Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:39 am
Okay, in revival of the thread (may sticky things, may not), I have on thing that's irking me...

This has only happened to me twice, but if it happens again, I'm going to be pissed. Two psychics have told me that my current love "isn't the one". One, who I regularly go to, hasn't seen anything at all. In fact, she actually goes into our relationship, describing it as a garden, and hey- we're pretty nature based people, especially LD.

So, for anyone who says, "Oh, you can't fight destiny"- ******** off. I make my own destiny; knowledge gives me power and confidence. LD and I make a great team, not just a pair of lovers. If there are going to be new loves in my life, they will be work and kids, who will be an addition to LD.

So, I have a psychic hands, eh? Well, "These hands are small, I know; But they're not yours, they are my own." I will shape my future, and I won't become a Greek tragedy. domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:12 am
That's the spirit! Screw the psychics!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:25 am
Nihilistic Seraph
That's the spirit! Screw the psychics!
Yes... except for Deni. I lurb Deni. heart

She gave me free cookies! mrgreen Of course, we helped her set-up her table when she was late.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:27 am
good for you Jameta. I never let anything fase me in what I want.

Latley I have been doubting myself to much. Not because of the fact I don't believe it, but because of the type of person everyone feels me to be. Its hard to stay a strong pagan in the bible belt. But I haven't been attacked in a few weeks, this is good after the last defense I showed they shouldn't dare to touch me.  

FireonYce
Vice Captain

Jeering Lunatic

14,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:34 am
Christo Minaverus

Latley I have been doubting myself to much. Not because of the fact I don't believe it, but because of the type of person everyone feels me to be. Its hard to stay a strong pagan in the bible belt. But I haven't been attacked in a few weeks, this is good after the last defense I showed they shouldn't dare to touch me.
w00t! go Christo! Sick Anubis on their a**!

...Sorry, I got carried away. sweatdrop In any case, we always have your back. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:40 am
From our own Winter Black, in response to that famous letter from St. Mary's Catholic Church, If Your Child is a Gothic, Reform Through the Lord!

Tell me I'm not the only one who's laughing at that?
But I really shouldn't laugh, if the St Mary's Church of Maryland is sending out garbage like this. American's sometimes make me smile, and sometimes make me sick. This is a perfect example of them making me sick.
I'm thinking, one day, I'm going to crusade across the world in a bid to educate people about Paganism, and Wicca, and such. I'm 17 now, if I release my fist book around the time I'm 22-ish or so... Let me see... I can be crusading by the time I release it, because I'll be going continent-wide to promote. XD

Anywhere specific I should stop for special education?

Oh yeah, I forgot my real rant:
After seeing that, and finding the website for that Church, I have seriously been contemplating starting a letter-war with them. I want to write them a letter that contradicts everything they've said in that, in a logical way, and hurts their creditability. If I go about it the right way, I can actually make them have no way to really tell me I'm wrong. Logic beats everything, even in the Pagan religions.

Because, first of all, if you are wearing a band t-shirt, maybe you are a fan of that band.
Ahnk's are a symbol from Egypt, of life.
Black is a shade that goes with literally every other color.
Black nailpolish could just mean Guitarist.
Likewise, the black eye-make-up could be an expression of individuality, and shouldn't be looked down on.
Lots of people like tattoo's, and piercings; me included. The different ways to pierce yourself show many different ways of individuality.
And just because Marylin Manson claims to be the Anti-Christ, doesn't mean listening to his music makes you a Satanist; I listen to it, and I'm simply Pagan.

Second of all, anyone who mutalates themself is mentally unsound and should be taken to a psychiatrist or a mental hospital. This is common sense, and the cutting usually has to do with depression, not Satanism! I would know, I used to cut up my chest and arms with scratches on a regular basis when I was younger. (I don't do it anymore, though. It's distasteful for a Lolita to be covered in scratches and cuts...) It was out of depression, not a desire to detract from God. X.O

Everyone gets bored. Everyone complains. Its better they sit there and complain, than go out and get into trouble because "I was bored."
I sleep in extreme's. I either get too much, or too little. Its not uncommon. Insomnia can be treated with something like Valium, though I don't reccomend it. Try some Chamomile Tea, if you can't sleep.

Some people are secretive and private by nature, and some people just like to have time alone to think about things, and figure stuff out. None of that has to do with Satan, because there is NO actual Satan. (In fact, from what I've learned, looking into Satanism, is that the Satanist themselves often don't even worship Satan, choosing only to honor the Human charactaristics that the Christians gave to it. There is no Satan, because the Christians created him to scare people into believing.)

And if your child is misbehaving, try spending time with them, asking them whats the matter, and treating them differently, maybe more like a friend than "Your my kid, you shouldn't try to be my friend." You'd be surprised what having your mother be your best friend all your life can do for a person. <3

Eating too little or not at all could be a sign of Anorexia or Bulemia, and you should take them to a doctor to get that checked out. If they are refusing to eat, or eating then throwing up, someone should educate them on the fact that this is wrong.

What the hell is a "Goth Related Food"? Thats the stupidest one of all.

No, wait, I stand corrected. This is the stupidest one yet:
Vampires don't usually believe in Heaven or Hell. They don't believe drinking Blood will bring them closer to Satan.
They drink blood because its their only way to survive. Especially the younger ones. They have to drink blood to live.

Another thing: there is nothing wrong with Cable Television, except that I find nothing there to interest me.
On top of that, there is nothing wrong with having an imagination and playing an RPG.

I use the computer every day. There is nothing wrong with checking email, your favorite forum, or a joke site or two.

Headbangers aren't Satanists! Thats just ridiculous! All they do is kill their own braincells. x.o
And, provacative dancing isn't Satanic, either. It's just slutty.

OMFG! Do I have to come all the way to Maryland and shove your head into information? Homosexualtiy and Bisexuality are as old and natural as humans, animals, plants, and tree's. There's nothing wrong with it.
While I'll admit there's a choice to it, the only choice is to accept it and live with it, or to ignore it, and pretend its not real. I didn't choose to fall in love with girls until I met Jade! I didn't even choose to fall in love with Jade! It just happened, and I chose to accept it, and live happily with myself.

Hinduism and Buddhism are dangerous? First of all, Buddhists are pasifists, last time I checked, so if your kid's a Buddhist, you should be proud of them for not wanting to hurt people.

There is nothing wrong with beng a Goth. Goths, while I'll admit most teeny-boppers and Rich Kids will adopt it to fit when they get depressed (teeny-goths), are not generally violent or harmful people. Once in a while you get a Goth who's just really angry and wants people to ******** off and die, but there are a lot of non-goths who feel the same way. My mom included.

Jameta
Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:43 am
Thank you, hon! ^__^ I would have done it myself, of course, but thats just as good!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:45 am
Winter Black
Thank you, hon! ^__^ I would have done it myself, of course, but thats just as good!
No problem- got to use my Mod skills for something.  

Jameta
Captain

Blood_dripping

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:02 am
yeah i have one i think, maybe umm oh yea no wait its comming to me, oh i do hate my dad n yeah he anoys me alot n he spends his money on drugs and s**t thats why we are poor, he never has a job n when he does he doesnt really do it then he gets paid n spends it on drugs n s**t, so yeah umm about pagan like yea im trying to get this one thing to work that i lost jameta knows what im talking about, i want it back, well i kinda have it but its not as with me as i would want it to n like i had before its just sleeping right now i guess, anyways anybody wana chat with me message me im bored  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:30 am
I have something else to rant about. It comes in two parts:

Part One:
I don't understand the people who don't type right, and say its easier. So its easier to have punctual people not understand a word you say except whats obvious? Its easier to be lazy, to not add at least a period at the end of a sentence? That pains me to no end, because I'm a novelist, I've never written, or felt the need to write, like that. It annoys me, and it hurts me to see it in so many places. I can understand not knowing English well, and typing like that. But being born speaking English, and not knowing how to spell Paranormal, or some simple word like tomorrow, or a city name like Toronto? It hurts.

Part Two:
I also don't understand people who claim things like "I'm a Satanist!" or "I'm a Wiccan!", and yet, they know nothing about it but what they've seen on TV, in movies, ect. I feel like yelling at them, or sitting them down with a good book so they see what they are really getting into.
Paganism really is around 50 to 70 years old, popularized and almost even created by Gerald Gardener. He took things from Alister Crowly, and the Golden Order of the Dawn, and the OTO. So for all those little whiners who say "Our religion is ancient! Remember the Burning times?", get your facts straight, learn about what you're trying to be, and get over it! If there's one thing I can't stand, its posers in Paganism. I just hate that.

As for Satanists, from what I've learned, real Satanists don't even worship Satan! They worship the Human Traits he possessed, but not him. Why? Simply because the Christians made him up to scare people into their Religion. Real Satanists know this, and sometimes they actually worship Lucifer, whose name means "Bearer of Light" or "Bringer of Light", and was the Roman Morning Star.
In fact, please read this for more information on that, because its very informative. [nods] It will explain the whole Lucifer thing way better than I ever could. Just let me say that Lucifer was, over time, intergrated as one with Satan, but never was origianlly.

I think thats all...

Winter Black
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:45 am
Amen!! Now time for my rant.

The Emptiness of Superficiality.

I tend to hate pop-culture. Not really hate, but seriously dislike. Everything about it tends to repulse me, from it's carefree attitute to sex (damnit, it's something special!) right down to it's complete lack of spirituality. I tend to see it as a hot-air balloon, all pretty coloured on the outside, with nothing of substance on the inside. Even true gothic culture is better than that. I'm not a goth, but would rather dive into the Gothic style created by the Romantic era than pop-culture. The guys are completely idiotic, and tend to use a cross as a fashion accessory. The girls are either all unanimously stupid, or act like that to attract guys. Which makes the guys even more stupid for being attracrted to that. Okay, that's all I can rant for now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:55 am
Oh, I know, I know, Nihl. I don't even want Cable anymore, because I'm sick and tired of Television shows about "Reality" and all those stupid TV Shows with bimbo's who are the main characters... Eeegh...
And pop-culture Music? Don't get me started! I go for things I like. I don't like Britteny Spears, or the Back Street Boys, or Rap and Hiphop, or R&B... I like ROck, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Death Metal, Gothic Rock, Japanese Pop Music, and anything in another language, and whats not really popular, or used to be popular. I don't like bands that used to be cool, then go mainstream for more money. If you're doing something, do it the way you want, not the way you are told to. Music is about freedom, and love, and hate, and emotion's of all sorts... Music is supposed to be a way to express yourself, not a way to make mass amounts of money, and sell out every chance you get.

And whats with all these Actresses wanting to be called Actors? There's a reason there is a male and a female version. Its so you can tell the guys with girly names apart from the girls with masculine names, and the guys who look like girls apart from the girls who look like guys.
Calling an Actress an Actor would confuse the hell out of me, too. You're not a man, you're a woman. Be proud to be an Actress. ><:;;;

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:58 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Amen!! Now time for my rant.

The Emptiness of Superficiality.

I tend to hate pop-culture. Not really hate, but seriously dislike. Everything about it tends to repulse me, from it's carefree attitute to sex (damnit, it's something special!) right down to it's complete lack of spirituality. I tend to see it as a hot-air balloon, all pretty coloured on the outside, with nothing of substance on the inside. Even true gothic culture is better than that. I'm not a goth, but would rather dive into the Gothic style created by the Romantic era than pop-culture. The guys are completely idiotic, and tend to use a cross as a fashion accessory. The girls are either all unanimously stupid, or act like that to attract guys. Which makes the guys even more stupid for being attracrted to that. Okay, that's all I can rant for now.
Ahhh, the commentary on society that is Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands. I watched that for the first time yesterday, and when I saw Suburbia, I (in a dopey sense) was, "OMG, IT'S SOCIETY!!!" eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:41 pm
Jameta
Christo Minaverus

w00t! go Christo! Sick Anubis on their a**!

...Sorry, I got carried away. sweatdrop In any case, we always have your back. heart
well i can change my eye color sometimes at will and turned it silver, only problem is I never have a camera handy when i do so. must remember to bring one, and i projected a few images into thier heads and they haven't even dared look at me since, you gotta protect yourself. But i know my limits. 3nodding  

FireonYce
Vice Captain

Jeering Lunatic

14,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

MysteronKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:41 pm
*snarl*

I read Tarot. I do this often. I enjoy it. However, the enjoyment is KILLED when someone, about a week after a reading, comes and rants at me that nothing that I said could happen happened.
Know what? I never said anything was definite. Every Tarot reader should have a sign next to them:

THE FUTURE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

*/snarl*  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas