Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:30 am
hockeyboy96
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
I beat that one level solely with the SPAS-12 loaded with Dragon's Breath.
User Image

Not only is Dragonsbreath wholly ineffective against people, it also has next to no recoil; certainly not enough to cycle a semi-auto. And even if it did cycle a semi, it'd spew flaming magnesium out the ejection port.
Fres, it's a VIDEO GAME. I'm quite aware Dragonsbreath isn't effective on people and that it wouldn't work in a semi-auto. Didn't make setting people on fire with it any less awesome in the game.
That's what flamethrowers are for. I dislike stupid gimmicks that completely fail to be what they really are.
Dude, this is Call of Duty. The series has never been known for being totally realistic when it came to weapons.

Besides, the Flamethrower ******** sucks in the game. You have to get right up in their face to use it, because it's range is horrible. The damn Masterkey has better range on it.

I wonder IRL how long you have to bake someone with a flamethrower before they catch
If it touches them, it's all over. Their clothes are far more combustible than they are, and fabric burns long enough to massively ******** up whoever's inside it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:26 am
I've decided to go with the L96A1 for my standard sniper rifle now. I've been doing pretty well with it, but there's one issue. Apparently there's a "two second" rule, to where once scoped in if you don't wait about two seconds before firing, the shot will go wild and not hit even if aimed perfectly. So your beautiful snap-shot across the map means nothing even if you're good/lucky enough to get it. I want that s**t fixed.

Also, I stayed away from the snub-nose attachment on the Python based on principle (excuse me... hightened accuracy and lower recoil with a shorter barrel?) but it works well for me, and is about a three-shot kill anywhere on the body. Where I'd usually empty an entire magazine of the ASP at once for a kill. Of course that thing reloads like nobody's business.

In a recent domination match I had one of those setups where it was like I knew everything everyone was going to do before they did it. Set myself up on the western catwalk around the rocket launch station on (what was that map called?) and covered B, sniped three guys in a row. My claymore took out someone trying to get me from behind. I knew he was going to come right back so I pulled into a corner right next to where I was and sure enough he popped up. Took him out and continued. Used my killstreaks, dropped down to retake B while eliminating the opposition with my trusty revolver. But I ran back up to my spot and did a dive for no reason, ended up jumping out of the map. xd Still, good times.

Also the Uzi is pretty good with an open red dot sight like the larger, clear circle. Otherwise the small irons and high recoil make you lose your target easily.

And I'm noting a lot of people using the SPAS-12 with suppressor and steady-aim. It's really good if you can sneak up on people, and sometimes even if you can't.

The AK-47 I like a lot, but not quite as much as in MW2. In MW2 that was the only primary I ever got all attachments for, along with a couple of the callsigns/emblems. That thing can absolutely tear up with FMJ and slight of hand. I had plenty of success with it, just hated how late in the game you got it. But it retains its very predictable recoil pattern and general Russian awesomeness. But I rarely use assault rifles. I guess there's just not enough challenge with them because they tend to shoot like lasers. Usually perfectly accurate with little recoil and lots of damage.  

ArmasTermin

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:47 am
Fresnel
hockeyboy96
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fres, it's a VIDEO GAME. I'm quite aware Dragonsbreath isn't effective on people and that it wouldn't work in a semi-auto. Didn't make setting people on fire with it any less awesome in the game.
That's what flamethrowers are for. I dislike stupid gimmicks that completely fail to be what they really are.
Dude, this is Call of Duty. The series has never been known for being totally realistic when it came to weapons.

Besides, the Flamethrower ******** sucks in the game. You have to get right up in their face to use it, because it's range is horrible. The damn Masterkey has better range on it.

I wonder IRL how long you have to bake someone with a flamethrower before they catch
If it touches them, it's all over. Their clothes are far more combustible than they are, and fabric burns long enough to massively ******** up whoever's inside it.
Also most use a napalm esque fuel so it sticks AND burns!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:24 am
ArmasTermin
I've decided to go with the L96A1 for my standard sniper rifle now. I've been doing pretty well with it, but there's one issue. Apparently there's a "two second" rule, to where once scoped in if you don't wait about two seconds before firing, the shot will go wild and not hit even if aimed perfectly. So your beautiful snap-shot across the map means nothing even if you're good/lucky enough to get it. I want that s**t fixed.

Also, I stayed away from the snub-nose attachment on the Python based on principle (excuse me... hightened accuracy and lower recoil with a shorter barrel?) but it works well for me, and is about a three-shot kill anywhere on the body. Where I'd usually empty an entire magazine of the ASP at once for a kill. Of course that thing reloads like nobody's business.

In a recent domination match I had one of those setups where it was like I knew everything everyone was going to do before they did it. Set myself up on the western catwalk around the rocket launch station on (what was that map called?) and covered B, sniped three guys in a row. My claymore took out someone trying to get me from behind. I knew he was going to come right back so I pulled into a corner right next to where I was and sure enough he popped up. Took him out and continued. Used my killstreaks, dropped down to retake B while eliminating the opposition with my trusty revolver. But I ran back up to my spot and did a dive for no reason, ended up jumping out of the map. xd Still, good times.

Also the Uzi is pretty good with an open red dot sight like the larger, clear circle. Otherwise the small irons and high recoil make you lose your target easily.

And I'm noting a lot of people using the SPAS-12 with suppressor and steady-aim. It's really good if you can sneak up on people, and sometimes even if you can't.

The AK-47 I like a lot, but not quite as much as in MW2. In MW2 that was the only primary I ever got all attachments for, along with a couple of the callsigns/emblems. That thing can absolutely tear up with FMJ and slight of hand. I had plenty of success with it, just hated how late in the game you got it. But it retains its very predictable recoil pattern and general Russian awesomeness. But I rarely use assault rifles. I guess there's just not enough challenge with them because they tend to shoot like lasers. Usually perfectly accurate with little recoil and lots of damage.

The AK seems like it has too high of a rate of fire for an AK  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 pm
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin

The AK seems like it has too high of a rate of fire for an AK
saw a vid of the black ops ak on youtube.

the cyclic rate appears to be appropriate, but maybe a little bit faster

some variants of AK fire slow as hell while most are pretty close to as fast as the ones in black ops in black ops.

ive fired AK's with varying cyclic rates and it gets a little challenging when first picking them up to guess how you need to go about controlling it. usually after like the first 3 or 4 rounds you have a good idea of how to control that particular AK. either way most of them usually fire pretty fast.

and if one knew what they were doing, you can also change the cyclic rate by ******** around with the rate reducer  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:51 pm
"Aux grands maux les grands remèdes."

I have no money so I can't buy it. Also can't buy AC: Brotherhood because of the same problem. Planning on getting next week when all of the 1337 people have finished beating it, gotten bored with it, and sold it back to Gamestop. I have an EDGE card. :3 10% discount on used games.

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:46 pm
I love hearing people complain about the grenade launcher on the AKS-74u.

I have to ask, though, is that grenade launcher bolt-action? It looks like there's a small bolt on the back of it.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 pm
Fresnel
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.
How many times do I have to beat it to unlock Danny Glover?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 pm
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.
You have to find all the hidden Donuts and get the "Homer Simpson Would Be Proud" Achievement.

I heard that if you beat it on Veteran you unlock Sheriff Bart. Beat it with him and you get the "Where All The White Women At?" Achievement.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:17 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.
You have to find all the hidden Donuts and get the "Homer Simpson Would Be Proud" Achievement.

I heard that if you beat it on Veteran you unlock Sheriff Bart. Beat it with him and you get the "Where All The White Women At?" Achievement.
Goddamn you have to get a perfect jumping headshot on Veteran on the Drug Den level to get Denzel Washington!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:53 am
Smokestack Lightning
Requiem in Mortis
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.

Goddamn you have to get a perfect jumping headshot on Veteran on the Drug Den level to get Denzel Washington!!!
And if you complete the controversial "Home Invasion" level, on Veteran, without dying and only using a pistol, you unlock Samuel L. Jackson.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 am
Requiem in Mortis
Smokestack Lightning
Requiem in Mortis
Smokestack Lightning
Fresnel
User Image

Now THAT I'd play.

And if you complete the controversial "Home Invasion" level, on Veteran, without dying and only using a pistol, you unlock Samuel L. Jackson.
Play Veteran and on the SWAT Stakeout mission if you don't miss a single shot you get the SWAT Tactical vest and extra ammo capacity.

Riot Shield is earned from completing Crowd Control with only using a nightstick.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:43 pm
Requiem in Mortis

I have to ask, though, is that grenade launcher bolt-action? It looks like there's a small bolt on the back of it.

Sort of. You need to cycle the bolt, but manually insert the grenade like with a rifle grenade.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:02 pm
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis

Sort of. You need to cycle the bolt, but manually insert the grenade like with a rifle grenade.
Yea, I got that. I meant to cycle the blank cartridges.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff