Heard of her?
  Yes!
  No....
  I just want gold.
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:35 am
Well, while it's not fantasy (at all, really), anyone here planning on or already reading/read Exit Strategy?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:51 pm
I'm never sure what to write, like when I request bookplates and stuff. It's so intimidating to write to an author.

And I'm going to read it, even though I haven't gotten it yet. D:

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:24 pm
I got it a couple days ago, and I'm about halfway through it now. I keep getting distracted, or going to do other things in the middle of reading it. So far, I have no idea who the killer is in the book. There are, like, no clues at all. Or maybe I'm just missing them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:02 pm
I bought No Humans Involved and liked it. Jamie is growing on me. Although her crush on Jeremy is a bit annoying.

Rabid Nozomi
It's sort of too late for this comment, but if you bought No Humans Involved in hardcover and sent her the receit through the mail, she would have sent you a goodie bag with all kinds of fancy things like bookmarks and stuff in it.

It's too late though, I think. D:

Unfortunately, I have to wait till it's paperback. D:

The online stories, especially the novellas with Clay, are amazing. XD

I am now heartbroken because I no longer have my reciept.  

Night-tears-cry

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 am
I think Jaime's crush is cute. n.n She acts like she's, like, 15 when she's in her forties, and it's just so funny.

So, finished Exit Strategy at like 3:00 yesterday morning. Loved the ending. I'm not sure why the ending was so good, but it made me happy. The way the group found random connections to turn them into clues was a bit confusing, but came together at the end. I'm definitely getting the next one.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:47 pm
Ooh, I finally got around to reading No Humans Involved. I loved the Jaime-Jeremy play, it really worked for me.

And I did enjoy the insight into Jeremy's character. Kelly Armstrong seems to write as if they were a pair of twenty year olds rather than a couple of mid-forties.
The rest of the plot wasn't spectacular, but it worked well with the story. And yeah, the bad guys weren't hard to spot. I found the humans learning magic bit an interesting point.  

Saiwen

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:37 pm
Personal Demon, the next book, is out now~

I wasn't even expecting it to be out until next month sometime, so I'm pretty surprised. Also, she's starting a new series. This time it's a young adult series based in the Women of the Otherworld universe, and it comes out in July. And the next book in the Women of the Otherworld series is going to be coming out in November or something, because apparently her editor wants it to be on a fall release schedule now.

That mailing list from her website is extremely useful. n.n  
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:43 pm
I got Personal Demon. I have to say, I'm somewhat disappointed with it. I like the characters, but the plot fails horribly. And I don't like the switching of narration. Since I don't read chapter titles, I can't keep track of who's talking for a couple paragraphs, and then I get confused and wonder what I skipped. I guess I can see why she's doing it (ot I'm sure I will eventually), but for now I really don't like it.

Now, I do like Karl, and Hope is a pretty good narrator, but I really prefer her older books. All aspects of them. And like I said, the plot in this book is just horrible. I'm only halfway through the book, and very little has happened in the actual plot. Maybe it'll get better. But for now, I'm very disappointed in it. All of Armstrong's other books have caught my attention and kept them through the rest of the book. I've started and finished two other books while still in the middle of this one. That's pretty sad.  

NightIntent
Captain

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:34 pm
So I picked up Bitten the other day...I'm only a few chapters in but I'm already hooked on her writing style. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done. 4laugh 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:10 am
I finished Personal Demon. It was... decent. Good for other authors, but not what I've come to expect from Armstrong. There was a really idiotic plot twist having to do with Jaz and Sonny. The ending wasn't too bad. Compared to the early books, the entire thing was kind aof a let-down, though. I have to say, I love Karl. He's just such a fun character. The sad thing is, she doesn't add too much of his personality in the book. It was more prominent in the short story where she introduced Hope.

FaeDreamer: The first few books are amazing. Dime Store Magic is still my favorite in the series. Paige is probably my favorite of all the narrators. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Axline

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:08 am
I've read all the books now. Personal Demons was okay but like everyone said wasn't the norm for Kelly. I'd still say my favorite is Bitten.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:15 pm
All right, I heart LOVE heart this series....I read the first two and am now on Dime Store magic...thanks a lot guys... rolleyes now I'm hooked.

LOL razz 3nodding biggrin  

FaeDreamer

Dapper Gaian

1,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:44 pm
That's what you get for taking recommendations! razz

How do you like Dime Store Magic so far?  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:18 am
Well now I'm glad I haven't forked over the money for Personal Demons in hardback. I guess maybe I'll wait til I get back stateside before buying it. (I didn't realize how much more expensive books are in England. ;; )  

Wissakins

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:27 am
Stateside and paperback. razz Honestly, I love Armstrong's series, but that book was kind of disappointing.

The next one comes out this fall sometime. I forget what it's called. I really hope it's better~

I wonder when the next Nadia Stafford book will come out. I loved Exit Strategy.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff