remember, it's what led me to join the LGTYYY guild, lol!

And yes, I would be glad to help out in any way I can.

Alright, so sign Different...Very. and RafiCat to the list! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 am
Different...Very.
It could be people dressed up as Barton Guards around Barton Town offering info about this murder mystery 3nodding

Maybe a multiple step murder mystery thing between the days for Village Greens, Zen Gardens, and Bassken - the maps bordering Barton. Village Greens would be a sort of "trailer" for it, almost - setting the scene, discussing rumors of what happened, perhaps giving an idea of the setting, the politics and social circles around the events. Perhaps someone asks the various players to go investigate it. The actual mystery would be based around the Zen/Bassken border (and that is a pretty lawless little border - the Shewolf den could be a major location). Zen Gardens would help people gather up clues and give suggestions to the guards. Bassken would provide the clues that could tie everything together (especially if the suggestions given in Zen were smart ones, and the guards coming back from those actions are very enlightening), and the finale of the event. Perhaps dealing with stuff like capturing the murderer or whatever would transition the event smoothly into another event.  

Atrash the Squidmonger
Crew

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:23 am
Sounds intricate O_O  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 am
Ya know, I'd like it if we can have some sort of clan thing. Did they decide that they were never going to get the clan chat back up again? I tried to push my clan really hard one time. We got a color scheme and had outfitted get-togethers and everything, but that lack of chat and any perk to being in the clan really killed things.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm
Different...Very.
Sounds intricate O_O

ROFL

This from someone who specializes in complex activities!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:35 am
Yeah redface But seeing it from the other side intimidates me! xD  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

RafiCat
Crew

Mega Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am