HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
this is why we buy everything now.

i'll be damned if im going to waste precious time going after ammo all day

but worst case scenario...being on vacation on Z-day means we may only have with us a pistol and/or a shotgun with limited supply of ammo in the vehicle if we were fortunate enough to travel by car.
then most of us would really need to worry about ammo.

Your reserve will dry up eventually then what? All your commonplace ammunition is gone from most stores.
ya know what.. im not even going to use the vacation scenario, because its pretty much the same as being unarmed... in that situation im likely a dead man anyway.

when z day happens im 99 percent POSITIVE im going to be home with my weapons and ammo.

sure it will all dry up eventually
but the very fact that that ammo is not going to be there on Z-day is why you stock up now.

what is stocked on wally world shelves should be MINUSCULE compared to what you should have now.

I order my ammo online,it's usually cheaper and there is no "box limit" bullshit.

not to mention that wally world doesnt stock russian 5.45 ammo.

the guy who keeps little ammo on hand and the guy who rushes to the walmart at the last minute to find nothing are both the same guy to me....
Heh you got an AK-74. Never thought I'd meet someone who had one of those super compact assault rifles.
it's not compact as I'd like it to be.

my AR15 is just a little bit shorter than my 74.

I will have a krinkov 74 built for me eventually though

either that or i'll get an NDS receiver for a 74 and a parts kit and I will build it at a local AK build party.
theres some people I know who get together to share knowledge and skills as well as tools for assembling AK's
Semi or full auto?
semi. I would have to register a krinkov as a short barrled rifle.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:39 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
good luck. those "dismantled" grenades were never even real grenades to begin with, theyre the old type of practice grenade before the m67 frag and it's training equivalent came out
the grenade bodies of those dummy grenades are different than actual grenades.

grenades use legitimate explosives, composition b in the core.

I highly doubt that black powder would be strong enough to explode the walls of a tougher than hell dummy grenade. if I had to guess, it would most likely behave like a mini cannon and explode out of the hole you filled it from
Dismantled Mills Bombs? I didn't even think they made a training version of those.
I guess if it was an old brit mills then they might be worth a try.

I dont think black powder would do it much justice either way
It'd work great if you knew how to make improvised nitro.

Could you use smokeless powder in these things?

smokeless powder has more power, clean burning and it burns much faster and violently.
more likely to work in a handbomb than black powder

as for smokeless powder, I know it has nitro-cellulose in it.
And now I know what to fill Mills Bombs with. Thanks Recon.  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 pm
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
good luck. those "dismantled" grenades were never even real grenades to begin with, theyre the old type of practice grenade before the m67 frag and it's training equivalent came out
the grenade bodies of those dummy grenades are different than actual grenades.

grenades use legitimate explosives, composition b in the core.

I highly doubt that black powder would be strong enough to explode the walls of a tougher than hell dummy grenade. if I had to guess, it would most likely behave like a mini cannon and explode out of the hole you filled it from
Dismantled Mills Bombs? I didn't even think they made a training version of those.

smokeless powder has more power, clean burning and it burns much faster and violently.

let me know how it goes.

I know it's probably the best thing available to use that I know of at least.

since comp b isnt sold to the public  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:48 am
090Freak090
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
This is why I ******** love the idea of the S&W 610 as a PAW gun. Found some .40? Shoot it. Found some 10mm? Shoot it. Two uncommon ammo types, and it shoots them both. Awesome. And, because it's standardized just like any other S&W N-frame, holsters and accessories are abundant.
I heard there was a Glock with custom slides and barrel that could shoot both .40 S&W and 9mm.
I doubt that... they do use the same size magazine, but the mouth is different, I'm sure. They also need a new recoil spring, a new barrel, a new slide... interchangeability between 9mm and 10mm rounds is rather difficult.

If the frames stay the same all you would really need is another slide, barrel, recoil-spring, etc... which would way all but one pound then all you do is swap slides and bam your done.
Have you ever handled a field-stripped Glock? The parts you described are 95% of the weight of the gun. The frame and all the little parts contained within weigh only a few ounces.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:50 am
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
Floyd
HelloJohnnyBlade
So discuss what is the most likely ammo that a lot of people aren't going to picking in the crisis?

.17 HWM (or any .17 caliber round)
.22 Long Rifle (or long or short)
.22 Magnum
.243 Win.
16 gauge shotgun
20 gauge shotgun

The first three will be considered far too lightweight to be of use against the walking dead, but would still be of value for hunting small game.
The fourth is uncommon yet so effective in the right load that it was considered strongly against the 5.56 NATO back in the day.

I threw in two odd shotgun rounds. I love my 20 gauge Remington 870 Express with shot and deer slug barrels. I rarely see 16 gauge ammo anywhere these days.
.22LR will be among the first to go. Blame Max Brooks. Yeah, he's a retarded ********, but so is a lot of America, and they follow him like a god.
.22 magnum would also go quite fast.
The guns aren't common enough. I know of a few bolt-action rifles, and that one Kel-Tec pistol, but not much else in .22WMR.
What about that S&W 8 shot you got me on in that GD thread? That's not common? What about the single actions and Derringers that take it?
Anyone who'd use a single-action or derringer against zombies is so ******** retarded they won't be able to find the trigger. And the S&W... no, not common. Sure, they sell it, but it's no Glock 19. I doubt they get that many sales.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:04 am
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985

let me know how it goes.

Well first I got to scrounge up 35 dollars and create a fuze and an igniter for that fuze any ideas?  

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:11 am
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
.22LR will be among the first to go. Blame Max Brooks. Yeah, he's a retarded ********, but so is a lot of America, and they follow him like a god.
The guns aren't common enough. I know of a few bolt-action rifles, and that one Kel-Tec pistol, but not much else in .22WMR.
What about that S&W 8 shot you got me on in that GD thread? That's not common? What about the single actions and Derringers that take it?
Anyone who'd use a single-action or derringer against zombies is so ******** retarded they won't be able to find the trigger. And the S&W... no, not common. Sure, they sell it, but it's no Glock 19. I doubt they get that many sales.
I see but I'm still theorizing that many people will pick up a single action not knowing anything about them.

What about Mosin enthusiasts taking their rifles into Z-Day how common do you think that will be?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:02 pm
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
HelloJohnnyBlade
Fresnel
I see but I'm still theorizing that many people will pick up a single action not knowing anything about them.

What about Mosin enthusiasts taking their rifles into Z-Day how common do you think that will be?
It'll be quite difficult to get your hands on any weapon you don't already own. I doubt many people will get to use a single-action, and if they DO, they won't be nabbing the one with the tiny bullets.

Hey, the rifle won, like, eight wars, a couple of those against itself. It's not ineffective.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:13 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
ya know what.. im not even going to use the vacation scenario, because its pretty much the same as being unarmed... in that situation im likely a dead man anyway.

when z day happens im 99 percent POSITIVE im going to be home with my weapons and ammo.

but the very fact that that ammo is not going to be there on Z-day is why you stock up now.

what is stocked on wally world shelves should be MINUSCULE compared to what you should have now.

I order my ammo online,it's usually cheaper and there is no "box limit" bullshit.

the guy who keeps little ammo on hand and the guy who rushes to the walmart at the last minute to find nothing are both the same guy to me....
Heh you got an AK-74. Never thought I'd meet someone who had one of those super compact assault rifles.

either that or i'll get an NDS receiver for a 74 and a parts kit and I will build it at a local AK build party.
theres some people I know who get together to share knowledge and skills as well as tools for assembling AK's
Semi or full auto?

What about a Draco? I'm fairly certain they are registered as pistols but they don't have a stock, obviously.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:18 pm
HelloJohnnyBlade
Maddness91
HelloJohnnyBlade
If you want to make IEDs buy some dismantled grenades at an army surplus shop and fill them with black powder, it comes in canisters or boxes of tablets and not very many people are going to be using muzzle loaders in Z-Day.
i don;t want to do anything... what i can do with rounds that i find that i can t shoot out of a gun that i don't have is use them for something else... and to the "not many people will use muzzle loaders" implying i'm going to find loose leaf BP... like i said, if i saw ANYTHING remotely explosive, or hell even remotely usefull... grab and go on day 1... and there's more than 1 person like me... especially when people are scared... hence adding to Recon's point of "supply now, be ready later"

Quote:
If you plan on barricading yourself somewhere your reserves are going to go dry even if you reload your spent casings at some point then you're screwed because you have nothing left to shoot, powder, bullet tips and primer to reload, and you're stuck with a close combat melee weapon that is your ammo depleted gun.
who isn;t going to barricade themselves in somewhere? i don;t understand your point apparently... i understand that yeah, i'm going to run out of ammo at somepoint... hopefully not before i get a good place... hopefully i'll be prepared with enough ammo to get me through hell until i find the door out... people are going to die because they try to shoot and they hear a "click" (i know they won;t actually hear "click", but the metaphor stands)... i get it...

Quote:
We could take Recon Nin's idea and buy a shark suit and go full on melee since the undead couldn't harm us in said suit. Though we'd have to find the perfect melee weapon to do so.
we went over chain mail / shark suits in another thread, and for me personally... i 'd rather get bitten and be done with it than grabbed and swung around for 3 hours until i get beaten/crushed/gnawed to death... but that's just me... xp
How would you get gnawed to death in a shark suit? neutral

The point is that barricading and your current ammo supply isn't going to cut it if you want to live long enough to die from something other than zombies and idiots with guns. Like suppose you do make past the initial stages of Z-Day and everyone else whose survived along with you has calmed down and accepted their reality. What then?

I know were heading off in a different direction from the original topic but what is your plan after the panic?
shark suit doesn;t prevent pressure... u get a guy biting you, it;s going to hurt... u get 12 guys biting you, ur screwed sometime...

after the panic you go out and rebuild... find the colonies, find humanity, find some land to call your new home... and start building... like what else is there? u prepare, you survive, you go back to living...  

Maddness91

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:41 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985

Semi or full auto?

What about a Draco? I'm fairly certain they are registered as pistols but they don't have a stock, obviously.
draco's are built as pistols.

if you take the stock off of an AK rifle and make the barrel shorter than 16 inches it will have to be registered as an SBR. the law wont allow it to be called a "pistol"

so due to that dracos MUST be originally built as pistols to be recognized by law as pistols. they are made by american companies using domestic receivers (like most US ak's are already) and domestic barrels and parts. and built off of Romanian AIMR kits

the foreign parts you would see on them would be the bolt, charging handle, recoil spring, gas tube, grip,sights and handguards. most of the parts anyway

you can always turn a 7.62 draco pistol into an SBR type false krinkov by adding a stock... but its still not exactly a true krinkov... never was never will be  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:21 am
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985

let me know how it goes.

Well first I got to scrounge up 35 dollars and create a fuze and an igniter for that fuze any ideas?
sparklers are perfect fuzes. (the metal rod kind)

incredibly simple, hard as hell to put out, and gives you the option of a timed detonation for safety reasons, cut it to make it blow sooner. perfect for improvized anti-zombie exploding stuff

sparklers are also perfect for making molotovs safer, cork em and duct tape a sparkler onto it, you can really chuck em that way without having to worry about a cloth than can be extinguished  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:18 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985

let me know how it goes.

incredibly simple, hard as hell to put out, and gives you the option of a timed detonation for safety reasons, cut it to make it blow sooner. perfect for improvized anti-zombie exploding stuff

sparklers are also perfect for making molotovs safer, cork em and duct tape a sparkler onto it, you can really chuck em that way without having to worry about a cloth than can be extinguished
Hard as hell to light to.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:34 pm
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985

let me know how it goes.

theres a remedy for that.
theres an awful lot of people in the survivalist community using vaseline soaked cotton balls as tinder. what you can do is stick the sparkler through the vaseline soaked cotton ball about an inch from the tip and ignite the tinder. it will start up reliably and faster than most other fire sources.

instantaneous vaseline cotton ball ignition

so, that being said. vaseline cottonball + sparkler = best and most reliable fuze money can buy  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:14 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
HelloJohnnyBlade
Recon_Ninja_985
let me know how it goes.

theres a remedy for that.
theres an awful lot of people in the survivalist community using vaseline soaked cotton balls as tinder. what you can do is stick the sparkler through the vaseline soaked cotton ball about an inch from the tip and ignite the tinder. it will start up reliably and faster than most other fire sources.

instantaneous vaseline cotton ball ignition

so, that being said. vaseline cottonball + sparkler = best and most reliable fuze money can buy
i'm ready to ******** s**t up now.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces