Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
mystery potion/witchbottle/idk lol Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:17 pm
@Immortal:

You are already functionally immortal. One of the physical laws of our universe is that you can't lose energy. It doesn't stop, and it doesn't end. It simply changes form. So while you may percieve death as an ending, it really isn't - it's simply a change of state.

Consider also the concept of entropy. Our universe is full of it, and it is what makes systems break down over time. It's not a huge loss of energy from a system, sometimes, but it's there, and it has its' effect. Some systems are more efficient than others, is all. All physical objects, even those bristlecone pines and jellyfish you mentioned, are systems subject to entropy. How fast they break down generally depends on how complex a system is - and I tell you, those pines and jellyfish are pretty primative in design. A person, not so much. Entropy does break down the human system. It's why we age.

You are already immortal. Your body, however, is not - and that's perfectly normal. You can't escape the physical laws of the universe - and that means living with both the idea that your energy is never going to end, and knowing that the human body is not designed as a perfect system able to withstand entropy, and no magic in this universe can change that.

Azareas:
A thought for you on magic.

Magic is like sculpting, in a way. You have a big, blank lump of clay in front of you, that you want to make into something. It is unformed. It is simply potential at this point.

Whether you use a set of tools or just your hands, or anything else, the act of sculpting changes your clay. It works it from a raw primative state into something of structure and shape, of symbolism. It could be something functional, or something simply for beauty and enjoyment. But it's your choice - your hands work the clay. Whatever the clay becomes ultimately rests in you and your actions.

Lastly your clay goes into the kiln. This is the moment of transformation - where you give it energy (the heat of the kiln), and it becomes its' own thing separate from you. The kiln may turn the clay into something solid and permanent, beautiful and whole. The kiln might overheat a pocket of air or flaw in the clay, and shatter it into a thousand pieces.

You don't know, until you fire it. If you did your sculpting well, it will be fine. If you did not, the conesquences follow. And nothing we can do to the piece after firing it ultimately changes its' structure. It's done. We can further dress up the outside with glaze or paint, or we could smash it with a hammer...but we cannot change what we made it to be in the first place.

Magic is like this. We take the raw, unformed 'stuff' of magic, and shape it with our Will and intent. We then fire it, give it energy and life, and it becomes its' own thing. Nothing we can do after the magic is 'fired' can really alter the fact that that's what we made it - and the flaws or backlash inherent in each work of magic are there ONLY because we created them so. Just like people don't see the air pockets inside the raw clay they leave...people often don't see the flaws in the magic they create, and so look to blame something else when it 'backfires'.

On Prayer:
Let's say you call up a friend and talk to them on the phone. IIf you had called them up and ask them to come over before you put it in the kiln so they can work on the raw clay too - that's using prayer inside a spell. You can ask the Gods to lend their Will alongside to your workings, if you do it properly. They may not do so, for their own reasons, but you can ask.

If instead you called someone up, and you tell them all about what you're doing, and you've done all the sculpting and shaping but you really need to borrow their kiln to finish the piece you started, that's sort of what Riri's talking about.

And if you just picked up the phone and told someone all about the great thing you have in your head, and that you have some raw clay and you wish THEY would make it for you - that's prayer.
You're asking someone else to exert their Will on your behalf.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:26 pm
Morg: You did an amazing job of explaining everything. ^_^  

HorsesOfTheNight

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm
It's a wonderful way of explaining magic, for sure. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm
Thirded - that was very beautifully put!!! heart  

ncsweet
Crew

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm
Thanks Morg. That was amazing!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:46 pm
now im just curious on astral and how to talk with dieties. and i apologize for my actions earlier to all because, well im not myself lately, and i just have so much ideas and little guidance and half the stuff on google is fiction and i could ramble on about that.. um.

im usually not that way, and i was frustrated earlier, cant figure out my life or anything. so yeah i apologize.

im in a hurry but going nowhere fast, i think is how its said. but im also changing, i feel different often.
and id say thanks but it sounds sorta repetitive to me XD everyone giving thanks lol.. idk guess im idk..

well im curious about how peopel can speak with dieties, well my mom has the 'new translation' of the bible, i found out later was translated from a king james version of the bible anyways and that was when i first started onto a spiritual path by questioning alot of things.

so im curious about contacting dieties, its not how christians are or how i was raised i just remember praying and thats it. reading some of the bible too. i didnt know anything different.

that was a year ago. i was curious about many things and anxious almost the whole time, tonights the first time im relaxed in a while it seems.

ive tried to astral before, made it to REM while concious but no dream. and another time i shook awake from a being, possibly my astral body, poking its finger into my spine. those were the more succesful attempts.

i guess ive been uneasy for a time, always sorta in a rush. not really knowing what to do anyways. worrying about all sorts of things.

so how does one contact a diety? whats it like? do any of you astral project?  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:52 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus
Sanguina Cruenta
Azareas Aquarinus

I've been told a prayer is a form of a spell. You're asking a deity for something that's needed. That's what I meant by that. Sorry I've said people use deities. I believe "work with" is the correct term.

Prayer has nothing to do with spells. One is asking, the other is doing.

I prefer "worship" myself. Or "honour".

I see. A spell is an act of causing change.

A prayer is honouring, or worshipping.

No. I was saying I prefer the words "worship" or "honour" to "work with". Prayer is communication with deity.

A spell can involve prayer if need be, but it's definitely something you do yourself. You control it. If you're asking a god to decide whether or not the spell works, that's weakening the will you're impressing.

Oh. I understand now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 am
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
now im just curious on astral and how to talk with dieties. and i apologize for my actions earlier to all because, well im not myself lately, and i just have so much ideas and little guidance and half the stuff on google is fiction and i could ramble on about that.. um.

im usually not that way, and i was frustrated earlier, cant figure out my life or anything. so yeah i apologize.

im in a hurry but going nowhere fast, i think is how its said. but im also changing, i feel different often.
and id say thanks but it sounds sorta repetitive to me XD everyone giving thanks lol.. idk guess im idk..

well im curious about how peopel can speak with dieties, well my mom has the 'new translation' of the bible, i found out later was translated from a king james version of the bible anyways and that was when i first started onto a spiritual path by questioning alot of things.

so im curious about contacting dieties, its not how christians are or how i was raised i just remember praying and thats it. reading some of the bible too. i didnt know anything different.

that was a year ago. i was curious about many things and anxious almost the whole time, tonights the first time im relaxed in a while it seems.

ive tried to astral before, made it to REM while concious but no dream. and another time i shook awake from a being, possibly my astral body, poking its finger into my spine. those were the more succesful attempts.

i guess ive been uneasy for a time, always sorta in a rush. not really knowing what to do anyways. worrying about all sorts of things.

so how does one contact a diety? whats it like? do any of you astral project?

Well, contacting deity. You need to know their name, that is if you want to contact a specific deity. You don't have to Astral Project. Just pray, or meditate. Prayer is usually done when a person has a specific need and asks a certain deity to help them. Like a Christian would pray to God for guidance or protection. Those are just two examples. Also, pray upon an image of that deity. So any symbol of that deity will correspond. E.g: If you were praying to Bast for protection, use a symbol of a cat, or a statue of her if you are fortunate enough.

A neo-Pagan way of contacting deity is in the circle. The circle is our temple. Where ritual takes place and contact with deities happens.

To other people: I'm not saying the circle is the only way of contacting deity. It's just like a Christian going to Church to pray to God, or speak to him.

I pray every morning and night, or in a time of need. When you pray, or speak to a deity, be exact with your words and make sure it's from the heart. I say "Blessed Be" at the end of my prayers and at the end of a circle rite. I do this because it simply feels right, no other reason.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 am
Thanks Morg!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:40 am
Seriously, Kei, capital letters. Apostrophes. If you can make the effort to spell correctly, I'm sure you can present your post in a way that doesn't make my eyes bleed. Thanks.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 am
Azareas thanks, and the astral projection is so I can just have different types of experience I didnt mean to combine it with the god contact. And sorry Cruenta I'm used to typing this way because its not being graded at school lol. *Correct's grammar xd *

So does anyone here astral project or meditate? And when you contact gods they actually speak and stuff or something?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:01 am
I did astral project, well, I tried.

I closed my eyes, and envisioned myself being with a friend of mine. She asked me to test it out. And strangely enough, I felt like I was moving, but still. Like my body was still, but I was moving. And I saw myself in my friend's home, and she said she felt something.

That's just my experience. Then I opened my eyes and hey, I was back on this plain.

Yeah, I meditate. Just to clear my head, relax or do a small spell and let candles and stones absorb things from me I want to get rid of.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:35 am
How are some typical spells done? I only researched how to do sigil magic and read some stuff about constructs and servitors.. (i tend to do alot of research though but its on vairied subjects)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:46 am
What do you mean by "typical Spells"?  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:35 am
common is what i mean.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)