Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Your Stone Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scorpy-Sue

Distinct Conversationalist

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:59 am
The amethyst I keep under my pillow is very important to me. I've never remembered so many dreams before keeping it there. I also like my kyanite, and I just bought a clear quartz crystal and a red Cat's Eye. I also have a small blue pearl from Sea World that I go to pay some handsome mostly-naked dude to go retrieve for me.

I enjoy stones; they make me feel better about channeling energies, and I've never met a stone that didn't work for me.

Does anyone know how "nice" Black Market Minerals is? They've never sold me a mislabeled stone, but I just want to know how inflated their prices may be.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 am
Afro-Dawg
The amethyst I keep under my pillow is very important to me. I've never remembered so many dreams before keeping it there. I also like my kyanite, and I just bought a clear quartz crystal and a red Cat's Eye. I also have a small blue pearl from Sea World that I go to pay some handsome mostly-naked dude to go retrieve for me.

I enjoy stones; they make me feel better about channeling energies, and I've never met a stone that didn't work for me.

Does anyone know how "nice" Black Market Minerals is? They've never sold me a mislabeled stone, but I just want to know how inflated their prices may be.

If it's this site:
http://www.blackmarketminerals.com

they look pretty typical to me. No guarantees they ethically source their materials, though.

and if you like amethyst for dreams, try pairing it with a tektite. It'll amplify the effect intensely.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:20 am
Oooh.

And thanks for checking that company out. They're like the closest stone-seller near me, so it's nice to know they're typical and not insanely overpriced or full of lies about what stone they're actually selling.

What exactly is unethically sourced material?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:32 am
Afro-Dawg
Oooh.

And thanks for checking that company out. They're like the closest stone-seller near me, so it's nice to know they're typical and not insanely overpriced or full of lies about what stone they're actually selling.

What exactly is unethically sourced material?

It's the same as looking for ethically-sourced food products like coffee or chocolate.
You're looking for people who mine stones without using exploitative, cheap labour in third-world countries, really, or mining operations that are strip mining, or blowing up giant holes in the earth with explosives, or polluting the watershed with poisonous tailings - that sort of thing.

I like to try to get stones where I know the person doing the mining. A lot of the time, unfortunetely, you just don't know how something got out of the ground. Some people refuse to work with stones they can't source ethically.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 pm
Ah yeah...I know what you mean. Fair trade is all well and good, but how can you know it's truly fair trade? rolleyes

Also, is tektite just an amplifier or is it specifically for dreams/spirit work?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:43 am
Afro-Dawg
Ah yeah...I know what you mean. Fair trade is all well and good, but how can you know it's truly fair trade? rolleyes

Also, is tektite just an amplifier or is it specifically for dreams/spirit work?

Tektites are small pieces of natural glass formed from meteor strikes. They're specifically useful for dream work, or communications over distance. Some people claim to use them to talk to 'aliens', but I think that's silly and sort of pointless - like having a ham radio to outerspace.

Tektite can be used alone for dreaming, but it's really strong. If it's too much, pairing it with an amethyst will smooth it out - so will moonstone. I find tektite much stronger than amethyst on its' own, but the two together seem to even out the rough edges; the amethyst keeps the dreams from wandering down acid-trip nightmare lane, and the tektite makes lucid dreaming more likely.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Scorpy-Sue

6,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 am
Thank you. smile That sounds wonderful.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm
These are the stones I have:

Clear Quartz, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Jade, Citrine, Hematite, Tiger's Eye, Aventurine, Sodalite, Smoky Quartz, Moonstone, Cat's Eye and Aquamarine, Blue Lace Agate, Turquoise, Iron Pyrite, Snow Quartz, Fluorite, Onyx, Lapis Lazuli, and Blue Obsidian.

UPDATED POST!  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Aislin Artiers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:40 pm
I find I'm drawn to gold tiger's eye and amethyst. I have two pieces of tiger's eye that I feel like I need to keep around me, particularly in my room.
Rose quartz doesn't feel like it likes me very much, though I love the look of it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:21 am
I´m most drawn to a small Turquoise I always carry around and it has worked really well,and an aquamarine like colored crystal that I use as pendant,I have also Onyx and Cat´s eye but it haven´t worked even charged several times.  

Midnight_Scythe

Unbeatable Lunatic

6,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Member 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm
Xx_Serena-Hime_xX
hay i have a question.
i have several polished stones in my box that i keep all the stones i use for magic,are these less powerful because they have been processed?
one is an agate that i took out of a necklace i used to have,and then theres two malachite that i took out of a pair of earrings.
i know there has been debate on this subject,but i was just wondering.

You can usually cleans stones and give them a property. I've done this before with an opal my mom has set in a ring. It always brings her bad luck so I cleansed it and "assigned" luck and prosperity. She hasn't worn it yet though... She still thinks it's bad luck.

But I have also done this with a shark tooth and a chunk of tourmaline. I cleansed their energies and gave them new. Usually you can "charge" them with your own energy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 am
i love rocks, crystals, stones, whatever you want to call them. doesn't matter their "value." when i was barely walking i would collect rocks at the playground. i have a pretty extensive collection now and i don't know which is my favorite, though i do have a strong draw to all the quartz i've come into contact with, regardless of color. it seems i'm drawn to a different stone ever couple of days. i've not, to this day, been repelled by a type of stone, but i have avoided individual stones. sometimes they just don't have a good feeling, so i leave those be.

would manufactured crystal still have certain properties? like goldstone or cherry quartz or manufactured quartz for things like crystal balls? just curious because they are manmade. i imagine goldstone may have the properties of copper?  

whiporwill-o

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 am
Quick question, Tektite looks an awful lot like lava rock or that floaty pumice stuff. how do you tell the difference? Isthere a difference in density or texture? Cause I know how the freshly cooled lava rock feels so I was wondering.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 am
I'm not much for rocks myself, but I've always been quite partial to metals; silver and copper being my favorites, something about gold just doesn't work for me, it just feels repugnant if that makes any sense. one Rock I've always liked is what we as kids used to call chalk rocks, you know you use it to draw on the ground if your mom wouldn't buy you chalk; I don't know what type of rock it is but everytime I find I become insanely happy. Maybe it's the memories tied to it or the color,( I like white even though technically it's not a color) but I just love this rock. Oh, and mother of pearl is great too. and shells  

Xaolu

Dapper Smoker

9,425 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

J1star

Sparkly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 am
I have a thing about snowflake obsidian. I don't know what it is but I am very attracted to it- and it's not just the look of it either (in my opinion there are prettier stones out there).  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games