Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
The Moon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:18 pm
secret_white_ambassitor
I believe it is Magical because it reminds us of Hectates love. When the monn is full it is her love for us. And please do not tell me I am wrong all because I read an article. Let somebody who has been a Witch longer explain it to me the right way, please? http://uniwolf2.tripod.com/childrenoftheearth/id5.html

But what if you don't worship Hecate or associate her with the moon? There are many other goddesses accociated with the moon. Artemis and Selene are two examples.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:48 pm
I don't give a rat's hairy behind about Hecate's "love" for me. She's not my goddess and honestly, she probably doesn't care much for me either, considering who my goddess actually is. neutral  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

HorsesOfTheNight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:54 pm
secret_white_ambassitor
HorsesOfTheNight
secret_white_ambassitor
I believe it is Magical because it reminds us of Hectates love. When the monn is full it is her love for us. And please do not tell me I am wrong all because I read an article. Let somebody who has been a Witch longer explain it to me the right way, please? http://uniwolf2.tripod.com/childrenoftheearth/id5.html

But what if you don't worship Hecate or associate her with the moon? There are many other goddesses accociated with the moon. Artemis and Selene are two examples.

I know what you mean. And I respect that I was just saying that it is Hectate's love for each and every one of us.

I don't worship Hecate and I am pretty sure she doesn't "love" me.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:00 pm
secret_white_ambassitor
HorsesOfTheNight
secret_white_ambassitor
HorsesOfTheNight
secret_white_ambassitor

I know what you mean. And I respect that I was just saying that it is Hectate's love for each and every one of us.

I don't worship Hecate and I am pretty sure she doesn't "love" me.

I was only quoting what i believe from the site I posted in my first post.

And you are entitled to believe what you believe in. You do need to take into considersation that not everyone in this guild worships Hecate however.  

HorsesOfTheNight

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:17 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Nah man, for really mindblowing stuff, nothing really beats an aurora. I mean the moon is awesome and all, but the aurora will trip you out.

Also, no one seems to be astonished by rainbows. They are stripes of colour projected across the sky. Why are people not more vocal about how awesome that is? (Well, except that one guy on the internet, but we won't go into that.)

Why can't we tip posts in guilds? gonk
secret_white_ambassitor

I'm pretty sure this isn't Wiccan at all- especially since the Wiccan Lady isn't Hecate. Then there's also no mention of the Lord in the Underworld or anything. I think you may have been mislead.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:22 pm
Secret: But you did insist that she loves everyone. In one of your previous posts you said "When the monn is full it is her love for us." This is offensive to me b/c (as I stated before), she is not my goddess. Also, quite frankly I don't want her love.  

HorsesOfTheNight

Lyke Damn Thats Hawt

7,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:16 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Nah man, for really mindblowing stuff, nothing really beats an aurora. I mean the moon is awesome and all, but the aurora will trip you out.

Also, no one seems to be astonished by rainbows. They are stripes of colour projected across the sky. Why are people not more vocal about how awesome that is? (Well, except that one guy on the internet, but we won't go into that.)

Rainbows are awesome (when I get to see one). Plus they remind me of my mother. Cool Story: My dad was debating on either cremation or burying my mother. My mom was against cremation very much against it. I threw out this idea that we should have her buried in the same cemetery as her mom, dad and brother. He thought it over and agreed. Two days go by he makes the arrangements and it starting raining for a good twenty minutes, then the sun came out. I looked outside, saw that rainbow and knew my mom was happy with everything that was planned. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 pm
Why would Hekate be connected to the full moon? confused  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:57 pm
That 'creation' myth is from one of Silver Ravenwolf's books (or at least it was included in one of her books).

One of the things I never liked about this piece was that it sets up witches as some kind of quasi-mystical being (created from the energy of humans, power animals and angels), and essentially says they are different on a fundamental level from 'normal' humans.

I also don't think it directly associates Hecate with the moon. Rather, it says that Hecate is one of the names of the Lady, and that the Lady took the body of the moon. But I think it is more of an "all Goddesses are one" viewpoint.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:11 pm
kyndryana3
That 'creation' myth is from one of Silver Ravenwolf's books (or at least it was included in one of her books).

One of the things I never liked about this piece was that it sets up witches as some kind of quasi-mystical being (created from the energy of humans, power animals and angels), and essentially says they are different on a fundamental level from 'normal' humans.

I also don't think it directly associates Hecate with the moon. Rather, it says that Hecate is one of the names of the Lady, and that the Lady took the body of the moon. But I think it is more of an "all Goddesses are one" viewpoint.
Yeah- not of that is really Wiccan. Some Wiccans might believe that- but if Silver Ravenwolf wrote it- it's not Wiccan.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:19 pm
Is that what Silver Ravenwolf thinks? That witches are born differently than humans and are a combo of humans, animals and angels? WTF?

Everyone can be a witch. They just have to have the right mindset and open mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:15 pm
Azareas Aquarinus

Everyone can be a witch. They just have to have the right mindset and open mind.

I'm not sure I believe this anymore than I believe everyone can be an Olympic Sprinter.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games