7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:32 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
This is probably going to sound stupid, but can a gun chambered in .45 Win Mag fire .45 ACP?
yes you can.

just make sure you brush out the chamber REALLY good and make sure there is no leading left behind. you should do this after each shooting session with them and especially before you go back to shooting .45 win mag again through it.

not doing so could be dangerous
Alright, second question- is anything other than the Grizzly chambered in .45 Win Mag that isn't as rare as the Grizzly and/or drastically more expensive than a standard .45 ACP pistol?
theres something rarer that takes it. an AMT IV thats it though
thats about all my google fu can summon

I would reeeeally look into 10mm auto, it does some mean damage and theres a quite a bit of 1911's and other pistols that are chambered for it that are more readily available.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:45 am
Paper Guns: 1911
Feild Strip
Full Cycle ?

Yes a fully functioning Paper Colt 1911, Now I Believe anything is possible.

Also Comes with paper bullets!  

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:14 am
OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN AND IT CAN BE CONVERTED TO FIRE REAL BULLETS WE MUST BAN IT IMMEDIATELY BEFORE PEOPLE START SHOOTING EACH OTHER WITH PAPER GUNS THAT CAN SLIP THROUGH METAL DETECTORS COMPLETELY UNNOTICED.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am
Since when do paper guns sound like they're made of plastic?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:36 pm
Fresnel
Since when do paper guns sound like they're made of plastic?
Another thing I find Ironic that it even has rifling.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:38 pm
Requiem in Mortis
OMG IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN AND IT CAN BE CONVERTED TO FIRE REAL BULLETS WE MUST BAN IT IMMEDIATELY BEFORE PEOPLE START SHOOTING EACH OTHER WITH PAPER GUNS THAT CAN SLIP THROUGH METAL DETECTORS COMPLETELY UNNOTICED.
Please watch the Full Cycle , It Does fire Real bullents. Only light loads, it might explode if its a high powder charge.  

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
Please watch the Full Cycle , It Does fire Real bullents. Only light loads, it might explode if its a high powder charge.
Oh, AND he puts a suppressor on it, making it not only an illegally manufactured firearm, but ALSO an illegally manufactured, unregistered class III device. NICE GOING.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 pm
Fresnel
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
Oh, AND he puts a suppressor on it, making it not only an illegally manufactured firearm, but ALSO an illegally manufactured, unregistered class III device. NICE GOING.
LOL. XD i just Wonder how he made the gun with the help of /without blueprints. He also made a 1/3 scale Fully functional Kar88 , Some kind of AK and a Pump action shotgun.  

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 pm
Fresnel
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
its not illegal to manufacture a firearm. it's only illegal if you manufacture with intent to distribute.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:10 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
its not illegal to manufacture a firearm. it's only illegal if you manufacture with intent to distribute.
I highly doubt that's true, because this is the ********' ATF we're talking about, and such a thing as a "firearms manufacturer license" exists, but I haven't the time to look it up at present.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
I highly doubt that's true, because this is the ********' ATF we're talking about, and such a thing as a "firearms manufacturer license" exists, but I haven't the time to look it up at present.
nah, you can build your own, just cant sell.
that would be a no no  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:32 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
-Moon Fire Liako-
Requiem in Mortis
that would be a no no
I'm tempted to ask the ATF, but afraid of getting my door kicked in for manufacturing firearms. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:48 am
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
that would be a no no
I'm tempted to ask the ATF, but afraid of getting my door kicked in for manufacturing firearms. xd
its on their faq

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/general.html#gca-manufacturing

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o) and (r), 26 U.S.C. 5822, 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

so there you have it, cant use foreign parts on certain things and you cant make class 3 stuff  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:01 pm
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
that would be a no no
its on their faq

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/general.html#gca-manufacturing

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a non-licensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semi-automatic rifle or non-sporting shotgun from imported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machine gun will not be approved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a Federal or State agency.

[18 U.S.C. 922(o) and (r), 26 U.S.C. 5822, 27 CFR 478.39, 479.62 and 479.105]

so there you have it, cant use foreign parts on certain things and you cant make class 3 stuff
I swear I looked over that exact page four ******** times. @_@  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Valkyrie Hatter

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:57 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
Recon_Ninja_985
Requiem in Mortis
This is probably going to sound stupid, but can a gun chambered in .45 Win Mag fire .45 ACP?
yes you can.

just make sure you brush out the chamber REALLY good and make sure there is no leading left behind. you should do this after each shooting session with them and especially before you go back to shooting .45 win mag again through it.

not doing so could be dangerous
Alright, second question- is anything other than the Grizzly chambered in .45 Win Mag that isn't as rare as the Grizzly and/or drastically more expensive than a standard .45 ACP pistol?
theres something rarer that takes it. an AMT IV thats it though
thats about all my google fu can summon

I would reeeeally look into 10mm auto, it does some mean damage and theres a quite a bit of 1911's and other pistols that are chambered for it that are more readily available.
From personal expierence wit gunshops I've been to. There's been 3 Mk 1s i've run across and none of them were selling for over $699 probably on the account that it uses uncommon ammo and they're all used.

The cheapest being $499 at Biff's Gun World off Dixie Highway in Louisville. I'd consider buying it if it's still there in 3 years but only if I decided to move back to pisshole Louisville just to buy it. I really hate that you can't buy handguns outside of your state even if they are collectable.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff