Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
WHAT IS PAGANISM? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 pm
Morgandria
Staring Berry
There are so many but I don't know which one calls out to me the most... I have a calling towards paganism but now that im seeing this least my soul feels uninspired :/

Can you clarify your statement? So many what - different pagan religions? Pantheons? Individual deities?

What drew you towards pagan religions in the first place? What inspired you originally?

So many religions.
I'm drawn to it because I feel empty and want to have more spirtuality in my life (I currently have 0). Also, I'm not to found of popular religions and there "magical man in the sky" beliefs. I perfer things more...natural.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 pm
Staring Berry

So many religions.
I'm drawn to it because I feel empty and want to have more spirtuality in my life (I currently have 0). Also, I'm not to found of popular religions and there "magical man in the sky" beliefs. I perfer things more...natural.

I think this is a little rude- I mean, there are plenty of pagan religions with gods who practice what we think of as magic in our time, and are associated with the heavens aren't there?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:29 am
Staring Berry

So many religions.

It sounds to me that you're not really looking for a religion at all, and thus are looking in the wrong places at the wrong things. Spirituality itself isn't a religion, and may not involve any physical practices. It's simply a way of perceiving and understanding the world around you. While some pagan religions can involve some degree of nature spirituality, they also tend to offer more structure than that, and certainly are going to involve some manner of faith in their deities that isn't based in observable physical nature.

Spirituality is all together a more personal thing than religion, and it's maybe harder to define or discover for ones' self - after all, it's nothing anyone else can provide for you. You really have to figure it out for yourself.

You might benefit from trying to approach your future research with terms like 'nature spirituality', or 'pantheism', if you're not interested in the idea of an immanent, personal deity or deities. 'Deep ecology' also might interest you.

And Riri has a point: you may not like a religion's take on Deity, but 'magic man in the sky' is derogatory. it behooves us to offer basic courtesy to others, if we wish to receive any in return.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 am
Morgandria

It sounds to me that you're not really looking for a religion at all, and thus are looking in the wrong places at the wrong things. Spirituality itself isn't a religion, and may not involve any physical practices. It's simply a way of perceiving and understanding the world around you. While some pagan religions can involve some degree of nature spirituality, they also tend to offer more structure than that, and certainly are going to involve some manner of faith in their deities that isn't based in observable physical nature.

Spirituality is all together a more personal thing than religion, and it's maybe harder to define or discover for ones' self - after all, it's nothing anyone else can provide for you. You really have to figure it out for yourself.

You might benefit from trying to approach your future research with terms like 'nature spirituality', or 'pantheism', if you're not interested in the idea of an immanent, personal deity or deities. 'Deep ecology' also might interest you.

And Riri has a point: you may not like a religion's take on Deity, but 'magic man in the sky' is derogatory. it behooves us to offer basic courtesy to others, if we wish to receive any in return.

Esiris

I think this is a little rude- I mean, there are plenty of pagan religions with gods who practice what we think of as magic in our time, and are associated with the heavens aren't there?

Sorry, I didn't realise that that could of offend some of you too... I ment I don't believe in Jesus or any of those people that are in the bible.  

User 27225319

Anxious Fairy

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games