Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
The Mojave Wasteland Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 pm
I found the crashed Vertibird site which was heavily defended by about six or seven Sentry Bots (including Hardened Sentry Bots) and a few Mr. Gutsies. I'm really glad I'd bought some .308 Armor Piercing Rounds just beforehand. Boone and I were taking them, but they brought him down about halfway through because he doesn't take cover. I ducked behind a life-saving large rocky outcrop which blocked all their missile attacks, or sometimes the missiles would just go by or over me and explode harmlessly in the distance. The scoped hunting rifle is excellent. I was using it to get about thirteen one-hit kills in a row from the mountains by the near nuclear waste disposal site. Feral ghouls, reavers, roamers, and glowing ones all met swift ends and I didn't have a single one of them come after me. It's really enjoyable to get headshots when their heads are about as thick as the crosshairs. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 pm
I have maxed sneak, silent running, stealthboys, and the explorer perk so I'll bet I can take on all those robots. biggrin

Also I finally got a sniper rifle so I replaced Boone's hunting rifle with the sniper. Boone's voice reminds me of Mack from Future Weapons.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:33 am
I was going to buy a sniper rifle, but instead I bought an Anti-Materiel Rifle. Haven't gotten to really do anything with it. However, before I got that, I went hunting for the most dangerous game. And I don't mean people, I mean ******** Deathclaws (for the record I don't advocate ******** Deathclaws).

But yeah, I decided to take on the quarry. No Boone, no Stealth Boys. Just me and six or seven Deathclaws, the Alpha Male, Mother, and a few babies. Let me tell you the magical formula. Hunting Revolver + Sneak Attack Critical + Better Criticals + Pyscho + Head shot = one-hit kill on any standard Deathclaw. I worked my way through with that where I could, my ever-trusty Hunting Rifle, and the Hunting Shotgun with slugs for when the bastards got to me. Eventually I worked my way to a semi-elevated scaffolding and laid down a line of frag mines at the only way onto it, then perched myself at the other end and just took pot-shots at the remainder, which never even got up to me. So I got the Alpha Male's hand and put it on the TV in my hotel room as a trophy and was going to do something with the mother's eggs, but they look kind of disgusting.

Speaking of the Hunting Revolver, it's an oddity. Designed like a cross between a Single-Action Army and a Colt Navy revolver, but fires in double-action and the cylinder is a swing-out to reload and chambered in .45-70. Which would have seriously intense recoil. I really think they just pulled that one out of their a**. Not that I don't love it. Note to self: get high-power revolver and put a scope on it, don't worry about rifles. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:47 am
I tried the quarry with Boone but I took some high ground that was difficult to stand on and he couldn't maneuver on it so they got him. I don't have the better crits perk so I just used the sniper rifle. It took 2 hits to take them down. With better crits I could probably 1 hit them.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas